PDA

View Full Version : Darn Head On's

kjwright
07-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Okey so im getting irritated with the campaign. Im flying realistic and am continuously being brought down on head on attacks. Ill try and climb but wont be high enough. or Ill drop down and some how manage to have 5 fighters behind me like male dogs on a B**** in heat, then relying on wing man to clear my ^. can someone educate me on how to over come being hamburger meet from some German/Italiano cabana boy rippin me to pieces.( Not races just trying to be funny)

PantherAttack2
07-02-2010, 01:11 PM
First, what plane are you flying?

Second, I think trying to gain altitude is your best bet. Just don't start climbing when you see the enemy, start climbing before hand so you will have the advantage.

If there is no other way, you might be able to dodge the attacks by doing multiple barrel rolls when they are attacking you head on.

Other than that, I don't know. I personally think dropping down would be a bad idea, unless you have a great advantage in speed.

kjwright
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
First, what plane are you flying?

Second, I think trying to gain altitude is your best bet. Just don't start climbing when you see the enemy, start climbing before hand so you will have the advantage.

If there is no other way, you might be able to dodge the attacks by doing multiple barrel rolls when they are attacking you head on.

Other than that, I don't know. I personally think dropping down would be a bad idea, unless you have a great advantage in speed.

Its the first P-51B mission. After you destroy the 3 destroyers a flight of Bf-109-G2 arrive. I always seem to be caught at to low of altitude. Eventually another second flight shows up. Im doing this on Realistic mind you without any respawns. And yea tried a barrel roll it does not work.

bobbysocks
07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
the only one i can remember that i had head on problems...i ended up doing what panther said. got as much altitude between me and them as possible. when they were close enough to come up to meet me i dove. so i had height advantage then speed. climb back up immediately because IIRC there are several flights that will come after.

Drvn1
07-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Watch this video.. It should help.. SBD Dauntless VS 3 Zero's head on.. He repeatedly pulls off a move to avoid a head on... See if it works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnDjwXnj3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk94v5kZ_pQ

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
07-03-2010, 04:10 PM
They really beefed up the attacking AI in one of the last patches. Which is good because before it was a bit too easy. You are going to get shot up in head-on's now so they aren't worth the risk.

SEE
07-04-2010, 02:17 AM
The third and fourth parts are amazing. Recounting how 17 Zero's were scrambled to bring down a lone B17 conducting a dangerous recce mission. The pilot describes the 45 minute onslaught and managing to get back. Unfortunately, not all of his crew were so lucky - shades of the 'Dirty Dozen' but you have to watch it to understand that.

kjwright
07-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Ive finally gotten my first 10 online kills, and do to some nice tips from online folk ive learn about adjusting the sensitivity of the controls. helped alot. I can now turn in burn with out spinning at all and still can handle maneuvers.