PDA

View Full Version : Anton, we're all proud of you and your team.

Buggins
07-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Anton, if you still frequent these forums, I'd like to say a huge thanks for console gamers such as myself who enjoy flight games. I still remember when BoP was first announced the rush of excitement and anticipation I had waiting for its release, and now to see you're being published by Activision is very rewarding. I understand you aren't able to communicate with us anymore, but I hope you read this and best of luck with Apache. Can't wait for it. All the best mate, and keep pumping these games out!

Cheers.

olife
07-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Anton, if you still frequent these forums, I'd like to say a huge thanks for console gamers such as myself who enjoy flight games. I still remember when BoP was first announced the rush of excitement and anticipation I had waiting for its release, and now to see you're being published by Activision is very rewarding. I understand you aren't able to communicate with us anymore, but I hope you read this and best of luck with Apache. Can't wait for it. All the best mate, and keep pumping these games out!

Cheers.

yes agree with u buggins,same here!!!!GREAT THANKS ANTON and ANTON'S TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEST LUCK WITH APACHE

dkwookie
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Seeing how Anton and the crew never turned up to play us online as promised I also have a message:
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough

winny
07-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Yeah, surley the 'gagging order' was only re: the patch.. there's a fair few still playing this Anton! Say hi.

olife
07-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Seeing how Anton and the crew never turned up to play us online as promised I also have a message:
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough

not sure the only thing anton have to do is play online with us ,i can understand him,i m sure he have a work to do ...just say THANKS to him and his team...that is all.

Gilly
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I'll echo the sentiments stated here and add my thanks if you read this Anton, to both yourself and the rest of you're team. If you do read this I do have just one question- ' Where's my Lancaster?'!!!
One like this!
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/paulcgill/85e4e6d5.jpg

dkwookie
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
not sure the only thing anton have to do is play online with us ,i can understand him,i m sure he have a work to do ...just say THANKS to him and his team...that is all.

I was joking! Thanks anton, looking forward to Apache Assault

trk29
07-19-2010, 07:31 PM
He still comes in he just doesn't post he was in here last month.

Thanks Anton for a great game can't wait for Apache.

1.JaVA_LGorrit
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Anton,
I stand to ~Salute~ you and your team.
Keep up the good work!

Robotic Pope
07-20-2010, 12:57 AM
+1

Anton, I'm sure you and the team will now be able to prove to 505 how wrong they were. Just wondering if you are still connected to 1c publishing? Well no doubt most of us will join the activison forum or wherever you are permited to post. :) good luck with the developing.

Riceball
07-20-2010, 01:52 PM
How does taste?

Gilly
07-20-2010, 02:44 PM
How does taste?

Personally, and speaking on behalf of the majortiy of the community, I wouldn't know so perhaps you'd be good enough to enlighten us?!!

Riceball
07-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Personally, and speaking on behalf of the majortiy of the community, I wouldn't know so perhaps you'd be good enough to enlighten us?!!

Ha. Perhaps you can see where i'm coming from.

I have an XBox 360. And eagerly awaited BoP. I heard all the promises Anton had to offer. And got nothing.

He, and they, deserve nothing in my mind.

Gilly
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Ha. Perhaps you can see where i'm coming from.

I have an XBox 360. And eagerly awaited BoP. I heard all the promises Anton had to offer. And got nothing.

He, and they, deserve nothing in my mind.

Yeah I see where your coming from. Appreciate that xBox situation is worse than the patched PS3 ( which is by no way perfect) but I don't think Anton and team were to blame. They did produce the patch for both consoles but I believe the reason you didn't get this was more down to the publisher, not the developers. Anton was, up until gagging, very approachable and willing to engage with us players. In fact I've never heard of any devs engaging with the gaming community in such a way. Having had support from the publishers removed the only way they could have developed this great game further would have been to finance it themselves. Pity really, as the longevity and dedication of those who play this game demonstrates the potential it had.

Riceball
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah I see where your coming from. Appreciate that xBox situation is worse than the patched PS3 ( which is by no way perfect) but I don't think Anton and team were to blame. They did produce the patch for both consoles but I believe the reason you didn't get this was more down to the publisher, not the developers. Anton was, up until gagging, very approachable and willing to engage with us players. In fact I've never heard of any devs engaging with the gaming community in such a way. Having had support from the publishers removed the only way they could have developed this great game further would have been to finance it themselves. Pity really, as the longevity and dedication of those who play this game demonstrates the potential it had.

You are so right. Anton provided access and information like I had never seen.
That is why I thought he would fight for ME. And when his publisher said it was not cost effective to make a patch for 360,(and further updates for all) he, and they clearly folded.

Some want to blame 505 for my situation. I truely believe it was 1C. We all know that the publisher puts the money behind the title. Not the developer.

Robotic Pope
07-21-2010, 12:28 AM
You are so right. Anton provided access and information like I had never seen.
That is why I thought he would fight for ME. And when his publisher said it was not cost effective to make a patch for 360,(and further updates for all) he, and they clearly folded.

Some want to blame 505 for my situation. I truely believe it was 1C. We all know that the publisher puts the money behind the title. Not the developer.

1C publishing had very little to do with BoP. Anton and the developers at Giajin would have given you everything you asked for had 505 not been so tight with the cash. Giajin didnt "fold" they simply had no control over the situation.

By the way Riceball, you're starting to sound a bit like Dennis, saying Anton should have fought for you personaly. lol

ChileMike
07-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Thought a sequel WW2 sim was in the works, not a helicopter sim.....one more disappointment. uuugghhhhhhh!

trk29
07-21-2010, 07:23 PM
How does taste?

That was not needed.

Just like Robotic Pope said it was 505's fault not 1C I don't see why you keep saying it was 1C's fault and not 505. 505 is the ones that handled the marketing of the game. Even 1C and 505 didn't have good relations. This thread was started for praise of Anton not to be a bashing thread. I understand your frustration with the Xbox version and it is dissapointing I wish they could have patched it for you guys.

PantherAttack2
07-22-2010, 12:18 AM
BACK ON TOPIC NOW...

Thanks a ton Anton and everyone at Gaijin!

haitch40
08-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeh thanks alot for what you have done for us.
ps got a week on here before i dont have access to a pc again and my ps3 crashes on this site

Riceball
08-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, thanks Anton. For what you did for some of us.

By the way Riceball, you're starting to sound a bit like Dennis, saying Anton should have fought for you personaly. lol

I will take offence to that comment sir! :-P I remember him from when I was here on a daily basis in anticipation of BoP. And by "me", I really mean "us".

Maybe the problem was having three hands in the pot. 1C, 505, and Gaijin. And maybe i'm too business minded. And how do you not see that everyone in the equation is at fault? Maybe some more than others.

Thanks for the condolences Trk.