PDA

View Full Version : The Hall of Fame "IL2 Aces= ur worst nightmare"

Luftwaffe_Rommel
07-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Nominate ur strongests enemies you have fought against to see if everyone thinks they deserve to be members of this hall of fame:

I would like to nominate some real SOBs (SOB with due respects cuz they are just awesome). Gentlemen ur dam good fighters; some cleaver, cheap tacticians, or dam out of this world awesome pilots.

dwookie (all 3 modes) "why dont u earn a trophy if u shoot this guy in arcade, impossible thing to do can be done but truly hard to do."
Spin-Sir (realistic)
Snowolf (realistic n Simulator)
LeutenantDan (realistic)
Agator (arcade)
Themeister (arcade)
Gordon something (Simulator)
Azteca72 (arcade)
Marvikangoose (realistic)
Ratman (realistic)
Coordinator (arcade)
Parallexview (realistic)
Shadowcorp (realistic)

N these are the hardest I have face so far in this game, I know there are more but just havent happen to run into them yet. or should I say get shread to pieces by them.

Lahatiel
07-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Definitely Dkwookie...not only a very accurate pilot, but gracious about it too.

Mexican13 (arcade) sticks out in my head..but haven't seen him in a while.
Catemes (arcade) has a dangerous hurricane in CTA.
Windshunter (arcade) dangerous hurricane in CTA mode.

That is all I can think of currently to add to your list.

Shadowcorp
07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
just a few more to add
Mirgirvin sim/realistic
Gilly Realistic
McQ Realistic
Bmanace Realistic
LargeElk Realistic
Winny Realistic
Petterman
and many more i should mention but for the time being i can't remember them off hand

All the afore mentioned play the ps3 version of BoP (to avoid any un-necassary confusion)

kjwright
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM
For me it would have to be
Dasedmaestro(real/SIM)
TrailerE( Realistic)
Snowman(real/sim)
Ratman(realistic)
Bandit(Real)
Mirgervin(Sim)
majarartexisback(real) Crazy little Brit

Does that count

dkwookie
07-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Some not mentioned
Drkdeath
Pappyboyington
Howdz
Weareguns
Tigyo

Howdz and guns haven't been on for ages but they are A1 players

McQ59
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Accept my humble thanks Shadowcorp.

I'd like to add a cpl of outstanding players/pilots:

Davedog74
er-macina

Both realistic PS3.
They're allways a tremendous threat, or a great support!

olife
07-24-2010, 04:37 PM
MACADEMIC the teacher FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!

the only one guy i see who is able to fly all the time in sim with:
-limited ammo and fuel
-full sensitivity
-no hud
-no map
-cockpit view
-and able to control the plane with all of those settings in same time shoot down planes!!!!!!A REAL ACE!!

RESPECT!!!!as we say in french." chapeau bas MONSIEUR MACADEMIC!!!!"

Shadowcorp
07-24-2010, 04:38 PM
thanks McQ knew i had missed some big names
heres another though i haven't seen him of late, his skills are missed though.
Rosemeyer

Gilly
07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Few more to add

Easy D1 (Realistic)
Chameleon Lord (Realistic)
Chowbird (Realistic)
Sarge Looney (Realistic)

winny
07-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Think all the big guns are covered now..

Tagemandbagem is also definately worth mentioning in Sim.. Very good and with a little 'flair' too.

dkwookie
07-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I mentioned Tigyo here not having played her in months. I logged on earlier and there she was. Epic low level furballs all over. Great great arcade player.

It's why I still love Arcade mode, the manouvers become a balet with spiralling dives and impossibly tight hard rudder spinning turns

Gilly
07-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Think all the big guns are covered now..

Tagemandbagem is also definately worth mentioning in Sim.. Very good and with a little 'flair' too.

Doh, schoolboy error
I nominate Winny!
Sorry mate

winny
07-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Doh, schoolboy error
I nominate Winny!
Sorry mate

Shadow was generous enough to mention me.. there's probably loads missing from the early days too... anyone remember oceanx and drkdeath? They owned realistic for a while.

vdomini
07-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Hello! Playng simulator only, let me say...

Strongest pilot ever met in the sky is absolutely Sir Mirgervin. his skills are unreachable. He teached me lot of things.

Then, i fear olife, wolfsalt, menes, and cjdriver ( not shure about spelling of his name )

Not sure if gordonvembu still play bop on ps3, but he used to be strong too.

