PDA

View Full Version : New pilots report here...

Pages : [1] 2 3

bobbysocks
06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the 1C BoP forum. You will find a wealth of information and advice to the best game ever made about air combat via consoles. Everything you encounter...someone here has had troubles with, so before you post a question on the issue...do a search of the forum. Trust me, most likely the answer is there. But do take the time and introduce yourself here. Post who you are...what system you play ( PS or Xbox), the time zone you are in, maybe a little about yourself/experience flying/fun fact....you are going to find a bunch of great guys/gals ( from top aces to peeps in the nest) who will help you make BoP ( Birds of Prey) a complete addiction. So, again, welcome to the best and most fun flying community. Anybody else have anything to add?? What do you want to know about the new recruit?

Drvn1
06-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I have made a previous post but figured I would post again... I play the game on the X box 360 and hope to meet with you guys in the air very soon.. Eastern time zone.. My love for planes comes from my dad.. i remember him drawing me a picture of one when I was a very small kid.. He worked on P3's for 40 years at NAS Jax and will be missed greatly...

My favorite plane in RL is the P 47 Razorback.. Favorite plane in the game is yet to be decided but I have scored nicely on a friends PS3 with a lowley hurricane... I seem to have a hard time with the spitties though while in that thing lol... Havent figured out how to get the upper hand against a spitfire and it seems like everyone uses them now days...

kjwright
07-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Okey so im a new pilot to the PS3 Birds of Prey game. I havent figured out yet how to get to the online play. Ive beaten arcade mode and have been trying to develop my skills on realistic before i go for sim. Found my love for WWII aircraft from my dad and uncle. Both were in the USAF and use to compete on model building. Some of the models can be seen at March Air Force Base air museum. Favorite aircraft was the P-38 "Forked Tailed Devil" Lightning. shame there arnt more in the game..

bobbysocks
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
welcome guys.... we will see you in the air.

Cryptic Phant0m
07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I play on the Xbox 360 and I am in the Eastern Time Zone, I play during the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM.

I work 3rd shift so the day time hours works for me the best.
I have never actually flown a plane or taken a ride in a single engine plane.
I have logged over 400hrs in X-Plane. (Very different from dog fighting!)

bobbysocks
07-02-2010, 12:50 AM
welcome to the forum cryptic

Lost Apiarist
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the new pilots. I think it would be a good idea to sticky something like this so new pilots have a place to introduce themselves and to find the gamertags of fellow pilots. Seems we have a lot of new pilots that can't find new games and need to network.

Edit: Lost Apiarist
Pacific time zone
Realistic or Simulation.

Soviet Ace
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Soviet Ace, reporting for flight combat in the 72nd SAP, sir! :P

I've got 1200+ hours in an I-16, 1-15, and I-153. I will defend the Motherland to my last fighting breath. Even if that means ramming the enemy's plane with my own! :cool:

trk29
07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Very good idea on the thread Bobbysocks.

psn:trk29 I play on ps3

Jim di Griz
07-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Good day to you all; Jim di Griz, the Stainless Steel Rat here ;)

A relatively new flyer in the virtual skies of anachronous encounters, I fly a PS3 during the daytime (Grenwich Mean Time) mostly, under the PSN ID of MeanElf.

I've yet to complete the game to my satisfaction, though all campaigns and missions are done, except the irritation of 'Downtown Berlin', which I just can't seem to nail. I'm sure I will one day though. I'm also starting in on the campaigns again at Realistic and Simulator levels too - which is proving somewhat interesting.

I do have the weakness of vanishing off once in every while to play other games. I've thoroughly enjoyed my flying time so far though, both in campaign mode and online, so those of you who fly during the daylight hours, expect to see me back soon.

Have fun folks!

Lost Apiarist
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Lost Apiarist

Play Pacific time zone, afternoons and evenings. Varies depending on wife aggro ;)

Mr J Muggins
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Hello, I have an xbox 360 and play on Greenwich Mean Time, day or night depending on what i'm doing. I prefer paying CTA and Strike games flying heavier aircraft, my favourite being the Blenheim. I don't mind the odd dog fight though.

My favourite aircraft of WW2 would have to be the Mosquito.

JokerOfAces
07-13-2010, 03:57 AM
JokerOfAces. South.

1.JaVA_LGorrit
07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
You can add me on XBOX LIVE if you want a match.
GT = LGorrit

AlxKara
07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi all!

I play on PS3. But never try to play online. I hope I'll fix this soon :)

Time: from 23:00 (+3.0) till 01:00

bobbysocks
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
welcome alxkara, do get online there are a lot of great ps players here and you will have great time.

Rappin Randy
07-16-2010, 05:38 AM
hello. I will be picking this game up soon for xbox 360!

DawnKeyHoTee
07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I am an Xbox 360 player that has recently returned to home console gaming after a 20 year hiatus. I work overnights, so play mostly during the late morning to early afternoon hours Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5). I developed my love for aircraft as a youngster, and spent most of my teen years building fine scale models to re-create these facinating flying machines. I am still working on the campaign, but look forward to flying the friendly online skies soon.

See ya in the air.

Gilly
07-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi all!

I play on PS3. But never try to play online. I hope I'll fix this soon :)

I'd definately get online. As has been said, great community across all modes who'll as soon as help you as shoot you down. I've gained some really great friends from this game demonstrated by our recent Duxford meet. I have yet to find a game that has even elements of this community. Yes there is the odd village idiot but nothing that isn't overcome with a MKIV Spitfire!!!!

Cryptic Phant0m
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I am an Xbox 360 player that has recently returned to home console gaming after a 20 year hiatus. I work overnights, so play mostly during the late morning to early afternoon hours Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5). I developed my love for aircraft as a youngster, and spent most of my teen years building fine scale models to re-create these facinating flying machines. I am still working on the campaign, but look forward to flying the friendly online skies soon.

See ya in the air.

Welcome and I also work overnights so I normally play 9am - 5pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5). Whats your xbox name and I hope to see you in the skies...well falling from the skies. :twisted::lol:

bobbysocks
07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
welcom rappin randy and dawnkeyhotee. i am an xbox player as well. there is a ton of us here who play regularly. scan through the threads and you will find several about xbox players. they will let you add them as friends and you will get right in it. if you have troubles finding a game online. create one and go from there. there is a wealth of information here on tough missions and tactics...so do a search. but most of all have fun...see you in the skies.

