PDA

View Full Version : Plane Tactics

kjwright
07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
lately ive been playing online with you guys and I was wondering if i could get some tips> lately ive been Flyign the P-51( already got sensitivity right on controls), The FW-190 im still trying to develop tactics for it and how to fly it. I unlocked the Fw-190D9 and it doesnt seem to turn as nice as the A5 variants. Also im starting to take a liking the BF-109F-4 like the fighter ace Gunther Rall I prefer the Mg's and the nose cannon only and it seems to turn better then the E-3 and the G models.
Show me the way of the force ladies and germs...

Soviet Ace
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Besides some speed, the FW's advantage, is the ability to get into turns quick and roll. That's what I've learned anyway, in the BoP models. As for the 109s. F4 (In games and reality) is probably my favorite 109 of all time, with the F2 coming in a close second. It's got the speed, but doesn't have all the heavy armor and guns like the later Gs did.

As for tactics on the 109s. You can BnZ since that was their major thing. You can roll fairly well with the F4 and turn pretty good too. I don't usually fly them myself, but when I like to take a spin in a 109 (Ironically marked with the Blue Israeli Star of David (in '46, not BoP) I usually battle at high altitudes where I can turn and stuff better than at lower altitudes.

winny
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
I dunno about the FW, for an aircraft of that reputation it always leaves me feeling vunerable to everything..

I love the 109-F4.. I think it's the IX of the 109's.. Everything after it was a compromise. I think I'm right in saying (if I'm not I'm sure someone will say so) the F4 is lighter and faster than the G's

I only started messing around with it because I read recently that a lot of luftwaffe pilots refer to the F4 as their favourite mark.

EDIT: I posted this at the same time as Soviet Ace otherwise I'd obviously have said "a lot of luftwaffe pilots AND Soviet Ace refer to the...

Soviet Ace
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
I dunno about the FW, for an aircraft of that reputation it always leaves me feeling vunerable to everything..

I love the 109-F4.. I think it's the IX of the 109's.. Everything after it was a compromise. I think I'm right in saying (if I'm not I'm sure someone will say so) the F4 is lighter and faster than the G's

I only started messing around with it because I read recently that a lot of luftwaffe pilots refer to the F4 as their favourite mark.

EDIT: I posted this at the same time as Soviet Ace otherwise I'd obviously have said "a lot of luftwaffe pilots AND Soviet Ace refer to the...

lol I only refer to it because Rall and others did. And then I got '46 and was blown away with how well it handled compared to the Gs. I mean, the G6-10+ were just ridiculously heavy. The F's were really the last best German 109s made.