PDA

View Full Version : frozen B29 preserved in Greenland

mattd27
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I though this might interest some of you.

A B29 bomber was found frozen in Greenland, untouched since 1947. From what I understand a team was sent up there with the task of rebuilding the B29 and flying it home.

The popular PBS tv show NOVA sent cameramen to document the process and they're airing it tomorrow (8pm EST).

I'm not sure what regions it's being broadcasted in but I think it's also watchable online. You can check the website for more details if anyone else wants to check it out.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/

Soviet Ace
07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
It's probably about the Kee Bird. Nova's already done it before, and I think it's probably a rerun? Either way, it's an interesting story about a cool spy/weather mission (I think there's something to do about weather, maybe it's cover story, but it's a cool spy story). Won't ruin the ending for anyone who doesn't know about it, or hasn't already seen the episode/others on the Kee Bird.

If you want to know....

mattd27
07-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, on second thought I think it is a repeat. I get emails from nova telling me what this weeks show is going to be about (I have no idea how I got signed up for that), and this one caught my eye today. I guess they're recycling their episodes now.:roll:

Nevertheless from what you say it sounds interesting so I'll probably watch it tomorrow anyway.