GT Bobbysockser

chuckers74
07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi,
not a new pilot as such, joined up here last year, got the game on release and played it to death, but then MW2 came out and I forgot I had IL2, come back to it now as I just love planes, (went to RAF Waddington a couple of weeks ago and it rekindled a near extinguished flame) played IL2, CFS1 and 3 and MS flight sims 98, 2000 and 2004 on PC years ago and loved them but then the X360 came along and the PC got mothballed,

dying to get back online but unlikely to play higher than arcade due to lack of a flightstick, and can't justify that to the wife for one game lol, (unless anyone knows how to get an MS sidewinder working on Xbox :o)

GT is chuckers74 if you want to add me,

cheers,

Bulldogwva
07-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, just got il2 birds of prey today for xbox 360, I was able to go online to xbox live two times. But now it says server is down try later. But no good, still same message. Any ideas? I go way back with the flight sims, combat flight sim 1 & 2 were my favorites. My gamer id is Bulldogwva, I'm 51 yrs old and in the eastern time zone. I'm disabled and on all the time. Any squadrons out there? if so, let me know, thanks. Doug, aka Bulldogwva.

Cryptic Phant0m
07-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Hey guys, just got il2 birds of prey today for xbox 360, I was able to go online to xbox live two times. But now it says server is down try later. But no good, still same message. Any ideas? I go way back with the flight sims, combat flight sim 1 & 2 were my favorites. My gamer id is Bulldogwva, I'm 51 yrs old and in the eastern time zone. I'm disabled and on all the time. Any squadrons out there? if so, let me know, thanks. Doug, aka Bulldogwva.

players have to host a game, if no one is on...then no game.

Bulldogwva
07-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Thanks ol buddy! Send me a friend request and we can boom and zoom all night lol. Any squadrons or clans for BoP? Thanks, Doug.

Pr1v4teChurch
07-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Hi,
Played the demo for the game when it first came out and loved it but had gotten to pick it up till last month. Love it so far. Perfecting my skills on arcade and trying to work my way up to realistic to keep up with my friends. Would like to either start or join a squadron.

Thanks,
Church

bobbysocks
07-18-2010, 06:50 AM
welcome church, as far as SQs and groups....there arent many. free agency is the way it seems to be at the moment...but as far as games...you will find as much as you want. tell us what system you play...ps or xbox.....then do a search of the threads and you will find a bunch of great guys who will help you.

Pr1v4teChurch
07-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Thanks Bobby. Im on XBL. GT: Pr1v4te Church

Happy landings.

DawnKeyHoTee
07-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks Cryptic Phant0m. My GT is DawnKeyHoTee on XBOXlive, look forward to the add.

Rambo Rich 360
07-19-2010, 08:45 PM

Hi Bulldogwva - I just sent you a friends request on XBL. Next time i'm on i'll invite you in the lobby/game and you'll meet all kinds of people you can fly with, lots of fun.

Rich

miles32
07-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Was just online tonight with some of you guys. Lost my internet connection for a little bit. Anyway, I'm miles32 on the xbox. It seems to be a really great game. Just might convince me to buy a joystick.

Rambo Rich 360
07-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Hi Miles and Bulldog. Flew with both of ya tonite and it was fun. There's a group of us that are on pretty much everynite, so i'm sure we'll meet again.

I'm on whenever I can (ie wife lets me have the TV).

Supernaut
07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Sweet an active online community for a great game!
I've never managed to find a random online player so im looking forward to flying with you guys.

Has anyone tried a double decker landing? Ive managed to land on...touch delicatly a he-111 my friend was flying with my spitfire but it usually results in a wing flying off and one of us dying instantly and after an insane amount of attempts im wondering if its even possible to safely connect with another plane or if it really is possible to land with 2 planes stacked.

So who wants to ground race between airports in britian? only rule... cant leave the ground.

xbltag: panzninja

scottyvt4
07-20-2010, 09:38 PM
welcome to the forum new guy's :)

Drvn1
07-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the site guys.. send me a Friend request.. GT is DRVN1

Ace of Spades
07-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Hello everyone, I bought the game mainly for my twin boys as a way to free my PC from them as they play IL2 forgotten battles 24/7 . I myself play IL2 and First eagles 2. When I figure out Birds of Prey and get a decent joystick (game pad does not cut it) I will play my self.

TremblingBlue
07-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Hey there. I'm not new to BOP...been playing for quite a while now. Just new to the forum.
I'm an arcade player on the PS3 because I figure I'd be swiss cheese on any other difficulty ;]. You'll pretty much always find me flying a Lavochkin.

Speaking of the PS3...are there many players any more? It's much harder to find a game nowadays.

ZRob72
07-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Hey,

ZRob72 here. I just got the game last week. Haven't had much seat time yet...still learning the ropes....I look forward to some online fun....

GT: ZROB72

Time Zone: US Central

Gaming time: Usually 10pm and later (depending on wife's evacuation of the living room)

bobbysocks
07-27-2010, 04:41 AM
welcome zrob72,

what system are you on??

FOZ_1983
07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Welcome to all the new guys

ZRob72
07-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Totally forgot about that.

I'm on Xbox 360.

Soviet Ace
07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Welcome to all the new guys

Welcome to the forums FOZ, I'm sure you'll learn soon enough your Hurricane won't be able to match that of a Yak-1. :P

FOZ_1983
07-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forums FOZ, I'm sure you'll learn soon enough your Hurricane won't be able to match that of a Yak-1. :P

Why thankyou for making me feel welcome ;) but the Hurricane? who says i like the Hurricane, whatever gave you that impression :roll: :P haha.

Im sure it would stand a fairly good chance though if in capable hands.

Rambo Rich 360
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Welcome ZRob - Just sent you a friends request. Hope to see you in the skies soon!

PopsMagoo
07-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Gamertag: PopsMagoo (Everyone calls me Pops)
Console: PS3
Controller: Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X
Connection: High Speed Cable
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Flight Sim Experience: None - A true rookie in every sense of the word

I love the game even though I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing.
I'm going to do everything possible to learn and get better at it.
That's why I need this forum...bigtime.

Thanks!

Gilly
07-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Gamertag: PopsMagoo (Everyone calls me Pops)
Console: PS3
Controller: Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X
Connection: High Speed Cable
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Flight Sim Experience: None - A true rookie in every sense of the word

I love the game even though I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing.
I'm going to do everything possible to learn and get better at it.
That's why I need this forum...bigtime.

Thanks!

Welcome Pops, great PS3 community who'll as happily help you as shoot you down!! I'd recommend doing the campaign and single missions to get the majority of aircraft then it's a case of seeing which 'fits' best before taking to the multiplayer skies.

ZRob72
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Welcome ZRob - Just sent you a friends request. Hope to see you in the skies soon!

Cool.

Thanks Rambo.

KNUCKLAS
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I just found out about BoP and I am looking for people to dogfight with on Xbox. Iam in st louis MO US Central time. currently there was always a message that the server was not availible, so i used to think nobody in the world was interested in this game, I want to play! Is there any body in the central time zone (us) who can play at night or weekends?

