PDA

View Full Version : Controller Commando's

Drvn1
08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
List who the best controller users you have played against are.. I know there are lots of you that are great with the Flight sticks.. lets see who is good with the game pad.. :)

SEE
08-03-2010, 03:06 AM
RoboticPope! Mind you he does revert to a stick for IL1946.......and you seem to be smoking peoples asses on the gamepad too!

Pope with a 'stick'......ouch!

FOR SALE - P47 Razor Back, One carefull Owner (Bullshit I know ...but this is an AD!) complete with 2 -1000Ibr's, HVAR rockets and fully restored (one or two cannon holes here and there, used only for CTA) Offers in the region 0f 400 MS points considered........

EvangelusE (GT)
Ang-1 (HL CS)

Drvn1
08-03-2010, 09:15 PM
You have a P47 razor back? RC plane or on the game? I didn't think they existed on BOP...

Thanks for the compliment and yes Robotic pope is very skilled with the game pad :)

Gilly
08-04-2010, 09:53 AM
You have a P47 razor back? RC plane or on the game? I didn't think they existed on BOP...

Thanks for the compliment and yes Robotic pope is very skilled with the game pad :)

Not fully conversant with Xbox but the P47 is available as an additional download from the PSN Store. For £7 ( approx $10 I'm guessing) you get the P47 and a series of single missions. Sadly a bit of a bus when it comes to dogfighting with the usual suspects but BnZ tactics work well with it.

And getting back on topic, I did buy a stick but reverted back to the pad soon after. I found i was far more accurate when shooting as well as strangely being more agile when 'dancing' with other aircraft. Just a personal thing as I know pilots who use either and are just a effective no matter what their choice.

dkwookie
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah I am like Gilly, bought a Hotas but went back to controller pretty shortly after. It's not so much the tighter control on the pad but the Hotas is just too big and unwieldy to play for extended periods. If I was sat at a desk on a pc the flight stick would be preferred option but sat on a sofa across the room or in bed I prefer the pad for comfort

SEE
08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I started with flight sims way back with CFS1 and a stick or use the keyboard were the only options in those days. So a stick is what I have become used to. I tried the controller for a couple of days while I awaited the arrival of my Xbox flight stick and couldn't use it at all. I don't play many other games on Xbox and, even on the few that I have, I struggle with the game controller.

bobbysocks
08-05-2010, 07:26 AM
I learned to fly long before games were in existence. so a stick or yoke are more natural for ME. but if you were a gamer and used a pad before BoP....YOU will probably opt and do better with a game pad.

JOED70
08-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I a stick guy normally but for this game I use the pad I find the 2 logitec sticks I have and tried work okay but are slugish seems to be controler lag input changening the sensativity to full on everything gives more range but the slow responce remains I wish you could use the motion sensor function on the six axis for rudders .