PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have P-51D 1000 pound bombs?

edal86
08-03-2010, 11:17 PM
* For X-box you have to destroy 50 ground targets in STRIKE (good luck).

* For PS3 (after update) you have to destroy only 1 ground target on STRIKE, however, even destroying a single ground target in STRIKE seems impossible since rockets and the P51D guns have almost no effect on them.

Mage and I tried the following:

- STRIKE: Britain map, Side B on B-17G and side A on P-51D.
- Then, B-17G bombs its own ground target (the Ship). A single 1000 pound bomb will subtract 5 points from tickets.
- Calculate how many bombs you will need to leave the ground target damaged enough (example: 1-5 tickets remaining) so that the P-51d is able to destroy it with guns or kamikaze.
---- This did not work -----

Test # 2
- I am comfident that if the organization of planes is switched then this will be able to work
- A fighter may not be able to damage a ship (ground target) with guns and rockets and/or kamikaze, but it is able to damage those little bunker ground targets on land (1 ticket at a time though)

***** Can anyone try this please, or post if you have the P-51D bombs already and how you got them?

??? If a plane lands is it considered a ground target????

crjav8er
08-03-2010, 11:35 PM
* For X-box you have to destroy 50 ground targets in STRIKE (good luck).

* For PS3 (after update) you have to destroy only 1 ground target on STRIKE, however, even destroying a single ground target in STRIKE seems impossible since rockets and the P51D guns have almost no effect on them.

Mage and I tried the following:

- STRIKE: Britain map, Side B on B-17G and side A on P-51D.
- Then, B-17G bombs its own ground target (the Ship). A single 1000 pound bomb will subtract 5 points from tickets.
- Calculate how many bombs you will need to leave the ground target damaged enough (example: 1-5 tickets remaining) so that the P-51d is able to destroy it with guns or kamikaze.
---- This did not work -----

Test # 2
- I am comfident that if the organization of planes is switched then this will be able to work
- A fighter may not be able to damage a ship (ground target) with guns and rockets and/or kamikaze, but it is able to damage those little bunker ground targets on land (1 ticket at a time though)

***** Can anyone try this please, or post if you have the P-51D bombs already and how you got them?

??? If a plane lands is it considered a ground target????

For PS3 = 5 (sometimes 6) kamikaze attacks with the P-51 on a ground bunker will destroy it. Just set up a 2 player 20 min game on Stalingrad or Sicily (close targets to spawn point) and you will unlock the bomb load no problem.

Robotic Pope
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Quickest way is to get a B-17 to pre-bomb the targets for you. Use the sicaly map with max player limit to get 16 bunkers. Two 2000lb bomb hits will leave a bunker right on the edge of blowing (Ive even blown one up with just the guns on the IL2m). You can then use your rockets to finish the job or just crash into it for the kill.

I'm half way to getting the mustang bombs after just two 20min games thanks to Squirell's B-17 :) He helped me get the target kill loadouts for the IL2m too.

edal86
08-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey guys thanks!!

I did it by kamikazing into the targets about 5-6 times against random arcade victims hehe

** have you guys obtained all weapon unlocks??

P-51
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey guys thanks!!

I did it by kamikazing into the targets about 5-6 times against random arcade victims hehe

** have you guys obtained all weapon unlocks??

Nope. I just need IL-10 stuff and the IL-2's I think.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I did it by Kamikaze. Seemed like the only sane choice. Have all the weapon unlocks IL 2's were probably the worst to get.

Robotic Pope
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Quickest way is to get a B-17 to pre-bomb the targets for you. Use the sicaly map with max player limit to get 16 bunkers. Two 2000lb bomb hits will leave a bunker right on the edge of blowing (Ive even blown one up with just the guns on the IL2m). You can then use your rockets to finish the job or just crash into it for the kill.

I'm half way to getting the mustang bombs after just two 20min games thanks to Squirell's B-17 :) He helped me get the target kill loadouts for the IL2m too.

Ive finished unlocking the bombs for the p51d (two 250lb not 1000lb) and i'm now working on the small bombs for the la7, 10 targets destroyed; 30 more to go. I will host some arcade strike matches tonight for anyone else on xbox that needs to do some kamikaze runs.

Robotic Pope
08-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Ive finished unlocking the bombs for the p51d (two 250lb not 1000lb) and i'm now working on the small bombs for the la7, 10 targets destroyed; 30 more to go. I will host some arcade strike matches tonight for anyone else on xbox that needs to do some kamikaze runs.

Well Ive got all my weapons now along with 1000 achievment points. Thanks to the guys that helped. We managed to get quite a few unlocks for people tonight.