PopsMagoo
07-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Gilly. I'm doing the campaign right now. Then I'll do the single missions. Question: Since I started the campaign and began unlocking things like new aircraft, the Hangar immediately locks up when I go to it which it didn't do before I started the campaign. It locks up to where I have to shut my PS3 off and start everything back up again. It occasionally locks up after I fail a mission as well, but it will let me pull up my menu and choose to restart the mission or quit. Any clues as to what might be causing this? It's kind of frustrating. I can't go in and see any of my new planes I've unlocked. Please help if you can.

Ratman91101
07-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Welcome Pops.Hope to c`ya in the clouds soon.I`m mainly on weekends.I`de be glad to give some set up hints.Look me up!

Gilly
07-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Gilly. I'm doing the campaign right now. Then I'll do the single missions. Question: Since I started the campaign and began unlocking things like new aircraft, the Hangar immediately locks up when I go to it which it didn't do before I started the campaign. It locks up to where I have to shut my PS3 off and start everything back up again. It occasionally locks up after I fail a mission as well, but it will let me pull up my menu and choose to restart the mission or quit. Any clues as to what might be causing this? It's kind of frustrating. I can't go in and see any of my new planes I've unlocked. Please help if you can.

To be honest that's a new one on me. I don't know if anyone else has any ideas. Only thing I could think of is are you connected to the PS Network as I'm pretty certain it does link things via the network.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Wolf Void
07-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Yup new to IL2, gamertag is Wolf Void add me if ya want.
Playing on GMT zone.
Wanna try out my skills as a pilot.
Hope to see you all soon... (if you are going to add me because of the game il2 sturmovick, please send the brief text "il2" with your FR so i know what game it's for, thanks!)

Rambo Rich 360
07-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Yup new to IL2, gamertag is Wolf Void add me if ya want.
Playing on GMT zone.
Wanna try out my skills as a pilot.
Hope to see you all soon... (if you are going to add me because of the game il2 sturmovick, please send the brief text "il2" with your FR so i know what game it's for, thanks!)

Welcome Wolf - Are you on XBox or PS3?

PopsMagoo
07-30-2010, 09:42 PM
To be honest that's a new one on me. I don't know if anyone else has any ideas. Only thing I could think of is are you connected to the PS Network as I'm pretty certain it does link things via the network.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes, I'm connected to the Playstation Network, but the lockup comes during offline play, I believe. I don't think you have to be connected to the network during the single player modes, do you? Anyway, I'm always signed in automatically to the Playstation Network when I click on my user profile so I don't think that can be an issue...and everything else works fine. I only attempted online play one time and the host quit right as I came in and it kicked me back out. Then I couldn't find another match so I left. I need to complete the campaigns and single missions before I get into online play anyway. :) Hopefully someone with a PS3 will be able to answer this or maybe the gamemakers will happen to read it.

Soviet Ace
07-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes, I'm connected to the Playstation Network, but the lockup comes during offline play, I believe. I don't think you have to be connected to the network during the single player modes, do you? Anyway, I'm always signed in automatically to the Playstation Network when I click on my user profile so I don't think that can be an issue...and everything else works fine. I only attempted online play one time and the host quit right as I came in and it kicked me back out. Then I couldn't find another match so I left. I need to complete the campaigns and single missions before I get into online play anyway. :) Hopefully someone with a PS3 will be able to answer this or maybe the gamemakers will happen to read it.

Don't be expecting any help from the Dev's, they've all been sort of silenced by the 505 Gestapo! (Mainly Anton, the lead Dev over BoP who was on and answered our questions from time to time, has been silenced and not heard of since... far as I know. :confused:)

Anyway, it sounds like your disk might be corrupted somehow? When I played, I didn't find anything like what you described; and nobody's every said anything as long as I've been here and the game's been out, that it's locked up like you said it does on your disk. So it could be a corrupt disk, your system might not be able to handle it? (Is it a Slim or Fat PS3?) It could be either one of those. And I don't know how you could test it without getting a new disk, or a new system?

winny
07-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Somebody had this problem ages ago (do a search forum for hanger) and I think it was a corrupt save file. create a new user on your ps3 and load the game up see if it freezes. If it does then it's hardware if not it's the save file. You'd need to delete it and start again.

Wolf Void
07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Welcome Wolf - Are you on XBox or PS3?

Xbox... which is why i said Gamertag and not psn.

chameleon
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Just bought Birds of Prey for the XBox 360 yesterday. Went to check the online play and could not find a single game, getting the error server not available. Did this game flop and they pulled server support already or was I just unlucky last night?

I am no ace but have experience with European Air War and some Aces High. Was hoping to get in to this, was my money wasted on a game no one plays? Does everyone here just add each other as friends and play private matches?

Robotic Pope
07-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Just bought Birds of Prey for the XBox 360 yesterday. Went to check the online play and could not find a single game, getting the error server not available. Did this game flop and they pulled server support already or was I just unlucky last night?

I am no ace but have experience with European Air War and some Aces High. Was hoping to get in to this, was my money wasted on a game no one plays? Does everyone here just add each other as friends and play private matches?

No, there are still people playing. You do need to be on at the right time though, which is from around 2200 GMT to catch the europeans and N.Americans online at the same time. Send people you find friend requests so youre more likely to get invited next time if you are online, and so you can see if your friends are in a game and then wait till its finished so you can join their new game when it is available to join. We're always looking for people to join our games.

Oh and that server unavailable message just means nobody is hosting a game that hasn't already started, just keep searching or host your own game to see if anyone else is around.

PopsMagoo
07-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks, Soviet Ace and Winny. I appreciate the help and the information. I'll try that. Hopefully it's just a corrupt save file. My PS3 works fine with all my other games. I don't have any other game issues.

chameleon
08-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Thx for the prompt responce Robotic. Will get the campaign dealt with and hopefully be online soon. What do most people play, realistic or sim?

ter4torn
08-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Is anyone still playing this on XBox? I had added at least 20 people from this forum and anyone I had met in games. There were people playing anytime I had checked my friends list. ...then my console red ringed and was off for a week. Now I look and nobody is online or is playing MW2 or Over G fighters. I usually play evenings on PDT (GMT - 7...so I guess early morning in europe). If anyone is still playing please add me: ter4torn

Drvn1
08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Yep, we stil play.. Me, robotic pope, evangeluse, and a few others are on regularly..

Wolf Void
08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Is anyone still playing this on XBox? I had added at least 20 people from this forum and anyone I had met in games. There were people playing anytime I had checked my friends list. ...then my console red ringed and was off for a week. Now I look and nobody is online or is playing MW2 or Over G fighters. I usually play evenings on PDT (GMT - 7...so I guess early morning in europe). If anyone is still playing please add me: ter4torn

Add me dude, my gt is Wolf Void and i've got all day wed & thurs off work!!!

