PDA

View Full Version : Splinter of Darkness

whiteshark243
07-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi there,

I desperately need splinter of darkness for my DK. It seems that there is no way to get this item except from Moron the DK. Could you please explain to me how to get Power of Darkness to 0%? Yes, I know I have to kill demon and undead. The question is: if I kill Orcs or Dwarfs, does the power of darkness get lower? Or if I have to encounter a troop, which consists of both undead and human, or demon and elfs, which will happen? The power of darkness gets lower doesn't it?

Another question: is there any other way to resurrect the undead without using evlin?

I am playing an impossible no-loss warrior and intend to win the game with one stack of Dark Knight. I think splinter of darkness and elvin are a must to complete my plan =) Does anyone share me some experience please?:)

Thank you so much.

karabaja
07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
:) just admit - you've read somewhere on forum how someone has done no loss impossible game using black knights and now you think you can do it too, even though you don't know some elemental things about the game?

i love these "instant guru" wannabes :)

a friendly advice: play couple games for fun and during that time try to learn about game mechanics, units, enemies, their abilities & spells. once you learn (among other elemental things) answers to your (noobish ;)) questions, then you're ready to do impossible no loss game.

cheers

DGDobrev
07-02-2010, 10:54 AM
That was a bit harsh, karabaja. Going around calling someone NOOB and so on shows a severe lack of respect. It's way better to show him he doesn't know anything about the game, them he'll ask for help himself.

Still, I must admit that the opening post does show certain lack of competence.

It's best to read in advance (info thread, manuals, strategies, "how to do" posts and so on) and then go for something specific such as a target goal. For example, if you don't have the black helmet in your game, your splinter of darkness is as worthless as a stack of 50 peasants. If you kite directly to Elon, buy the helmet in advance, get Moro, do simple quests and start the game, you'll lose 2 game days at most. So far so good. But if you kill stacks just like that, unless the enemy army composition is favorable, it will take quite a while to achieve your goal (in essence, get the splinter along with the helmet).

Doing the Black Knight tactic is cool, but it does require a lot of knowledge about the game.

whiteshark243
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
@karabaja: the truth is I completed my last game in hard mode with one stack of BK but only when I finished about half of the game. Now with my impossible warrior, day 15 so far, I have more than 100 no-loss battle. Please don't think that I am showing off. Just want you to know that I am not a so-called "noob". Ok?
This if my very first post in this forum. As someone says:"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool rather than opening your mouth and proof it". This "proverb" obsesses me so much that I do not dare post anything but only watch the forum silently. Admittedly, your post is really a hurt to me.

@DGD: I am already on day 15, with hunter, elfs, bowman and the two red and black dragons with Trigger as companion. Well, I read quite a lot posts in this forum but could not find any discussing especially about this unit. Now I have evlin spell as well as the Black Helmet, also finish Mesmer's task. In order to get the splinter of darkness, I have to kill lots of demon and undead. But the enemy in Shettera and Nameless land are almost invincible. That's why I want to know whether the power of darkness gets lower if I kill orcs or dwarfs or not. Yes, I should exprience myself but I think I can get some useful information using BK if asking someone in the forum. For example, I have accidently read one post saying that teleport spell helps you not to lose a turn using elvin.

P/s: I am not kind of people seeing something interesting and trying to mimic with a shallow head. Thank you.

kcwong
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
To answer the OP:

To get the splinter, you need to kill undead/demon with Moro Dark, while using no undead/demon on your side. Each battle with decrease his dark power by a few percent, and when it reaches zero, talk to Moro Dark.

I found that you need to save the whole nameless island and demon island, plus a bit more undead stacks in earlier islands (e.g. those ghost ships and haunted castles) to unlock the splinter. If you haven't then you may find yourself a few percent short.

The Black Helmet gives a HUGE boost to no. of BKs you can command, so it's very important.

For healing undead, you can use Time back as well.

whiteshark243
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank you kcwong =) Luckily, the ship wreck in Rusty Anchor island sells the Black Helmet with 27k gold. I know I can't have the undead set (+2 morale to undead) without this helmet :D So, from you said I can infer that killing orcs, dwarven, lizardmen or neutral creatures does not lower or raise the power of darkness. And thanks for sharing the tips :D

Metathron
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
For example, if you don't have the black helmet in your game, your splinter of darkness is as worthless as a stack of 50 peasants.

