PDA

View Full Version : Good flying

Drvn1
07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey guys.. That was some good flying yesterday. I'm glad I got to fly with you all.. I have a lot of practice ahead of me that is for sure.. On realistic I do good due to there being an automatic enemy lock looker thing.. However on simulation I had zero chance.. My TV ( 62" Rear projection TV) doeasn't allow me to spot anyone in any kind of clouded or over water area, I have sever white out and visibility issues.. The good news is though that I moved the X box to a normal TV and my visibilty is better now.. I played last night VS the comp and I have near twice the visibility on a TV that is half the size... Next time we fly maybe I'll be able to mix it up better and not be on the wrong side of the map all the time looking for people LOL..

Anyway, no more excuses out of me from now on, just strait flying and trying :).. hope to see you guys on again!

Rambo Rich 360
07-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah, simulator is a bit more challenging that is for sure.

I have a 55" HD Rear Projection TV and everything looks good. Is your RP a HD model?

Robotic Pope
07-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Good flying tonight too Drvn. For someone who has only had the game for a few days, you are doing very well on sim; especialy seeing as you are playing with guys that have been playing sim mode since the game release. You are already better than the absent Bucketmanroc :P

Its not easy using the joypad on sim either, I use the pad too and I guess Ive just got used to having to press in the stick to look around. The biggest handicap I find -that there is no way round- is you can't ajust your throttle or rudder while looking around. Throttle is most anoying, its like having to stare at the gear lever each time you change gear in your car. You have to take your eyes off your target and then reaquire it. Big plus point though is you have the brakes for landing in cta games (brakes on the joysticks is broken).

Jim di Griz
07-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey Drvn - there is an option to adjust the brightness of the game. I'm not sure how much that would affect the rest given the setup you are using. I'm also assuming the brightness adjustment is there for the 360 like it is for the PS3...

Anyway, I only mention it as you are new to the game ad might not have stumbled across that particular funtion.

Good flying indeed.

Drvn1
07-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I am aware of the brightness feature and the brighter it is the worse it is.. My Rear projection is not HD. It is quite old actually lol...

Rambo Rich 360
07-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the HD is going to make a big difference in this game. It actually makes all the difference.

hurricane
07-10-2010, 04:19 PM
once your done learning the basics and getting a decent setup ask popey to teach you some of the finer points like the proper lead angle for shooting at that elusive shadow plane that seems to come from nowhere.;)

Robotic Pope
07-11-2010, 01:03 AM
once your done learning the basics and getting a decent setup ask popey to teach you some of the finer points like the proper lead angle for shooting at that elusive shadow plane that seems to come from nowhere.;)

Yup, but next time I will make sure my shadow is casted over the wing of your hurricane instead of the ground. ;) Text book out of the sun attack!

Drvn1
07-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Yeah Pope likes the boom and zoom :)...