Anglomaniac
08-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Hey guys, im an Xbox user who loves this game but has no one online to play with (Awww, im sad, lol) im from the UK and play the Xbox regularly in the evenings for a few hours, im looking for fun play at first to learn the online ropes, then serious i guess, my level of experience in single player is good. i have completed the game 3 times through on all difficulties. and am now looking to fulfil my hunger online. i am a great team player and good all round mature gamer willing to listen and communicate, i also want to finish this game for achievements, but not extremely important as i can mop them up in due time.
I see the forums here have some well mannered and respectable gamers who in return like to help people enjoy this great game even more, it would be great to hear from you here or message my gamertag which is my user name on this site (Anglomaniac).

All the best.
Anglo. :)

UKRedWing
08-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Im guessing by how every time I go online on BOP it tells me there are no game sessions this game hasn't sold well...or just that nobody plays it?

Anyways, my gamertag is UKRedWing and I do play this game a lot, but Im getting a bit bored of single player. I'd describe myself as an experienced noob if that makes sense. Been playing combat sims since the very first microsoft combat simulator but never really played any sort of online play.

Rambo Rich 360
08-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Like what was explained previously, even though you go to 'online' and it says the servers aren't available, doesn't mean there's not a ton of people playing online.

You'll only get a listing of players when they are in the lobby, preflight as it were, before the game starts. After the game starts, the lobby disappears and even though there is a game going on, if you go online at that time, it will show the message 'no servers available at this time'.

The best way to get online is to add people (from this forum) to your friends list and in that way, they can invite you in when they see you are online, and you can also see when they are online playing on your friends list (activity).

You can go ahead and add me and others gamertags that way you will be sure to get in a game. I'm on most evenings (as wife allows) in the Pacific time zone and usually play for a while.

Once you get in a game you can add other players gamertags and you'll almost always find somebody playing after you get a bunch of people on your friends list.

I have about 80-something friends in my list and 99% of 'em are BOP players. Rarely do I find that there isn't somebody playing online.

Doy-
08-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Had the game since release but never took it online but wish i had taken more interest when it was more popular. Anyway games amazing and i'd love to get more games online. Not the best yet but im over competative and push myself to be at the top. Hopefully i'll get to see some of you guys soon.

bobbysocks
08-06-2010, 07:10 AM
welcome Doy- and UKRedWing. be patient and read the threads. there are a lot of players online. on occasion the server ( xbox ) goes down. if you cant find a game...create one. but dont be upset if people come in and leave. they were in games with is host who has a good server...follow them...and you will be in. then add them to your friends....

Drvn1
08-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the site guys.. feel free to add me.. i play online just about everyday.. hope to you you guys on :)

ATAG_Doc
08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Hola everyone. Have you checked your 6 lately?

boondocksaints43
08-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Hey thanks for helping me out guys i look forward to playing with you all. I have had this game since it was released and never bothered to go any further into the online side of the game after the "servers are down" message. I can't wait to play some more

bobbysocks
08-10-2010, 05:59 AM
welcome boondocksaint43, had fun flying with you last might. hope to do more.

ATAG_Doc
08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
welcome boondocksaint43, had fun flying with you last might. hope to do more.

Hi I was JackD1965 last night. Was that you guys I was playing? Fantastic flying! I couldn't hardly find anyone in simulator mode. lol The only targets I saw were targets of opportunity.

bobbysocks
08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
sorry timej31, all my battles were in xbox realistic. are you on xbox or psn? and what time zone are you in?

ATAG_Doc
08-10-2010, 06:11 PM
sorry timej31, all my battles were in xbox realistic. are you on xbox or psn? and what time zone are you in?

Hi

Maybe I am wrong but I was on xbox playing 2 others in sim mode and then a few more joined in in the next few games. I think I saw boondocksaint43 and some one named DRVN1. I was jackdaniels1965.

bobbysocks
08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
they perhaps we did play if you did one on real. add me to your friends. GT Bobbysockser. hope to fly with you soon.

Rambo Rich 360
08-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi TimeJ31 - I believe I played a couple of games with you on sim before we went realistic. Also played with Bobbysocks a while on realistic, had some fun last nite.

I would've played longer but I had to get the new Madden 11 late last nite LOL.

Hope to cya both in the air soon!

ATAG_Doc
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
they perhaps we did play if you did one on real. add me to your friends. GT Bobbysockser. hope to fly with you soon.

Done

ATAG_Doc
08-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi TimeJ31 - I believe I played a couple of games with you on sim before we went realistic. Also played with Bobbysocks a while on realistic, had some fun last nite.

I would've played longer but I had to get the new Madden 11 late last nite LOL.

Hope to cya both in the air soon!

I just added you.

Jihad_Joe
08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I am new to BOP. Just started out a couple of months ago. I use PS3 and located in GMT-5. Those of you I have the opportunity to play with, please just have patience. Thanks.

bobbysocks
08-11-2010, 05:44 PM
welcome Jihad_Joe, i think you will find some very patient and helpful guys here on the psn. check out some of the ps3 threads and get to know them...

shallweshag5
08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Just bought this game maybe 4 days ago. Name's Mike. I've already played with a few of you guys online, can't remember exactly who though. I use xbox and my user name is my gametag. Hit me up if you wanna play, but go easy on me lol.

LyingFigure666
08-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Hey new pilot here, got the game on the xbox 360, gamer tag : J Porta. Still kinda learning though. this seem like a really cool forum.

bobbysocks
08-15-2010, 05:02 PM
welcome shallweshag5 and lyingfigure666,
there are a lot of guys here willing to teach you the ropes. expect to get your ass handed to you but that is the way you learn best. but pretty soon you will be dishing it out too. what timezone are you in??

RR_Avon
08-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not new to the game, but I'm new to this forum. Because the servers on IL2-BoP for 360 are ridiculously bad I rarely have the chance to play online and get impatient with it.
The reason I joined this site is because I want to play it more, so I'm guessing you guys play amongst yourselves.
I'm in London/Dublin GMT and play on simulation only; are there any games going?
Just to mention, I have played online, it's just hard to find a game these days.

PS: XBL Gamertag; RR Avon

HazeGrey61
08-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Im new to playing IL-2 online, and its instantly addictive. I've always been a huge fan of flight sims, and its awesome to see there is a realistic console sim. Got my love for aviation from my dad and uncle, who were both fighter pilots. Plus, I was blessed enough to work on the F-14 Tomcat for five years.

bobbysocks
08-15-2010, 06:16 PM
welcome RR Avon and Hazegrey61,

RR there are a couple guys who religiously play sim. most games are in real and there are usually plenty of them. most guys are game for any play. so check out the xbox threads and get to know the guys...

Haze, yeah it is very addicting. what system are you using and time zone are you in?