Macademic have developed unreachable skills flying cockpit and full sens. I am not that patient eheh

French pilots in spitfire are strong too, firepilote is an ace, as well as olife.

I am sure there are more out there that i havent faced yet!

Have fun and.... Be carefull! Lol

crjav8er
07-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Was absolutely owned by dkwookie in a CTA match tonight. Great fun.

I always fear seeing:
Maverickandgoose
LeutenantDan65
EasyD1

Of course I love having them on my team!

olife
07-25-2010, 02:51 AM
play sim at 90%

as i say before i nominate macademic but there are also:
_mirgervin
_vdomini
_mage016
_snowolf
_wolsaft
_tagmandebagem
_menes
_firlance
_varcus
_firepilote
_wredmann
_maddog419
_lost cause 64
_cep34
_gordonvembu
_suprun
_dazdemaestro
_skeii
_mikez
_tommyhocker
_ace hunter
_briggboy
_er macina
_piednoir
_dbnfk777
_cjdriver
_cranny

i m sure i forget many others and i m sorry for it but there are a lot of very good guys in sim and hard to remember of all of them

in realistic,cassecouboy ,drkdeath5000,gilly,oceanx

not play a lot in arcade but i say: sanibelfam,john rambo ww2,coordinator and agator99

Luftwaffe_Rommel
07-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I have been killed many times by most of the pilots u have mention above. I guess there should be no surprise to anyone who dares to questions their excellent skills. They all have deserved their Plance in this Hall of Fame. May their names be remember as Flying Legends for as long as this Game remains playeble online. I forgat to mention Gillydamutha, face him today n didnt live to tell the tail hahah, sort of speak.

Ratman91101
07-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Some not mentioned
Drkdeath
Pappyboyington
Howdz
Weareguns
Tigyo

Howdz and guns haven't been on for ages but they are A1 players

Howdz is back in the air and I can allway`s find him in BC2.As 4 WeAreGuns.He left 4 Iraq 3 weeks ago.Say a prayer!

TremblingBlue
07-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Not too surpised Agator made it on here...not only is he everybody's worst nightmare to play against, he's also a complete nightmare to play with. No concept of team play what-so ever.

You're about to shoot down a fighter...you've damaged it heavily and have spent a while getting to that point. Then Agator comes and finishes it. Total sponge.

CRANNY
07-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Great list, Every name here is lethal. I hope to be back on psn by the end of August. PEACE

olife
07-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Great list, Every name here is lethal. I hope to be back on psn by the end of August. PEACE

yes ,pleasure
u will be always welcome
u are a good one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadowcorp
07-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Not too surpised Agator made it on here...not only is he everybody's worst nightmare to play against, he's also a complete nightmare to play with. No concept of team play what-so ever.

You're about to shoot down a fighter...you've damaged it heavily and have spent a while getting to that point. Then Agator comes and finishes it. Total sponge.

some people just chase smoke all game long and you're right they are a nightmare to have on your team

Gilly
07-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Good to know you're alive and kicking mate, look forward to your return!!

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
07-27-2010, 12:53 AM
God, my worst nightmare back when I played this regularly was having Edal86 on the other team. lol.

Rosemeyer78
07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Personally, my nightmares: Spin-Sir & Shadowcorp in realistic, Tademanbagem & Mirgervin in SIM..

heres another though i haven't seen him of late, his skills are missed though. Rosemeyer

Thanks!
Unfortunately / luckily my Playstation is almost always turned off .. here in Ticino is period of aperò, bikinis and festivals ..

However at the end of August, I want put back my ass on my spit...

Davedog74
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Accept my humble thanks Shadowcorp.

I'd like to add a cpl of outstanding players/pilots:

Davedog74
er-macina

Both realistic PS3.
They're allways a tremendous threat, or a great support!

thanks mate, you too,your getting as hard to hit as shadow and gilly(master bomber)

SgtLooney
07-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Few more to add

Easy D1 (Realistic)
Chameleon Lord (Realistic)
Chowbird (Realistic)
Sarge Looney (Realistic)

Thanks for the mention Gilly, but I'm afraid I may be beyond my prime in this game. Easy's over taken me...

Gilly
07-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the mention Gilly, but I'm afraid I may be beyond my prime in this game. Easy's over taken me...

I'd maybe speak to crosshair as he's awesome in a G6 in realistic (or so he tells us in the P51 purist thread)and you could perhaps watch him!!!

