PDA

View Full Version : How do I "continue" a mission at the end?

UnluckyForSome
07-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey, at the end of most missions you get a countdown from 15 seconds with a flashing select button and writing saying "continue mission?"

No matter how many times i press select nothing happens and it just ends, I want to fly back to base etc! What's with it?

Oh and also how do you brake on the runway? :)

Cheers

Jim di Griz
07-11-2010, 07:38 PM
So you press 'select' within the fifteen seconds? It should set you an additional secondary target, being the home airfield. Sometimes you can land on it, other times like with the Italian campaign, you can't...for obvious reasons.

I think the function is really there so you can muck about and have some extra fun with taking down the remaining enemy aircraft or hitting the last ground targets - they're just optional, but the real secondary objective is to reach base intact. You'll see a 1/1 or 2/2 appearing beside secondary objectives amongst the mission stats at the end.

Oh, get shot down after the mission is completed, and it's no more respawning.

Braking after landing is just cutting all power to the engine, it does it's own braking. You can still drive along the ground with engine power kept below 8% or so - much higher and you might well take oiff again!

Hopefully some of the others will be along soon to offer more insight into this.

UnluckyForSome
07-11-2010, 09:13 PM
So you press 'select' within the fifteen seconds? It should set you an additional secondary target, being the home airfield. Sometimes you can land on it, other times like with the Italian campaign, you can't...for obvious reasons.

I think the function is really there so you can muck about and have some extra fun with taking down the remaining enemy aircraft or hitting the last ground targets - they're just optional, but the real secondary objective is to reach base intact. You'll see a 1/1 or 2/2 appearing beside secondary objectives amongst the mission stats at the end.

Oh, get shot down after the mission is completed, and it's no more respawning.

Braking after landing is just cutting all power to the engine, it does it's own braking. You can still drive along the ground with engine power kept below 8% or so - much higher and you might well take oiff again!

Hopefully some of the others will be along soon to offer more insight into this.

Hmm, I use custom pad controls, so maybe it isn't select that I should be pushing...

Robotic Pope
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13106

Looks like another bug that came along with the ps3 patch. I guess you just have to go back to default controls to be able to continue the missions.