PDA

View Full Version : KB Crossworlds: Some questions...

Metroplex
07-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I want to ask:

Will KB Crossworlds be available as a physical DVD? I am no fan of Steam or other online content delivery site as I don't have an unlimited download quota like they do in America. (I live in Australia)

Will it be widely available to buy, KB:AP was rare to get hold of as a physical copy.

Will the game have a restrictive and idiotic 3-online activations limit like the last KB:AP had?:evil:

Is the new game an essential retread of the KB:AP story with additional quests, or does it remain unchanged but with the extra content separate like an add-on? (think Dragon Age: Darkspawn Chronicles)

Will there be a KB 3 or is this the end? A parting gift, no more KB games...:(

Will the addition of a full editor stop you from buying further KB games (if any) since you can make your own? I know I won't be using this editor at all nor play any mods as I feel only the original devs knows how to make a great game.

Will it come at the same time as the Russian version?

That is all, for now...:)

clinek
07-03-2010, 06:53 PM
sorry bud, no questions will be answered like that until nike-it answers them. He said he will have all the information soon enough. I, among others, have no idea when the hell soon enough is but we have to have some patience. Im sure that doesnt help but yea

megakill
08-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Will KB Crossworlds be available as a physical DVD? I am no fan of Steam or other online content delivery site as I don't have an unlimited download quota like they do in America. (I live in Australia)

Not sure about Australia for the moment, but we are working on that.

Will it be widely available to buy, KB:AP was rare to get hold of as a physical copy.

THis will really depend on the territory.

Will the game have a restrictive and idiotic 3-online activations limit like the last KB:AP had?:evil:

I do not have information on that yet.

Is the new game an essential retread of the KB:AP story with additional quests, or does it remain unchanged but with the extra content separate like an add-on? (think Dragon Age: Darkspawn Chronicles)

Both - play AP with lot's of new stuff or play brand new campaigns. Plus FULL game editor to play with!

Next game by Katauri will be announced sometime between now and November :-)

Will the addition of a full editor stop you from buying further KB games (if any) since you can make your own? I know I won't be using this editor at all nor play any mods as I feel only the original devs knows how to make a great game.

Yes it will come at the same time, Sept 17th.

heron1
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Dearest Nike-it,

Could we get a better description to what the editor can or cannot do?
The website vaguely explain it's capabilities.
Is it really SDK or just some simple editor to modify stats? Could we make new maps or important 3d meshes?

Zhuangzi
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Not sure about Australia for the moment, but we are working on that.

THis will really depend on the territory.

I do not have information on that yet.

Both - play AP with lot's of new stuff or play brand new campaigns. Plus FULL game editor to play with!

Next game by Katauri will be announced sometime between now and November :-)

Yes it will come at the same time, Sept 17th.

Space Rangers 3 please! :cool:

Oh, and if they can get Crossworlds up on Gamersgate by the end of September I will be very happy. I have two weeks of holidays at that time of year. Every year for the last three years now I have played the new KB game solidly for a couple of months. I presume Crossworlds will be the last installment?

Mivo
08-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Oh, and if they can get Crossworlds up on Gamersgate by the end of September I will be very happy. I have two weeks of holidays at that time of year.

I'd like that, too. :) I've started to most of my games at GamersGate, since they don't require additional software (like Steam does), and I've grown tired of having to import English versions of my games (most of the retailers here in Germany only carry the localized versions).

HappyDwarf
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I'd like that, too. :) I've started to most of my games at GamersGate, since they don't require additional software (like Steam does), and I've grown tired of having to import English versions of my games (most of the retailers here in Germany only carry the localized versions).

Me too. Digital Downloads all the way. I live in Spain (but not Spanish) and I don't like localized versions, I buy DD or from Play.com, otherwise...

Mivo
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Me too. Digital Downloads all the way. I live in Spain (but not Spanish) and I don't like localized versions, I buy DD or from Play.com, otherwise...

It's ironic, though. I used to be fairly critical about digital distribution, arguing that I might as well pirate games if I have to download them, but at some point I realised that all those boxes of about 25 years of gaming and buying games just take up space. A friend of mine coined the expression, "Collections own you." I also lost some CDs to cats and kids, and I didn't have any backups due to copy protected media.

Plus, the nice cardboard boxes, thick manuals and gimmicks are a thing of the past. Those 15-pages leaflets and generic DVD boxes lack any kind of charm, which also contributed to my change of mind about digital distribution. That, and my non-mainstream taste in games. Half the stuff 1C publishes doesn't make it to my store, but are games that I potentially quite enjoy.

The only downside is that I'm prone to impulsively buying (more) digital copies of games because I know I'll be playing them on the same day. :) But then again, that's countered by the fact that the download portals often offer discounts or have great sales. (Men of War is currently less than 3 Euro at GG, so of course I have to buy that!)

Zhuangzi
08-20-2010, 11:04 PM
No price yet, but Sep 17 looks to be the release date as previously noted.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KBCW/kings-bounty-crossworlds