PDA

View Full Version : IGN "best dogfighting of this console generation"

dkwookie
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Ok so it's not a quote from the BOP review but actually refers to a Snoopy WW1 arcade air combat game:
Uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14300992.HTML

Two questions spring to mind. Has anyone here played it? And if so is it really like Crimson Skies as that review says. I am so air combat mad I am considering splashing the fiver on it just for a laugh

bobbysocks
07-18-2010, 07:04 PM
i downloaded the trailer and watched it but didnt DL the demo... does look a lot like crimson skies. might be fun for something different.

dk ( or anyone for that matter ) if you play PC and want ww1...i just found this. looks awesome. they put some ww1 ac in forgotten battles...

http://www.ravenskins.com/RaVenskinsWW1.html

dkwookie
07-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Cheers for that link Bobby. I have the full IL2 package on PC but it's steam version. I will have to check cos I remember seeing somewhere community add on don't work with steam

1.JaVA_LGorrit
07-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I have downloaded the full game : Snoopy the flying Ace.
It is quite entertaining and is exactly like Crimson skies on the old XBOX.
It uses the exact same game engine.

@ Bobbysocks,
Actually it is not an add-on with new planes, they are WW2 planes like Gladiators, Fiat CR42's etc. with a WW1 skin.
Still a lot of fun!

dkwookie
07-19-2010, 01:51 PM
i downloaded the trailer and watched it but didnt DL the demo... does look a lot like crimson skies. might be fun for something different.

dk ( or anyone for that matter ) if you play PC and want ww1...i just found this. looks awesome. they put some ww1 ac in forgotten battles...

Bobby I picked up a new copy of 360 IL2 at lunch. Xbox user id is dkwookies. Hope to see you online this week

bobbysocks
07-19-2010, 04:46 PM
sweet dk. i will he honored to have you send me down in flames. :grin:

mattd27
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I also laughed when I read that IGN review, but to be fair the snoopy game is actually pretty fun if your looking for something fresh. Keep in mind it's no BOP, but for $10 I recommend it.

dkwookie
07-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Cheers matt and java for input. I reckon I will give it a go. As long as the gameplay is sound I don't mind the Snoopy theme. Mario kart vibe and all that.
Been pretty disappointed with last few games I bought on disk so trying the downloadables. After burner was cheap on psn last week so I grabbed that one.

Soviet Ace
07-19-2010, 06:48 PM

If you're looking for a seriously good WW1 flight sim, than I highly recommend Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War. Highly realistic, and just spectacular to no end. (I love it so much, and the online community is great.)

As for Snoopy... I'd take my chances with something else... unlike you DK, the Snoopy theme would get to me pretty fast... like in two milliseconds. :P

mattd27
07-19-2010, 06:56 PM
As for Snoopy... I'd take my chances with something else... unlike you DK, the Snoopy theme would get to me pretty fast... like in two milliseconds. :P

I was ok with it, I used to love Peanuts as a kid.:-P

I've always been a bit fascinated with WWI though, especially the aviation aspect. I hope at some point there will be a more serious WWI flight sim on consoles. Unfortunately I don't think my computer is fit to run any kind of a serious PC game.