You're kidding, right? http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/896/eek7q.gif

karabaja
07-03-2010, 07:12 AM
That was a bit harsh, karabaja. Going around calling someone NOOB and so on shows a severe lack of respect. It's way better to show him he doesn't know anything about the game, them he'll ask for help himself.
ok, i agree i sounded a bit harsh. i never meant to insult him, just make him realize that his goal and his knowledge about the game are in total disproportion.

@karabaja: the truth is I completed my last game in hard mode with one stack of BK but only when I finished about half of the game. Now with my impossible warrior, day 15 so far, I have more than 100 no-loss battle. Please don't think that I am showing off. Just want you to know that I am not a so-called "noob". Ok?
well, for someone who has already finished the game, you should know at least that with timeback spell you can resurrect any unit, except his (or her?) majesty - BD, of course ;)
This if my very first post in this forum. As someone says:"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool rather than opening your mouth and proof it". This "proverb" obsesses me so much that I do not dare post anything but only watch the forum silently. Admittedly, your post is really a hurt to me.
i am sorry if you're hurt, like i said before, that wasn't my intention. tell me, what would you say to someone who comes to you and say: "i wanna win f1 world championship, but i don't know what apex, downforce or understeer is, can you explain it to me, please?" i think you wouldn't take him too seriously at least.
P/s: I am not kind of people seeing something interesting and trying to mimic with a shallow head. Thank you.
i'm sorry again, but you sounded just like that ;)

cheers and nhf

whiteshark243
07-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Well, finally I got the Splinter of Darkness. Ok, I admit that if I exprience the game myself, maybe I can find the answer to my own question, not necessary to open a "noobish" thread like this one. I do not intend to post anything to make a war but your words really make me wonder.

1. So, all the gamers who finished this game 1 or more times HAVE TO know that "timeback spell can resurrect any unit", right? You say as if all of us must be an expert in KB as you are and only have the right to ask such enormous question like:"How to win KBAP in 1 day?" King's Bounty has various aspects and I think it's acceptable to ask such question. Going around this forum, I can see some questions that seem "noobish" as you said but all gamers help each other and also share interesting tips related to those "noobish" questions. That's why this forum was created my friend, not for you going around saying sth snobbish like this.

2. I don't know you and don't know your "talent" in KB. And I think you don't know what I can do in this game either. So please, don't judge someone's goal or knowledge without knowing anything about him. Even in a game or real life.

3. Your comparison is irrational. As I said before, the game has so many areas and players have a variety of ways to access. The noobish question with someone maybe make another sometimes to discover.

Thank you.

kcwong
07-04-2010, 03:12 AM
1. So, all the gamers who finished this game 1 or more times HAVE TO know that "timeback spell can resurrect any unit", right?

I never saw Timeback spell in my first two games... and I only get Armageddon with compatible gears in my third game, where I was playing a warrior.

RNG is usually outright hostile to me. T_T

whiteshark243
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
^^ poor you kcwong. In my previous game, the dwarf guy in Tekron sells turnback time spell. I also found amageddon in Shettera, Death Star in Nameless land and Resurrection in Verona :D

Well, this picture totally does not relate to topic but I find it rather interesting :D hope you guys have fun with KB as well as WC :D

karabaja
07-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I do not intend to post anything to make a war but your words really make me wonder.
i bet many simple things can make you wonder...

1. So, all the gamers who finished this game 1 or more times HAVE TO know that "timeback spell can resurrect any unit", right?
no, not all gamers, only ones interested in "impossible" challenges. that is if they wish to be taken seriously, of course.

You say as if all of us must be an expert in KB as you are and only have the right to ask such enormous question like:"How to win KBAP in 1 day?"
no, you don't need to be expert like me to ask this, rather n00b like you, because unlike you, i already know it can't be done

King's Bounty has various aspects and I think it's acceptable to ask such question.
without a doubt, but not in a context you asked it

Going around this forum, I can see some questions that seem "noobish" as you said but all gamers help each other and also share interesting tips related to those "noobish" questions.
and again, there's a big difference between asking question about something that you don't know (which is ok, this don't make your questions noobish), and putting questions you asked together in a context with a goal you attempt to achieve (this is what makes your questions noobish!).

That's why this forum was created my friend, not for you going around saying sth snobbish like this.
:shock: wow, you just blow my mind with this information... right until this moment, i've thought that this forum is created only for me so i can pop-up on it out of nowhere, put an impossible challenge in front of me (without even understanding what i'm talking about in the first place, but it should be something cool and great) and then ask everyone to tell me how to do it (because i'm too lazy or too dumb or both to figure it out myself), and do so by asking questions whose answers i should know at least if i wish to be taken seriously, and i wish it...desperately ;)
oh, silly me, how could i ever think something like that... :grin:

2. I don't know you and don't know your "talent" in KB.
that's right

And I think you don't know what I can do in this game either.
right again, but i know what you can't do, and you can't do a lot, because you don't know a lot about the game, and that is ok (no one is born with all the knowledge he needs), but you want to know and do a lot in an instant, and this is not how things work, but you'll learn it eventually.