Davedog74
08-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Im new to playing IL-2 online, and its instantly addictive. I've always been a huge fan of flight sims, and its awesome to see there is a realistic console sim. Got my love for aviation from my dad and uncle, who were both fighter pilots. Plus, I was blessed enough to work on the F-14 Tomcat for five years.

allo,played a couple with yourself today,sorry cta went 4 on 2,i did land in a field twice but your team mate thought he would bag some easy kills,so i payed him some attention,good flying,see you in the skys,dont be shy ,tell us all about your dad and uncle, love to hear about it

The_Stapler
08-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi all, Conn reporting in. I'll play most difficulties and modes, but no CTA. Need to find some similarly skilled pilots. Real world flying consists of about 5 hours in a dual control Grob tutor, and lots of time in the Viking glider, which let me do a solo flight in april. Hoping to apply to the Fleet Air Arm as pilot.

GMT+0
PSN: The_Stapler

frank920
08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
hey guys the xbox live name is mibomb920 is there a reason why the server is saying its offline? how do i fix it i cant wait to play live

bobbysocks
08-24-2010, 09:00 PM
welcome to the forum frank920, it says that sometimes...especially if everyone is already in a game. just keep trying or create a game. dont be upset if they leave...simply follow them. they were probably playing with a group and want in the next game. most of the action seems to be in realistic. there is a little arcade and a little more sim. send me a friend request...gt Bobbysockser. what time zone are you in? i am est and usually on after 10 or 11 most week nights.

frank920
08-24-2010, 11:18 PM
im also ets:)

jah421
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
hello im new to the fourm ive been playing for about 2 weeks online. my gamertag is jah421
dont know to much about planes but i feel in love with the game ive been playing with some chaps almost everynight hope to add a few new people.

bobbysocks
08-26-2010, 12:04 AM
welcome jah421, think we played a few sunday or monday. add me to your list GT Bobbysockser. there are some good games in real usually 10pm to 2 am est and you can catch the boys in the uk in the afternoon. its good to see there are people still discovering BoP.

chromehead
08-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone,I'm kev 48 yes..48..!
recently purchased il2 on the xbox360,I dont know if anyone plays it online but I really hope they do and dont mind a old guy joining in?
I'm playing off line at the moment trying to get used to the game,the simulation part seems really hard,once I have a few more hours under my belt
I'll be online.

my system-xbox360 with standard controller,flying hours 7(arcade mode) gamertag-chromehead7-age 48..old

How many hours have you done in spits
7 sir
stick to me like glue!

tally ho chaps
..kev..

Rambo Rich 360
08-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Welcome Chromehead! Yes, there are still many people flying online, although, if you go to play online, you will probably find the message 'no servers available at this time'. Chances are, there are people online, but they are in a game. You will still get the message that there's nobody on, when in fact, there could be 10-20 people online playing.

The only time you'll see servers is when players are in the lobby, waiting for everybody to ready up and go back in the game.

Best way to get online is to add people (from this thread) to your friends list, that way, you'll be able to see what they're playing at the time and wait until a game becomes available (or a current game finishes, etc).

You'll find there's a few 'oldies' online that play, myself included (about 5-6 years younger than you) and feel free to add me to your friends list - send me a friends request and i'll add you. I think I have about 2-3 spaces left LOL. I mostly play realistic but do dabble in simulation mode from time to time.

Oh yeah, the best times to get online are anywhere from 4pm-midnite pacific, so probably 7pm-1am Eastern although you'll find some people from overseas playing just about all the time.

Hope to see you online sometime.

:grin:

chromehead
08-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks rambo rich,
I hope to be online soon and start getting to know people
good to know I'm not the only mature gamer on here
..kev..

Abbevilleboy
08-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Abbeville Boy on XBL

Had the game since first released but had a long break from playing due to being totally immersed in Bad Co. & BC2.

Picked it up again recently and am now satisfied with my performance on Realistic setting - does anyone play on this or is it mainly Sim?

Tried a couple of online matches recently and I clearly have a lot to learn! Wish there were cockpits for the German a/c...

Love all things WWII (any 20th Century conflict infact) and warbirds especially. Flown a few times in Tiger Moths, a Fuji and even a Harvard which was a real experience!

Will be at the Duxford BoB airshow this weekend enjoying the roar of 17 Spitfires and 5 Hurricanes!

scottyvt4
08-31-2010, 08:50 PM
welcome one and all to the forum and happy flying :D

McQ59
09-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks rambo rich,
I hope to be online soon and start getting to know people
good to know I'm not the only mature gamer on here
..kev..

Far from it mate.
Welcome to both a great game and a great community. Shame we're on different consoles though.

Akula
09-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey, i'm new to the forum. I was recommended to join here by someone in the game. Well, it's nice to meet you guys.

bobbysocks
09-17-2010, 06:34 AM
welcome akula, what system and time zone?? read through this thread and meet some of the other newer pilots and then check out the threads for your system. a great community and great pilots who will kick you "behind" but teach you many things as well.

Akula
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm on the PS3, and i'm in the Eastern Time Zone (New York, US).

R-BADD7
09-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey Akula I am on Eastern Time Zone also, always looking for a wingman. you will find me on ps3 (arcade) most nights somewhere between 9:00-11:00pm.
My Screen name is R-BADD7. look forward to flying with you

oO BigJon Oo
09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Hey guys, The names Big Jon! I purchased this awesome game yesterday and im just starting out the campaign mode on realistic settings. Im in the UK and havn't got many people on my friends list who play this game online, So i'd be very greatful if some of you could add me on Xbox Live wherever your from to show me the ropes online :D

My Gamertag is oO BigJon Oo so send e a friends request when your on next and leave a message if you could just saying who you are.

Cheers folks, Jon

Ps could someone let me know if the servers were down for anyone else last night on xbox live in the game because it kept on giving me a message saying the servers were down :S

Drvn1
09-18-2010, 01:43 PM
The servers will say they are down unless someone is in the Preflight lobby.. When you get a friends list going and start playing with us, you'll always have a match to join... My Gamer Tag is DRVN1

Add me and you'll have a match to count on :).. I'll also help you out with technique and settings...

oO BigJon Oo
09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Drvn1, Thanks for the quick reply i appreciate it :D

Im going online in a minute so i'll add you on there and we can have a talk about the game. I love how realistic it is however i need to practice on my landings more lol, My Buddy Kieren will possibly be online later tonight as well so i'll introduce you to him when we're in a party and we'll be greatful for the extra online friends for that game :D

scottyvt4
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
welcome to the forum one and all :)

Prang
09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Hello. :)

New XBOX player here, just got the game a few days ago and loving it.

Gamertag: 'fartskull'.

Usually on: evenings into late night.
Skill level: total n00b...

Happy to play any mode, any difficulty (though leaning towards Sim as most preferred) just so long as I can find a game.

