PDA

View Full Version : X-Box BOP Top ACE

Drvn1
07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Hey guys I was thinking.. we could have a Top ACE ranking ladder. Hear me out... First we get all the GT's of all interested. Put them in a hat and draw them randomly for our starting ladder order.. If you want to move up the Ladder you can challenge the guy above you in the rankings, Only one spot above you though.. You have 1 week to accept the challenge if you are challenged and after that 2 weeks to go through with it. If you have accepted the challenge and fail to have a match, you forfit your spot... Matches will be 1 on 1 dog fights, first to get 5 game varified SHOOT DOWNS wins... Winner advances spots up the Ladder.. You can concede your spot, but who would do that? There will need to be a third pilot in the game to varify games kills and scores... sort of a spectator

Soviet Ace
07-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Wouldn't it be easier, if you just made it simple? Like so: Have all the contenders GT's in a hat (or whatever) and then pull them out in pairs. The first pair to be picked, will go first, the second pair picked, goes second, and so on and so forth. When each pair's turn comes, and whoever the victor is, they move up in the standings. (Kinda like the World Cup standings.) Victor 1 of the first match, plays victor 2, and Victor 3 plays Victor 4. (Depending on how many people you've got and it's equal.) Then when you have the final two players, you'll have them play one single round, whoever comes out on top is the Top Ace of the 360 Skies in BoP.

Just do what the World Cup does... it's a lot less complicated and easier to follow. The losers of the matches, will in the next match, act as advisor. But I'm sure that people won't be cheating, because it'll have to just go to someone acting as advisor, while the two battle it out again. And whoever wins the match (Kinda like a redo or OT) is considered the victor all together... no matter who claims to have won the first match in the first place, the winner of the second is it.

Balderz002
07-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Or how about a league in the style of football? rather than have a 'first to 5 wins' how about who can shoot down the most in 5 mins? 3 points to a win, 1 for a draw, none for a loss. This way you can include goal difference (number of kills and deaths).

You could have a home and away match against each oppo. as in, whoever is the home team, chooses the map and aircraft type (to keep it fairier, you both fly the same).

Done.

1.JaVA_LGorrit
07-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I like Balderz002 his idea.
8 players or 16 players.
Everybody plays twice against an opponent (1 home match, 1 out match).
in case of 8 total players, you play 14 matches per player (2 byes).

5 minute matches are too short though!
Me and DRVN1 can turn for five minutes without hitting each other :-P
I think we should do at least 10 minute matches.

I would not mind administrating the competition.

Let me know.

draux
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
My only suggestion would be to do separate ladders for realistic and sim. The only other time someone tried this, it was sim only and it left out a bunch of players.

Balderz002
07-14-2010, 06:27 PM
My only suggestion would be to do separate ladders for realistic and sim. The only other time someone tried this, it was sim only and it left out a bunch of players.

Could have different leagues, like a Premier League for sim, The Championship for real, and sunday league pub team amateurs for arcade! lol I jest on the last league!

markyboyacebassist
07-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Could have different leagues, like a Premier League for sim, The Championship for real, and sunday league pub team amateurs for arcade! lol I jest on the last league!

Premier leage for sim? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Drvn1
07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
All good ideas.. However the format I came up with will have a list and be on going.. Not a winner so to say just a top dawg that can be challenged by the #2 ranked guy. The longer it goes on the more accurate the list will become as far as where everyone stands ability wise;)

I plan this to be a permanent on going challenge format as people get better.. Not really looking to have a one time tourney just something for us all to strive for as we play.. Our own little Ladder to climb so to say...

We can have different lists for different difficulties.... Top ACE, ACE and Jr ACE :)