So please, don't judge someone's goal or knowledge without knowing anything about him. Even in a game or real life.
well, to point out your knowledge about the game, ill simply quote you from your two posts:
I am playing an impossible no-loss warrior and intend to win the game with one stack of Dark Knight...

...I am already on day 15, with hunter, elfs, bowman and the two red and black dragons with Trigger as companion.
it shows your serious lack of understanding things, and this is probably happening in a real life too

3. Your comparison is irrational.
well, of course it is. it's much more difficult to beat the game with no losses using only black knights and warrior as hero than win f1 championship :D

As I said before, the game has so many areas and players have a variety of ways to access.
right again. hope you don't repeat this just to say at least something right form time to time ;)

The noobish question with someone maybe make another sometimes to discover.
:confused:

Thank you.
your welcome, cheers :)

whiteshark243
07-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh my godness. It seems that you misunderstood my plan seriously. I just think if someone says:"I will beat the game with only abc unit" means that he intends complete MOST of the game with that unit. I say "I am playing an impossible no-loss warrior and intend to win the game with one stack of Dark Knight" do not mean I use only Black Knight from Debir to Reha . Everyone knows at least we will have to reach Motero, complete Mesmer's quest to get BK, and/or kite to Elon to get Moron Dark.

"I am already on day 15, with hunter, elfs, bowman and the two red and black dragons with Trigger as companion."
With that lineup, I can get Moron Dark as well as the Splinter of Darkness and now I only use Black knight to complete the rest of the game.

If you still insist on the exact words "only use" and tell me I am a noob, I have nothing to say.

Since I got BK, everything is going to be easy. No doubt about their power :D When I complete the game I will post some pictures, not for showing off but let you know that, I am totally serious with my plan and I DO have basic knowledge to complete it.

I have shared my thought and my opinion about you in my previous posts. So, it's no use continuing any quarrel. Everyone who's watching this thread will judge himself.

A, one more thing. As I said, these are my very first posts in the forum after 2 weeks watching silently. From the beginning, you did not answer any of my questions, nor sharing any experience ( supposed that you are an expert in KB ) All I received were ironical remarks and criticized comments. I think you should not waste your time posting anything here ^^

Thank you.

DGDobrev
07-05-2010, 11:36 AM
You're kidding, right? http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/896/eek7q.gif

Well, I was, but only a little :P

The sole Black Knights stack in a no-loss game becomes even more powerful when you slap in 20% more BK's and 2 additional morale. Otherwise, they may not last all that much in the toughest fights on impossible with only +1 morale and lesser quantity, especially when they get surrounded and there is no option to put an eviln because the bosses constantly summon units that step onto the piles of corpses the that BK's create.

whiteshark243
07-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Have just finished the game. As I promised, some pictures when victory :)

Again please, I do not boast about my success. I know my achievement is nothing compare to DGD's or Lo..'s ( the guy completed the game in 7 days, no loss, impossble. Sorry I forgot his name ^^ ). Just to prove that I am not a noob and I am serious with what I say.

Especially thanks to DGD and kcwong who shared me interesting experiences and strategies.

P/s: someone please explain for me: I am quite sure that I didn't lost any single unit but finally the system informs that my casualties are 10 :-?? why?

P/s2: can I say I completed the game with one stack of BK only? :P

karabaja
07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh my godness. It seems that you misunderstood my plan seriously. I just think if someone says:"I will beat the game with only abc unit" means that he intends complete MOST of the game with that unit.
dude, do you even read what kinda nonsense you're posting around? i mean, come on... please stop embarrassing yourself further more.
I say "I am playing an impossible no-loss warrior and intend to win the game with one stack of Dark Knight" do not mean I use only Black Knight from Debir to Reha.
omg, this is simply too much, even for someone like you. do you ever say what you mean, or do we need instead your words to read your mind maybe?
Everyone knows at least we will have to reach Motero, complete Mesmer's quest to get BK, and/or kite to Elon to get Moron Dark.
no, dude, you don't need "to reach Motero and complete Mesmer's quest to get BK", you can simply buy them somewhere in a shop too, but then again, you need to be an expert like me to know that, do you? :rolleyes:

If you still insist on the exact words "only use" and tell me I am a noob, I have nothing to say.
let me ask you again: do you ever say what you mean, or do we need instead your words to read your mind maybe?