SgtLooney
07-29-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm kind of avoiding the G6, don't think I've touched it since I've come back to the game. I'm liking the 109F4 and Yak-3, and my Dora 9 is always there in Strike.

Shadowcorp
07-29-2010, 10:59 AM
looney cause a certain amount of dread to b17 pilots whens he's in a fw190d9,a true ace in what can be a very stubborn aircraft!

Luftwaffe_Rommel
07-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Saintmora (arcade)
ZeppelingCH (arcade)
Dr_Rev_D (arcade)
Nighttrain69 (Strike arcade best bomber with the Arado)
Luftwaffe40 (havent seen him in a while but good pilot for arcade mode)
Diablos5 (arcade also hasnt shown a lot in the game)
Catemes (great friend of mine but deadly on the opposite team)
Rambo (arcade SOB only flies a Spit)
Georggio (arcade)

SgtLooney
07-29-2010, 09:30 PM
looney cause a certain amount of dread to b17 pilots whens he's in a fw190d9,a true ace in what can be a very stubborn aircraft!

My thanks Shadow, though it seems no matter what I'm in you get on my tail and stay there. More so these days.

MACADEMIC
07-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Lol, can't believe I've missed this very amusing thread! Olife, too much honour, but thank you!

So if I'm allowed, I'll throw in my five cents too:

Best pilot overall: 'Ace of Aces' Mirgervin. You never cease to amaze me with your flying skills mate.
Friendliest (most 'sympathetic'): That got to go to you Olife. Respect buddy, you always make me smile.
Best P51 Mustang Purist Pilot: Varcus. And I know you're not sorry.
Best Tournament Organizer and Comeback: Edal86. Welcome back.
Best Missing Man: kozzmo. O brother where art thou?
Best Humor: Mage. Inventor of the STALLions.
Best Drink and Fly Pilot: Vdomini. Salute!

And last not least, Best Online Community: all of you out there.

See you soon,

MAC

Drvn1
07-31-2010, 02:02 AM
The following guys are always shooting me down...

Brickster- Guy is wicked accurate, plane usually blows up or breaks into peices with the first burst he shoots..

SSL Squirel- Really, really good. I would love to see he and brickster battle or be on a team with both of them LOL

Evangeluse-- Not sure what it is but seems like every time i get a clear shot at an enemy, this guy comes and ruines my plans :rolleyes:.. He has definately taught me to check my six when I am in pursuit ;)

Seanrobert001 - very good pilot and teammate..

kjwright
07-31-2010, 08:03 AM
hey what about me, ive heard ppl go "look at silntdeath207" surely some of you have flown with me in my crazy rook escapades... Usually in a P51/ P47, but I make my money kills in a Bf-109F-4

draux
07-31-2010, 01:54 PM
The following guys are always shooting me down...

Brickster- Guy is wicked accurate, plane usually blows up or breaks into peices with the first burst he shoots..

SSL Squirel- Really, really good. I would love to see he and brickster battle or be on a team with both of them LOL

Evangeluse-- Not sure what it is but seems like every time i get a clear shot at an enemy, this guy comes and ruines my plans :rolleyes:.. He has definately taught me to check my six when I am in pursuit ;)

Seanrobert001 - very good pilot and teammate..

Somebody finally mentioned some 360 pilots. Throw robotic pope in there and you've got the best sim players currently on the xbox.

Drvn1
08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Somebody finally mentioned some 360 pilots. Throw robotic pope in there and you've got the best sim players currently on the xbox.

Agreed ;)

He is probably the best boom and zoom guy i have played against..

Nomad_of_war
08-02-2010, 01:29 AM

Good Mate! we've missed you more than you know cranny.
also, i think any and eery arcade player be exempt from this list..... and i dont mean to be arrogant, but i nominate myself, the guys at first list i can normally stand up against and play with most of them each time im on. mostly that Dirty Rat's Games! :-)

dkwookie
08-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Good Mate! we've missed you more than you know cranny.
also, i think any and eery arcade player be exempt from this list..... and i dont mean to be arrogant, but i nominate myself, the guys at first list i can normally stand up against and play with most of them each time im on. mostly that Dirty Rat's Games! :-)

Why should arcade players be exempt? If you think arcade mode does not demand skill I could demonstrate to you how it works :-)

winny
08-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Why should arcade players be exempt? If you think arcade mode does not demand skill I could demonstrate to you how it works :-)