Also, I'm willing to help with getting unlocks, if assistance is reciprocated. No flames please, I'm usually dead against 'boosting', but being so late to the game combined with the (frankly terrible) way the online is set up, makes it practically impossible to get a 'legit' full hangar these days - managed to play a little online last night and actually getting into a match is the biggest bloody challenge - so I've got no problem with anyone grinding out a few extra aircraft/loadouts.

Personally, I'd like the B-17 just so I can intercept a formation of the beasts in a 109 or 190 in a custom Training mission and I was more than a little annoyed when I found I couldn't do that, even after completing the campaign and all the single missions. Bad game design, imo. The devs should've made all aircraft (eventually) available in singleplayer and kept the online unlock progression separate. Ah, well.

Anyway - Brits, Yanks, Canucks, anyone - shoot us a friend request if you need some extra cannon fodder to make up the numbers, cheers!

Gilly
09-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Prang,
You'll find once you've unlocked a certain aircraft it'll become available in the training missions section as either friend or foe. Enjoy, it's an awesome game.

Prang
09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Prang,
You'll find once you've unlocked a certain aircraft it'll become available in the training missions section as either friend or foe. Enjoy, it's an awesome game.

Cheers. Good to get confirmation on that.

It's just unlocking the buggers that's tricky. I should've been here a year ago...

*kicks self*

ARC-071
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I'd be lying if I said I was new to the game, but after I had 2 ps3's die on me I'd given the game a rest for a while. Sick of having to redo everything.(word to the wise...BACKUP)
I play in the estern time zone in North America and originally bought the game when it 1st came out.

My bro ARC-74 got me interested/hooked on this game. We always loved WW2 planes as kids, hearing stories from our grandparents about them watching the battles in the skies over Britain. Whenever my Grandad visited us from England, I'd pull out my spitfire model and his eyes would just light up! he'd take it from me and using the model, described what he saw during the battle of Britain.

Now I get a chance to fly those birds!

Anyway, slowly going through the single player mode, hopefully be up to "spec" in a couple of days

bobbysocks
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
welcome ARC-071,

there are a lot of great ps3 pilots here. you will have a lot of fun. check out some of the ps3 threads and get to know the guys.

Gilly
09-22-2010, 09:52 AM
I'd be lying if I said I was new to the game, but after I had 2 ps3's die on me I'd given the game a rest for a while. Sick of having to redo everything.(word to the wise...BACKUP)
I play in the estern time zone in North America and originally bought the game when it 1st came out.

My bro ARC-74 got me interested/hooked on this game. We always loved WW2 planes as kids, hearing stories from our grandparents about them watching the battles in the skies over Britain. Whenever my Grandad visited us from England, I'd pull out my spitfire model and his eyes would just light up! he'd take it from me and using the model, described what he saw during the battle of Britain.

Now I get a chance to fly those birds!

Anyway, slowly going through the single player mode, hopefully be up to "spec" in a couple of days

Welcome ARC,
If your half as good as your Bro then you'll do just fine!!!

Rogue 5
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi guys, just got BOP today. Only played a few missions in the single player, I'm amazed to say the least. However, I tried online but didn't find anyone playing. I hope people still play, because I bet it would be great online.

I'm on PS3 and my ID is Neonic9 by the way.

MACADEMIC
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi guys, just got BOP today. Only played a few missions in the single player, I'm amazed to say the least. However, I tried online but didn't find anyone playing. I hope people still play, because I bet it would be great online.

I'm on PS3 and my ID is Neonic9 by the way.

Plenty of online games in all categories if you tune in at the right time. Seems to start around 1800Z (UTC) and going long into the night...

Welcome to the game, have fun!

MAC

Rogue 5
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Plenty of online games in all categories if you tune in at the right time. Seems to start around 1800Z (UTC) and going long into the night...

Welcome to the game, have fun!

MAC
Ok, also what difficulty do people play most? I chose Arcade randomly, but if I want to change difficulties can I?

Thanks for the welcome as well.

MACADEMIC
09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok, also what difficulty do people play most? I chose Arcade randomly, but if I want to change difficulties can I?

Thanks for the welcome as well.

If you look for games set your settings to 'Any', you will see all categories at once within a playing mode (dogfight/teambattle/capture airfields/strike).

I'd say it's pretty evenly distributed in what category people play.

MAC

ARC-071
09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome ARC,
If your half as good as your Bro then you'll do just fine!!!

Thnx Gilly, yeah he's pretty darn good. His ps3 just died as well. Poor guy has got to do everything again...I feel his pain ;)

See you in the skies...

grislawskijg52
10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Hello all,I am Grislawskijg52. Play on PS3 in the central time zone. Learning the ropes of online play. My wife bought this for me. I had not touched a game station since atari back in the 80's. Wow the graphics have changed. Really enjoy the old aircraft and online play. Usually just play arcade.

Akula
10-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Hello all,I am Grislawskijg52. Play on PS3 in the central time zone. Learning the ropes of online play. My wife bought this for me. I had not touched a game station since atari back in the 80's. Wow the graphics have changed. Really enjoy the old aircraft and online play. Usually just play arcade.

Hey there. Welcome to the forums! I believe i've played with you before, you're pretty good.

R-BADD7
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Grislawskijg is not pretty good, he is the man!!! Nice to see you guys in the forum. I read the forum but dont really post until now. Anyway I am R-BADD7 and love BOP. Seeing many new names lately gives me hope of playing this game for a long time. See you in the skies my friends!

grislawskijg52
10-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Hey RBADD, nice to see you here to. Always enjoy playing with and against you. No one flies a messer much better than you. See you in the air!!!

grislawskijg52
10-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey there. Welcome to the forums! I believe i've played with you before, you're pretty good.

Hey Akula we have played together. Nice to see you are here as well. Catch you in the sky.

Hoggetfarm
11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Hello everyone

I currently play under the xbox live gamertag of HF Wolverine.
I would consider myself a fairly decent dogfighter not so much at ground attack though, i can keep a dogfight up for a good while. I focus my flying on the Dicta Boelke that was the basis for aerial combat in WWI. I am on from
3pm-7pm on the weekdays and on weekends just bout all day when i have nothing to do. I would love to fly with some of you but i cant figure out why it keeps telling me the server is not available if someone could please explain it would be helpful but in the mean time im looking forward to savor the thrill of the dogfight.

Good luck,

HF Wolverine

bobbysocks
11-03-2010, 08:14 PM
welcome. you are on the right time to catch a bunch of the fun and polite british boys. check out the threads for 360 and add a few of the players to your friends list. the server message just means there are no open games at the moment. either keep clicking it about every 30 seconds ( which is boring ) or create your own game and see who pops in. if they bug out dont get upset. they were probably in a game with several of their friends and wish to jion them ...follow them. you will find more players in real and sim than on arcade. let them know you are new to this and they will help you along with out killing you too much...lol. you might find less games happening at the moment due to the apache air assault demo being released. but there will be games be patient..