A, one more thing. As I said, these are my very first posts in the forum after 2 weeks watching silently. From the beginning, you did not answer any of my questions, nor sharing any experience ( supposed that you are an expert in KB ) All I received were ironical remarks and criticized comments. I think you should not waste your time posting anything here ^^
if you've introduced yourself like a beginner (as you are) and asked things politely i would gladly answer it to you as i always do. but nooo, you needed to be an "game master" from start, and now after you realize that you've embarrassed yourself many times, you're trying to redeem yourself by saying that all the time you've been misunderstood. this would actually be funny if it ain't tragical...

Thank you.
your welcome

p.s.
and another "diamond" from your last post:
P/s: someone please explain for me: I am quite sure that I didn't lost any single unit but finally the system informs that my casualties are 10 ? why?
omg, right now really feel sorry for you, honestly....

whiteshark243
07-05-2010, 01:21 PM
wow I didn't expect you to quote my every sentence like that. Reading those replies made me realized that bitching over something like this on interwebz is completely pointless :-j

From the beginning, I asked eveyone very politely. I think noone, except you, complained me about my attitude. I believe my thread is for the sake of the forum and I see no reason to feel embarassed about anything that I posted. Well, it seems that you will never stop until I declare my "failure" and admit that I am a noob. So, I promise this is my final post arguing with you, no matter how annoying posts you may create later.

loreangelicus
07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Have just finished the game. As I promised, some pictures when victory :)

Again please, I do not boast about my success. I know my achievement is nothing compare to DGD's or Lo..'s ( the guy completed the game in 7 days, no loss, impossble. Sorry I forgot his name ^^ ). Just to prove that I am not a noob and I am serious with what I say.

Especially thanks to DGD and kcwong who shared me interesting experiences and strategies.

P/s: someone please explain for me: I am quite sure that I didn't lost any single unit but finally the system informs that my casualties are 10 :-?? why?

P/s2: can I say I completed the game with one stack of BK only? :P

First off congratulations on completing the game on impossible; and don't sell yourself short, this is a feat in and of itself. :) I myself did not use solo BKs since I didn't have enough info to use them consistently (Marquis of Krause taught my solo BK stack a lesson by repeatedly casting Dispel on my Stone Skin).

Regarding the 10 casualties, you must have just incurred it in one battle and failed to notice it. I know, no-loss is made even harder because you really have to be vigilant and patiently check for casualties at the end of each and every battle; and at 300+ possible battles, this is easier said than done. Sure, the no-loss medal keeps track of all of your no-loss battles, but it would have been better if it also kept track of the TOTAL battles that you have fought (thus alerting you to any battles wherein you incurred a loss). I remember finishing the fight wit Baal and praying fervently that I did not miss any casualty battles, and the final score screen shows zero for casualties. :grin:

whiteshark243
07-10-2010, 01:22 AM
thank you loreangelicus :D well I figured out the problem :-s reading somewhere in the forum, I see that they usually dismiss the very first units, which were given at the beginning of the game, and complete the training battle with 5 given paladins. Omg, I don't even think that the system counts the two training battle in the no-loss medal :( after creating a new game, I can see that I have 3 bowmen, 5 swordmen and 2 bears =>10 damned casualties :(

kcwong
07-10-2010, 01:34 AM
thank you loreangelicus :D well I figured out the problem :-s reading somewhere in the forum, I see that they usually dismiss the very first units, which were given at the beginning of the game, and complete the training battle with 5 given paladins. Omg, I don't even think that the system counts the two training battle in the no-loss medal :( after creating a new game, I can see that I have 3 bowmen, 5 swordmen and 2 bears =>10 damned casualties :(

You can park your whole starting army in the castle, taking only the paladin stack to the training battles. When you return you will be given a new copy of the starting army, effectively doubling it.

dfk1
10-17-2010, 08:05 AM
mwa ha ha ha , now we know why karabaja sound and smell like the vuvuzela trumpet

cathexia
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
haha i just read this whole thread, and what i read made stirred my emotions so much that i registered just to give my thoughts.

I wonder- what is the deal with karabaja? why is he/she so angry? At first he/she was so uncharitable, but then took it even further and kept trolling all whitesharks posts despite whiteshark not arguing back.

whiteshark, you are awesome, you held yourself with such respect and maturity despite all the absolute rubbish karabaja kept spewing. Also congrats on winning on impossible.