This message took longer to appear than I thought it would! :)

Shadowcorp
08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
if anything the excessive speeds in arcade can make it more difficult than other two modes and when you play a true arcade ace, it quite easily understood just what wookie means.
no aces in arcade lol

Nomad_of_war
08-02-2010, 11:27 PM
if anything the excessive speeds in arcade can make it more difficult than other two modes and when you play a true arcade ace, it quite easily understood just what wookie means.
no aces in arcade lol

lol exactly. when you play realistic, a whole room full of doors open and even more in sim. were use to losing a wing, and still keepin it up, or giving the killer his well deserved kill and bailing. we pay more attention to ammo, stalling, plane types, guns on planes, stability of planes (lo-5pn vs a Messerschmidt), tactics, (not to go headon with spinsir LOL) and even more in sim. i just think the realistic and sim makes you worthy of being called ace as opposed to arcade.

Luftwaffe_Rommel
08-03-2010, 04:59 AM
I see that few of u fine gentlemen are discussing wheter or not there are arcade aces n that wheter or not those peoples names should be included in this Hall of Fame.

personally I think there are aces in arcade. It takes some skill like dwookie said to play arcade n not get kill. arcade is just like a ball room where the best dancers score thier kills with fasinating spins n moves that leave u saying "what the hell...but... how did he get on my six just like that".

Now some of u say "well yeah but still realistic n simulator are just better". Let me tell u that I have seen awesome realistic players turn into crapy players when they play arcade. Sure they might be awesome in realistic but some just with due respects do poorly on arcade. When I ask them what happen they say something very typical, "well arcade is just for rookies I only fly realistic n higher". The truth is that they are not good players in arcade and they think of arcade aces as inferior just because they dont know how to valley dance their plane in arcade mode. Therefore shouldn't these players also be worth mentioned I mean they hold skills after all. U might be the deadliest player on simulator or realistic. but they own arcade as oppose to u, firmly u might just be another flying target for them. "Not dwookie of course this guy is dam awesome in all three modes." My respects for this player.

Finally we should all recognize these players mention in this hall for their skill no matter what mode they fly in. They are aces of IL2 nevertheless. lets not argue about who should be the real aces here cuz we all know they live n died long ago during n after WWII. They were the true aces of the sky us were just a bunch players who had wish to fly along side with them during the war, learn from their corage n skills behind the stick. Amen!

Nomad_of_war
08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I apologize for saying what i did say then. i tested this out in arcade and played for shit just like you said, and saw some amazing flying at it. my apologies for suggesting arcade has no aces.

Robotic Pope
08-04-2010, 12:54 AM
I nominate Bucketmanroc as a nightmare for anyone who wants to actually play a game instead of just sitting in the lobby chatting. He is the most patient host ever, he can talk for hours while trying to get one more person into the lobby to make the sides fair and then when the sides are finally equal in numbers he always seems to get called away from his xbox to unclog the toilet. ;) ;) ;)

We always wait for him to return though because he is the nicest guy on xbox live and he makes the game much more fun to play (even when he is shooting at you while your on the same team). :)

FOZ_1983
08-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Ever noticed how you can fly with someone as a wingman and do exceptionally well together, and with anyone else you dont fare so good?

For the wingman role i;d have to nominate pope!! Back before my HD died and i lost everything i would enjoy flying online.

The communication between pope and a wingman is spot on, he'll communicate well and you'll have his six or he'll have yours. Many a game we've come out on top flying the Hurricane, because we worked well together and communicated. A good lone wolf to.

dkwookie
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I think Winny was best wingman I flew with. We didn't even use headsets but knew which manouvers to pull off to get one or the other to take out the guys on our 6. In those days we were nigh on unbeatable in arcade mode

Gilly
08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Ever noticed how you can fly with someone as a wingman and do exceptionally well together, and with anyone else you dont fare so good?

For the wingman role i;d have to nominate pope!! Back before my HD died and i lost everything i would enjoy flying online.

The communication between pope and a wingman is spot on, he'll communicate well and you'll have his six or he'll have yours. Many a game we've come out on top flying the Hurricane, because we worked well together and communicated. A good lone wolf to.

