PDA

View Full Version : NEW PILOT on the PS3

kjwright
07-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey everyone, im new to the forum. and fairly new to BOP. lately ive just been doing the campaign mode. Started on the very-non realistic arcade mode and have moved up to realistic, im hoping to get good enough to play SIM. I wanted to play online but everytime i go on there seems to be a lack of people playing so idk. Hit me gamer tag is silntdeath207 or just pm me or something. Hopefully i can get in on some action.

Davedog74
07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
allo,youll get a few on realistic of an evening,theres a p51 purist club,who play sim,maybe put your name down on that thread and they will get you games.
loads of good chaps on the forum,any questions ,just ask.
dont forget to bail out when going down in smoke,this will award kill ,instead of a crash

kjwright
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM
well im on the pacific std time in the USA, so i guess im going to have to find out when everyone is on. I still have to unlock all aircraft. Do you have any advice for new pilots?

Davedog74
07-01-2010, 11:04 AM
theres loads of threads with good advice,theres a few good u.s and canadian guys on,and weary eyed europeans .
dont fly nice,short burts on the guns,play about with sensitivity(all planes are different)too high and you will stall and spin
like i say,good guys on this game,say your new and they will assist you,
for practice,do a training mission against a few 109 g6s on veteran,

olife
07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey everyone, im new to the forum. and fairly new to BOP. lately ive just been doing the campaign mode. Started on the very-non realistic arcade mode and have moved up to realistic, im hoping to get good enough to play SIM. I wanted to play online but everytime i go on there seems to be a lack of people playing so idk. Hit me gamer tag is silntdeath207 or just pm me or something. Hopefully i can get in on some action.

welcome in il2 game and forum

psn: Olife-

kjwright
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Just got my first kill. Was pure luck I suppose. Had just bought the new add on for the P-47( Wish they had the P-38 too) and thought id give it a shot. Handled nice shot down another P-47 then got raped by the spitfire mkIX those cannons. I did manage on my first game though to present my wing man a nice oppurtunity. Was getting hounded by two 109-G's and did a maneuver my dad told me. just simply pull nose straight up and climb and let plane fall into a stall. My wingman was able to blow both out of the sky.

Gilly
07-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the skies of BoP!
As Dave says there's a healthy group of dedicated flyers who (from a European standpoint) are on most evenings. Great bunch of guys who will help you ( or just as easily kill you) if you ask. Best advice- stick with it. You're going to get chewed up and spat out for your first few games but persistance will pay dividends and you'll be soon tearing wings off and flaming planes like the best of them. Get to know the guys who frequent the forum and who also fly and you're not going to go wrong when it comes to having 'backup' when it's needed!
Most important of all- enjoy it! It is after all just a game!!

kjwright
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the skies of BoP!
As Dave says there's a healthy group of dedicated flyers who (from a European standpoint) are on most evenings. Great bunch of guys who will help you ( or just as easily kill you) if you ask. Best advice- stick with it. You're going to get chewed up and spat out for your first few games but persistance will pay dividends and you'll be soon tearing wings off and flaming planes like the best of them. Get to know the guys who frequent the forum and who also fly and you're not going to go wrong when it comes to having 'backup' when it's needed!
Most important of all- enjoy it! It is after all just a game!!

yea ive noticed that alot of it is flight skill. Ive been having issues with stalling. And because of that sometimes ill take a turn to slowly and get blown to little tiny bits.

Mage_016
07-01-2010, 01:52 PM
yea ive noticed that alot of it is flight skill. Ive been having issues with stalling. And because of that sometimes ill take a turn to slowly and get blown to little tiny bits.

If you have prob's with stall's and you're flying with full sensitivity read up that mustang purist club thread. There's the instruction for setting custom control's. There is a little bug with standar and aviator settings. You can read more about that in that mustang topic too.

Welcome!

McQ59
07-01-2010, 04:50 PM

You're very wellcome mate, to a great game with a load of great guys that play pilots & aces!

My only advice is that you stick with it even when you feel battered, humiliated, chewed on and gutted to your bones. It's all about training, training and training on the manouvres, moves and shooting.
And well... I have an other one too... Read this forum well. Theres a load of information in here that will serve you well. Search and you will find.

Just a little of my own opinion; Realistic is harder to fly than sim. To spot enemies is harder in sim.

Anyway... Attitude is the key to a great experience.

Happy hunting bud!

trk29
07-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Welcome the forum.

scottyvt4
07-04-2010, 07:10 PM
welcome to the forum .............

my PSN is my user name on here feel free to add, play realistic, look forward to fly with you soon :)