Hoggetfarm
11-03-2010, 11:58 PM
thanks bobby for the information...love to start flying with a good bunch of everyone

P.S. add me if you want to play GT:HF Wolverine....looking forward to adding kills to the boards

bobbysocks
11-04-2010, 12:04 AM
will do... my GT is Bobbysockser. feel free to add me. forget the leaderboards...they dont work. just have fun... lots of it.

Hoggetfarm
11-04-2010, 01:04 AM
plan on having much fun and will keep in mind that boards arent a high priority anyway. keep your head on a swivel >> HF Wolverine

RuffMonk
11-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Tally-ho everyone!!!

Well I've had this game since December of '09, but I've finally gotten around to joining the forum. This game was my first venture into the world of WWII flight combat, though I've been playing flight combat games since the days of Air Combat (1995 Playstation, later renamed Ace Combat in all subsequent titles for those too young to remember it, lmao!). To this day I still enjoy flying the "unfriendly skies" and don't see me putting this one away for good, until they shut down the servers!!!

bobbysocks
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
welcome to the forum Ruffmonk.

Akula
11-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Tally-ho everyone!!!

Well I've had this game since December of '09, but I've finally gotten around to joining the forum. This game was my first venture into the world of WWII flight combat, though I've been playing flight combat games since the days of Air Combat (1995 Playstation, later renamed Ace Combat in all subsequent titles for those too young to remember it, lmao!). To this day I still enjoy flying the "unfriendly skies" and don't see me putting this one away for good, until they shut down the servers!!!

Welcome to the forums!

McNulty
11-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Had this game for a few months , really struggling for people to fly online with so looking to add as many willing pilots as possible. Add me and hope to see you in the skys.....
psn ID; Dr8Cheese9

Akula
11-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Had this game for a few months , really struggling for people to fly online with so looking to add as many willing pilots as possible. Add me and hope to see you in the skys.....
psn ID; Dr8Cheese9

Welcome!

bobbysocks
11-10-2010, 05:55 AM
McNulty, welcome to the forum. there are a ton of really good ( and helpful) PS3 players here! check out the other threads and send them friend requests. what time zone are you in? you will find more games in REAL and SIM rather than arcade. enjoy, man.

chewiestanga
11-14-2010, 01:14 AM
hardcore fan of birds of pray. prefer to play realistic but can play Sim alright i play on the 360 network i play nearly everyday 6ish onwards new zealand time i cant always find games so please com join me or add me as friend on xbox live my gamer tag is chewiestanga there aswell so easy to find. also im trying to get all my weapon unlocks any help on that wuld b appreciated i will do the same to help others.

fly hard

Akula
11-14-2010, 03:56 PM
hardcore fan of birds of pray. prefer to play realistic but can play Sim alright i play on the 360 network i play nearly everyday 6ish onwards new zealand time i cant always find games so please com join me or add me as friend on xbox live my gamer tag is chewiestanga there aswell so easy to find. also im trying to get all my weapon unlocks any help on that wuld b appreciated i will do the same to help others.

fly hard

Welcome to the forums!

Several people here are 360 players of BoP (Not me, i'm on PS3) and i know they'd be very happy to play.

bobbysocks
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
hey chewy,
glad you made it here. probably see you later tonight...

scottyvt4
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
welcome to the forum :)

shano26
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey everyone, 360 pilot here, from the Pacific time zone. Great to see that this forum is still alive and kicking, (used to check it quite a bit, havent for nearly a year). I honestly thought that something would have been done to fix the online match making for this great game by now... ah well.
My GT is shano26. Hopefully Ill be flying with some of you soon!

Cheers.

Doggies_Ghost
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Just bought the package for PS3 this week & tutorial was great. Looking for a PS3 compatible Joystick. The PS3 controller is for kids lol

Played 'Fighter Ace' the last few years & they went off line Aug 1 with a blowout 350 player battle. Played for JAPAN (Those cardboard zeros gave the greatest challenge against the Hawker & german/Russian plane fanatics).
I miss the dogfights & realistic sim planes & land conquor & taking out the tank columns. Saw this game & realize it has 'missions' which I detest. Computer controlled missions are for robot kids. However the dogfights look comparable to Fighter Ace standards & I look forward to taking you all down ASAP :) (Or die trying).

NOTE: Sturmovik needs to get Fighter Ace e-mail list as there are a few thousand stranded players like me who had no game to play (or dropped ther standards to the on line crap out there). - I played as Baracudda - Astro_Boy, Kamakazi_1 (no squadron)

Gilly
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Just bought the package for PS3 this week & tutorial was great. Looking for a PS3 compatible Joystick. The PS3 controller is for kids lol

Played 'Fighter Ace' the last few years & they went off line Aug 1 with a blowout 350 player battle. Played for JAPAN (Those cardboard zeros gave the greatest challenge against the Hawker & german/Russian plane fanatics).
I miss the dogfights & realistic sim planes & land conquor & taking out the tank columns. Saw this game & realize it has 'missions' which I detest. Computer controlled missions are for robot kids. However the dogfights look comparable to Fighter Ace standards & I look forward to taking you all down ASAP :) (Or die trying).

NOTE: Sturmovik needs to get Fighter Ace e-mail list as there are a few thousand stranded players like me who had no game to play (or dropped ther standards to the on line crap out there). - I played as Baracudda - Astro_Boy, Kamakazi_1 (no squadron)

Welcome to IL2 and the forum. There's a great community on PS3 (save for a
few village idiots) who'll happily chew your control surfaces!!! In all honesty you've come to the right place. Get to know the guys who frequent here and you won't go far wrong. Best advice I can give is don't give up- you'll spend as much time falling out of the sky early on as you do flying! It happened to us all- a little perseverance and skill and you'll be up there with the best of them. Most importantly enjoy it!

bobbysocks
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
welcome both of you. Gilly pretty much summed it up perfectly. a great game and a great bunch of guys here. Shano26 i am xbox as well and play after 10pm-2am EST (when i am not out :grin: ). we have some pretty decent games ( mostly real and sim ) but they do get sparse on occasion. if you get on noon or 1ish your time you will bump into the boys in the uk. they are a great crew and lots of fun to fly with. add me to your friends list and i see you within the next couple of days. enjoy.

Rambo Rich 360
11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Welcome shano26 - I sent you a friend request so I could invite you to games. I'm also in the Pacific Time zone and usually get on around 8:00pm as well. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later but usually on pretty regularly.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood has had me tied up for a few days, but will try to still get some flyin time in.

Cya soon!