I think you're bang on with this Foz. I think communication has a lot to do with it especially in team games. Not being able to communicate means you're left to a degree 'on your own' to make the right calls- do I chase x pilot or is someone else already on the case. Whilst you're looking to find this out you can bet that you're becoming a target. Good communication coupled with good team-mates mean ultimately a successful mission.

winny
08-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I think Winny was best wingman I flew with. We didn't even use headsets but knew which manouvers to pull off to get one or the other to take out the guys on our 6. In those days we were nigh on unbeatable in arcade mode

Ahh.. 2v2 arcade barnstormers.. Brilliant fun. I miss not being able to do a big corkscrewy climb and watch you scythe through the guy on my six as I pulled over the top and latched onto the guy on your six, some epic dogfighting went on!

olife
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I see that few of u fine gentlemen are discussing wheter or not there are arcade aces n that wheter or not those peoples names should be included in this Hall of Fame.

personally I think there are aces in arcade. It takes some skill like dwookie said to play arcade n not get kill. arcade is just like a ball room where the best dancers score thier kills with fasinating spins n moves that leave u saying "what the hell...but... how did he get on my six just like that".

Now some of u say "well yeah but still realistic n simulator are just better". Let me tell u that I have seen awesome realistic players turn into crapy players when they play arcade. Sure they might be awesome in realistic but some just with due respects do poorly on arcade. When I ask them what happen they say something very typical, "well arcade is just for rookies I only fly realistic n higher". The truth is that they are not good players in arcade and they think of arcade aces as inferior just because they dont know how to valley dance their plane in arcade mode. Therefore shouldn't these players also be worth mentioned I mean they hold skills after all. U might be the deadliest player on simulator or realistic. but they own arcade as oppose to u, firmly u might just be another flying target for them. "Not dwookie of course this guy is dam awesome in all three modes." My respects for this player.

Finally we should all recognize these players mention in this hall for their skill no matter what mode they fly in. They are aces of IL2 nevertheless. lets not argue about who should be the real aces here cuz we all know they live n died long ago during n after WWII. They were the true aces of the sky us were just a bunch players who had wish to fly along side with them during the war, learn from their corage n skills behind the stick. Amen!

hello
i think arcade is as hard as realistic or sim,in fact i think the 3 modes have theirs owns difficulties,i play at 80% in sim but i like play realistic and arcade even if in arcade i "would miss a cow in a corridor"!!lol
there are a real aces in arcade as in realistic and sim

dkwookie
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Ahh.. 2v2 arcade barnstormers.. Brilliant fun. I miss not being able to do a big corkscrewy climb and watch you scythe through the guy on my six as I pulled over the top and latched onto the guy on your six, some epic dogfighting went on!

Too bad that 2v2 arcade tourny at Xmas never took place. We had a great shot there.

I was on arcade at the weekend and ended up against Coordinator and Azteca. Those guys together are a major handfull

Luftwaffe_Rommel
08-06-2010, 06:02 AM
last time I played IL2 I met another awesome player to add to the list. without further delays
Crashking (arcade) a deadly hurricane fighter.

That is all I havent been able to play IL2 anymore these days. it seems that "The chimera" has really catch my atention n as General Naitan Hale I must seek to destroy every single chimera in resistance 2. Also latelly I enjoy myself stocking marines n aliens to extiction in AVP. Though sometimes I just whish to be on a plane rather than fight these chimeras, marines, n aliens (Xnomores says Carl Bishop)
http://thegamereviews.com/images/uploads/20081013_Resistance_2_02.jpg
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/aliens-vs-predator-game-wallpaper-7.jpg
Until I get them trophies from thes games I'll be back in the air for IL2. But please do keep nominationg good players from IL2.

Rommel out... Predators Rule die Chimera YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robotic Pope
08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I nominate Bucketmanroc as a nightmare for anyone who wants to actually play a game instead of just sitting in the lobby chatting. He is the most patient host ever, he can talk for hours while trying to get one more person into the lobby to make the sides fair and then when the sides are finally equal in numbers he always seems to get called away from his xbox to unclog the toilet. ;) ;) ;)

We always wait for him to return though because he is the nicest guy on xbox live and he makes the game much more fun to play (even when he is shooting at you while your on the same team). :)

Come on bucket, where is the come back? ;)

Drvn1
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Did someone say team kill? :grin:

SEE
08-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Played with Bucket (Hurricane) virtually every night since this game was released and never had a 'friendly fire' incident from him......Pope must have upset him! :grin:

If a player does it all the time though....and some do......:evil:

Mage_016
08-10-2010, 08:35 AM
My top three of sim aces at the moment are:

Mirgervin
Firepilote (maybe even better than Sir Mirgervin)
And edal86 (in one comeback match he did so much kills that i've never seen, others were so pissed off, blamed him to be a cheater)

Then there are lots of great people in this community, but I wont list'em.

hurricane
08-11-2010, 12:58 AM
My top three of sim aces at the moment are:

Mirgervin
Firepilote (maybe even better than Sir Mirgervin)
And edal86 (in one comeback match he did so much kills that i've never seen, others were so pissed off, blamed him to be a cheater)

Then there are lots of great people in this community, but I wont list'em.

spoken by a true il2 ace .even though we are on different consoles your attitude makes you the best.

Robotic Pope
08-11-2010, 05:11 PM
spoken by a true il2 ace .even though we are on different consoles your attitude makes you the best.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY??? Whats that Bucket??????? :-P lol

I thought you where against this thread anyway?

hurricane
08-12-2010, 12:05 AM
i still am.the trouble with lists are that all the people that should be included are not and some that shouldn't be are.

hurricane
08-12-2010, 12:10 AM
oh bullops .i don't want to get too serious.did i spell bullops right?

Robotic Pope
08-12-2010, 12:37 AM
oh bullops .i don't want to get too serious.did i spell bullops right?

urrmm no. I shall use it in an example for you :)
Oh Bollocks, I've been got. Bloody hell, where did you come from Pope?

:D ;) :P

kozzm0
08-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Lol, can't believe I've missed this very amusing thread! Olife, too much honour, but thank you!

So if I'm allowed, I'll throw in my five cents too:

Best pilot overall: 'Ace of Aces' Mirgervin. You never cease to amaze me with your flying skills mate.
Friendliest (most 'sympathetic'): That got to go to you Olife. Respect buddy, you always make me smile.
Best P51 Mustang Purist Pilot: Varcus. And I know you're not sorry.
Best Tournament Organizer and Comeback: Edal86. Welcome back.
Best Missing Man: kozzmo. O brother where art thou?
Best Humor: Mage. Inventor of the STALLions.
Best Drink and Fly Pilot: Vdomini. Salute!

And last not least, Best Online Community: all of you out there.

See you soon,

MAC

I'm still unwilling to update my ntsc 60gb past 3.15. So lately I've been perfecting the art of shooting down all 16 bombers in training with limited f/a. He111's and Blenheims so far.

If Sony's not beat soon, I'll sell my ps3, get a new one and be back online.

Toughest pilot for me to beat is Mirgervin. It seems like he turns impossibly fast, but I think it's just concentration.

Two other tough dogfighters, tagemandbagem and edal86.

There's two ways to beat Mirgervin: run away and hope somebody else kills him, or start rolling scissors and hope he hits the ground first.

The_Stapler
08-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Haha i flew with coordinator back in November when i broke my arm, one-handed il-2 with a joystick is interesting. He's a good stick. Haven't had a chance to play with him in ages due to time zones.

irishjg10
01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I'd like to nominate Olga-b for the hall of fame. She's a fairly new player but is virtually unbeatable in arcade. I have seen her fight and win while being outnumbered on many occasions and she can pull off some stunning acrobatics. She's just as lethal in realistic and have seen her beat up many names on this list.

mavrickandgoose
01-11-2011, 04:51 AM
wow i made it onto the first post i must be doing something right lol i have been playing arcade a lot due to lack of realistic games and i have found 2 people who beat me they should be on here PISTOLSHRIMP2K and sanibelfam also sweet_mystic is fairly good

haitch40
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Edal86 no doubt about it is the best iv ever seen

bobbysocks
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
like him or not doesnt matter.... lonepanthers on xbox. i have never seen someone out score him. its bad enough people claim he is cheating using a lag switch.

Akula
01-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd have to nominate Olife & Vdomini (Sim). Easy-D1, ParallaxVue & LeutenantDan (Realistic). Azteca72 & Agator99 for Arcade. EVERY one of them are deserving of the 'Ace' title.

scottyvt4
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
hmmmmmm where to start.................

in no particuler order .............. and the list is great within greats imo

Gilly
McQ
Wookie
Kav
Devilis
Davedog
Cranny
Winny
Ratman
aztecca
skelator
Lt Dan
Ad3ill
parellaxveu
Easy -D

there are a few others that i cant remember off the top of my head :)

dkwookie
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Haha i flew with coordinator back in November when i broke my arm, one-handed il-2 with a joystick is interesting. He's a good stick. Haven't had a chance to play with him in ages due to time zones.

