PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Break When I Land?

UnluckyForSome
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I use custom controls
I'm holding down L2 which is the button for throttle down
It stays at 0% but it isn't breaking! I just roll to a stop (but there's never enough room for that)
is there a separate button? what do I do?

Soviet Ace
07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Are you flying on 360 and with a stick or with an actual 360 game pad?

Lost Apiarist
07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
I am re-doing everything in sim and on the Inspect Airfield mission, I land fine and am breaking and at the right when my speed gets almost down to Zero it flips over on its nose, I haven't noticed this before. Is it something to do with the spit or do I need to stop breaking right before I reach zero speed. I don't understand why it would flip up on its nose at such a low speed applying brake.

JOED70
07-12-2010, 12:51 AM
give its some rudder around 25 mph that will keep nose from planting let up on brake and kick rudder works best. Dam spit is bad for that .

Drvn1
07-12-2010, 02:10 AM
What is the brake button on the X box Game pad? I have always just rolled to a stop.. I have found that appling up aileron (pulling back) helps to slow the plane faster...

Soviet Ace
07-12-2010, 02:16 AM
What is the brake button on the X box Game pad? I have always just rolled to a stop.. I have found that appling up aileron (pulling back) helps to slow the plane faster...

Use the toggle you use to control your throttle. When you're firmly on the ground, just pull the toggle all the way back until you come to a stop. That's the breaks.

Shadowcorp
07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
when you on the deck
fire off your guns that will help to brake, only work with forward firing aircraft

UnluckyForSome
07-13-2010, 11:26 AM
this is another bug with the custom controls

pulling back on the throttle stick is the equivelent of holding L2 in my custom contols, however you do not get the same braking effect when on the ground

This, coupled with the "select to continue" custom control bug is what has finally stopped me using custom controls

All custom pad controls are flawed.

bobbysocks
07-15-2010, 06:07 AM
try slowing down as much as you can on final....and when you are slow pull the stick completely back and then fire your guns. if you fire too soon... you will nose over in a few of the models