Underestimate co-ordinator at your peril. If this were a team event on arcade or realistic it would be a foregone conclusion!

dkwookie
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
like him or not doesnt matter.... lonepanthers on xbox. i have never seen someone out score him. its bad enough people claim he is cheating using a lag switch.

Lonepantherz was on ps3 for a while bobby. He was shit hot but had a bad attitude with the regulars. Glad to see he is still playing. Hope he picks up his ps3 disk again sometime

olga_b
01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
olife no1 player

arcade pistolshrimp and speedbird888
2 very skill players

bobbysocks
01-11-2011, 11:20 PM
olga....next nickname you pick should be "the white rose".

olife
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
millions thanks akula and olga!!!too kind!!!u both are a very good pilots too!!!a real aces!!!
i m often lucky in fact...i have no a particular talent...i m just lucky

great thanks again!!!!

olga_b
01-12-2011, 12:01 AM
@bobbysocks thank you much. perfect name. совершенный

hurricane
01-12-2011, 12:19 AM

seems like your painting with a broad brush

Robotic Pope
01-13-2011, 04:15 AM

You have a point bucketman. There are only a few who have accused him of cheating or modding. But I am one. I have been suspicious ever since that time he kept changing his Gamertag name every few minutes. Something that costs what 800msp?, he would come into a game and we would think he was a new guy only to find our planes exploding with one bullet hit. Everyone has had those games were you suddenly cannot miss and planes explode the instant you fire at them or crash and give you the kill every time. For most people this usually happens every now and then or even rarely, but for lonepanther this 'killing zone' seems to be almost always active. I don't know why this is but its certainly something to do with connection modded or not.

Connection and lag is the biggest factor in making a player LOOK good or not if just going by scores. For example I see many people fly in endless circles and get plenty of instakills. And then just tonight I watch someone make a real nice move to force an enemy to overshoot only to spend the next 30 seconds pumping bullets though them like the plane was made of water then they crash with no kill given.

Also a good player should be about respect for their fellow players and comradery not just skill and certainly not scores. LonePanther is quite lacking in the former. Sorry Bobby, I personaly can't call him a good player. He is a player I just have to put up with most times.

Oh and can this thread be left to rest again? Way too much arse kissing here.

bobbysocks
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
thats fine pope. everyone to their own experiences. i dont kiss anyones @$$....nor do i claim to be hot $#!T. i spend most of my time in flames or in the silk. i have noticed the same "inaccuracies" BUT from various players and that is why i, personally, can not yell "foul". i have flown planes and had 2 black wings, a deep red engine, and a brain dead pilot...and STILL been able to maneuver and get kills. THEN next game i have taken a few rounds to make my wing merely PINK....and that drove me uncontrollably me into the ground. some nights the kills come cheap....the next night i cant buy a kill...like i am shoot rubber bullets...i am on a guy's ( anyone's) tail and he eats a thousand rounds from my guns and NO KILL. if it were only by the same one or 2 gamers then would be different and i would be suspicious but it has been random. as much as i wish personally i would love to claim someone as taking unfair advantage...i honestly cant. who knows, some of these guys may have figured out some "technology"...other than the fact they have extremely good band width to get the upper hand...if so they they are pieces of $#!T and if that is the only way they can win, i truly feel sorry for them...they must have deep seated self worth issues and will are losers and will aspire to be absolutely nothing in the real world. if shooting me down builds makes them feel think they are the better man...yeah, ok, whatever ( you get my point...its sad ). i am here to fly and have a good time....make a few good friends...share a few hours having fun and if i am the occasional fodder for experts and cheaters...so be it. i think my ego can somehow recover from that hit.. abrasive personalities are only a volume switch away from being corrected.

bobbysocks
01-13-2011, 09:16 AM

sorry son... i call them as i see them. i may despise the team and hate the pitcher but if the ball comes over the plate between the knees and the chest...its a strike.

FOZ_1983
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
For bravery im nominating pope!! for cockiness he gets the same award :P

The reason being, any game i've joined recently, every flies something good. Pope... flies the P51!! Thats just asking for trouble, its crap haha.

Its a brave move i think.

But on topic.....

Everyone from the 360 who i see playing each night, they ALL get the award from me. They keep the game going and they enjoy it. I've started to get back into it and im not worried so much about unlocking my planes again, i've got my hurricane and thats all i need.

Kudos to them.

hurricane
01-13-2011, 06:45 PM
sorry son... i call them as i see them. i may despise the team and hate the pitcher but if the ball comes over the plate between the knees and the chest...its a strike.

If your going to mention "some people" are accusing someone of cheating and not say who it is maybe your better off not saying it at all.and please dont call me son my father died 14 years ago when he was 76 yes a ww2 vet.so i dont think your old enough to call me son.

mavrickandgoose
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
i have had one run in with lonepantherz on ps3 i also think something fishy is going on so did easyd1 dont know maybe its just lag i havnt seen hin on ps3 since me and easy gave him a good beat down but i would like to play with him again to see whats up

SEE
01-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Was talking to Lonepantherz last night, his account is currently suspended on PS3, so might be a while before he gets it back.

Robotic Pope
01-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Was talking to Lonepantherz last night, his account is currently suspended on PS3, so might be a while before he gets it back.

Thats another thing. He goes around telling people his acounts have been suspended or banned. He told us his LonePantherz acount had been suspended while he was using that shapeshifting gamertag acount. Now he says he is banned from psn (I think this is not true, he has just been blocked by most of the people playing IL2 on ps3, unlike xbox I believe this means he can't join any games if any of these people are in them). Of coarse some people are going to suspect you have a modded console if you tell them you have been banned.

bobbysocks
01-14-2011, 06:29 PM
If your going to mention "some people" are accusing someone of cheating and not say who it is maybe your better off not saying it at all.and please dont call me son my father died 14 years ago when he was 76 yes a ww2 vet.so i dont think your old enough to call me son.

sorry about the "son"... to me its like saying buddy, man, etc. not meant to demean you in any way or make the impression i am older and wiser. i honestly do not know who it is that accuses him so i cant name them. i pretty much keep away from the gossip talk. when it starts to get bantered about i turn my headset down. i get all the drama a man can stand at work...i am in the skies to get away from that kinda crap.

hurricane
01-14-2011, 09:15 PM
sorry about the "son"... to me its like saying buddy, man, etc. not meant to demean you in any way or make the impression i am older and wiser. i honestly do not know who it is that accuses him so i cant name them. i pretty much keep away from the gossip talk. when it starts to get bantered about i turn my headset down. i get all the drama a man can stand at work...i am in the skies to get away from that kinda crap.

apology accepted.I agree.may this thread hopefully rest in peace.

BRIGGBOY
01-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Edal86 no doubt about it is the best iv ever seen
yeah maybe the best you have seen but i have seen both ot them and Mirgervin wins every time baby

scottyvt4
01-15-2011, 06:03 PM
yeah maybe the best you have seen but i have seen both ot them and Mirgervin wins every time baby

agree's

another absentee to add to the list McKinneyJD ............

BeaverCompany01
01-17-2011, 03:28 AM
I vote for me! I can take all challengers............LOL

Robotic Pope
01-18-2011, 02:39 AM
I vote for me! I can take all challengers............LOL

Isn't kissing your own arse a bit painfull on the old back? ;)

BeaverCompany01
01-19-2011, 12:25 AM
perhaps it hurts a little but it keeps me limber...lol

Easy-D1
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
There are alot of good pilots...and we play BoP because we love planes and if they shut down the servers for BoP it will upset alot of us.
I am just glad we have a game like this to play!

Spln_Sir
06-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Olife and TheMeister corrected my outlook. I need practice and/or a better tv. Love realistic the most but still try all 3 levels out to stay somewhat sharp.

olife
06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Olife and TheMeister corrected my outlook. I need practice and/or a better tv. Love realistic the most but still try all 3 levels out to stay somewhat sharp.

millions thanks my friend,too kind !!but u are as good as me ,i'm just more lucky than u,and yes i'm agree themeister is really a great killer!

Shadowcorp
07-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Got some nmew names to add
Viper SS
Fockit
Sweet_Mystic (is not portugueese or russian)
and a name we all missind earlier Shadowkilik great guy excellent team player

FOCKIT1
07-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Got some nmew names to add
Viper SS
Fockit
Sweet_Mystic (is not portugueese or russian)
and a name we all missind earlier Shadowkilik great guy excellent team player

Thaks for the mention Shadow.... Always a pleasure to fly with all you guys.