;)

bf110legend
12-03-2010, 07:01 PM
hey, im brand new to il2 and got the game yesterday for the ps3, im a big fan of flight sims such as european air war but have never seen il2 before, this seems to be a fantastic game and ive started playing it on realistic with a stick :) i live in britain so i am on in GMT, i am a huge fan of the german war planes and have always had a soft spot for the bf 110 ;) i look foward to joining the online commuity and getting involved in the multiplayer soon, so hey i guess :)

bobbysocks
12-04-2010, 03:02 AM
welcome bf110legend,

you are in great company. there are a lot of guys on here in the uk who play this regularly. check out some of the threads and get to know them. right now black ops has put a damper on games but they will get more plentiful here soon. good luck and have fun...

MaxOverkill
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I go by the nick of MaxOverkill. I'm on Xbox, Pacific Coast time. I used to fly Il Sturmovic 1946 on PC till I fried my Motherboard. Flew online at Hyperlobby which hosted loads of games ranging from arcade to realistic, European theater to Pacific. My preference for flying is full cockpit realism, no icons.

I've looked everywhere for a thread re: joysticks for use on xbox but I haven't found anything. I'm afraid Xbox doesn't support this feature?

bobbysocks
12-11-2010, 06:38 AM
hey Max, welcome to the forum. i am EST on xbox so add me to your friends list...GT Bobbysockser. the best stick for the X is an ace edge....you can go for the saiteks but they dont seem to hold up. do a search of the forum if you have a question about something...check out the xbox threads and get to know the guys. there are still games going on but black ops seems to have hit it hard. hang in there tho....there are good games to be had. hope to see you in the skies soon.

GarnetCrowAX
12-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Heyo.

Just picked up Birds of Prey, and would love to play it online (mainly why I got it)

My gamertag is GarnetCrowAX. See you there.

bobbysocks
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
welcome to the forum. what time zone are you in garnetcrowax?? and what time do you get on?

GarnetCrowAX
12-27-2010, 01:24 AM
welcome to the forum. what time zone are you in garnetcrowax?? and what time do you get on?

timezone GMT -4 hours.

No clue when I get on. Never had a regular time.

bobbysocks
12-27-2010, 05:59 PM
you must be close to my time zone then. add me. i am usually on 11 pm to ?? (est) on several nights a week. some pretty good games recently. there are a bunch of guys from the uk that get on about 4pm est. good games with them as well.

The Legendary Spitfire
12-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Got this game for Christmas and loving it. In the middle of the campaign and playing through some single missions as well. Not a hardcore plane addict so find realistic very tough. Like arcade :grin:
Wondering whether many people are still online, haven't seen many when I've checked but haven't played online yet either. Are there many online in the daylight hours (GMT).

grislawskijg52
12-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find a good following on ps3 sporadically thoughout the day. I play with a group pretty regulary cst (USA), but in the morning GMT as well.

bobbysocks
12-29-2010, 05:27 PM
welcome spitfire.

what system are you on, what time zone are you, and whne do you usually get on? there are still games to be had. check out the threads for the game system and add a couple of those players to your friend list. if you are xbox add me Bobbysocker ( est after 10 pm)

The Legendary Spitfire
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm on PS3 and get on sporadically throughout the day. I live in England so I'm GMT.
Just wondering, you said that there are games to be had, do people play strike at all as that sounds the most interesting?

mavrickandgoose
01-02-2011, 12:50 AM
i am not at all new to the game but i am new to this site i play on ps3 mainly realistic but been playing more arcade lately just becuase there are more games i am 25 a former U.S marine now a automotive technician i live in washington state i am online a lot

bobbysocks
01-02-2011, 05:13 AM
welcome mav.... lots of good ps3 guys on here. enjoy

hoghead
01-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Hi Pilots, I am newbie to BoP using a PS3 - so far I see the potential of BoP but haven't progressed far enuf for fun. I live in Arizona and my time = MST time zone (UT -7:00). I've loved flying most of my life though I was a Locomotive Engineer on the Southern Pacific R.R. - don't shot at trains! I’ve a number of Q’s so I am glad there are experts on the forum to help answer them. Looking forward to improving my flying and to contesting for control of the skies.

Ratman91101
01-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Welcome aboard buddy.I havn`t posted for awhile.But hope to c u in the clouds soon!

Ratman91101
01-04-2011, 05:24 AM
All you new guys send me a friend request.I willtry another attempt to set historical matches on Sundaysat 12pm e.s.t. You boys in the U.K. will be 5pm.My friends list is usually full.If so sendme atxt message.I only play ps3.C`ya in the clouds!

mayflower585
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
hi. on the ps3 should the required "aerial combat" primary training tutorial take 340+ minutes with no enemy bombers after the first 45 or so minutes?

after 300 minutes of aimlessly patrolling the english channel and buzzing the countryside i finally quit out of the mission. my stats say the attempt was unsuccessful, but 13 targets were destroyed as well as the 2 primary targets, and my efficiency is "unbelievable".

i can understand if the mission is meant to acclimate the user to flight characteristics, but 5 hours seems a bit much...

Monterey
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi, I've been here a while, but am new to the PS3. I just bought the game, and am getting ready to try it, with my X52. I have played all of the IL-2 PC series, but it's the first time flying on a console for me.

I am Firemancv on PS network.

OneFastJedi88
01-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Greetings from the southeast US to everyone!

I just picked up this title after having really enjoyed the demo waaay back when it came out; I know, I'm late to the party, lol. I'm doing the campaign on Simulation and though frustrating at times, am having a blast.

I've been a WWII buff for a good few years now, and actually got started through the aircraft, my favorite of which would have to be the P-38 Lightning, though I don't hold it against this game that she's not featured here; I know it wouldn't be a fair fight against any of those flying kubelwagens, lol. :)

I play on the Xbox 360, with my gamertag being my username here. I'm usually available almost every day from around 8-ish PM EST on until the wee hours. I'd love to get in with the online community here, and hopefully I'll see y'all in the skies soon!

PS @ hoghead: Awesome, I'm a railfan :D Like he said, don't shoot the trains!

bobbysocks
01-07-2011, 06:18 PM
welcome OneFastJedi88, i usually get on several nights a week after 10. there have been some pretty good games recently. and then there are nights you have a hard time finding someone to play. add me GT Bobbysockser....hope to see you soon.

Trumpet Trouser
01-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Hello from an extremely new pilot,picked this up today
Im on xbox gamertag Trumpet Trouser add me if you want as i have not been able to find any games online it says server is down is this normal?
Look forward to hearing from you online oh and im UK based.

bobbysocks
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello from an extremely new pilot,picked this up today
Im on xbox gamertag Trumpet Trouser add me if you want as i have not been able to find any games online it says server is down is this normal?
Look forward to hearing from you online oh and im UK based.

hello trumpet and welcome to the forum. when it says that all that means is there are no open games at the moment. people may be in the middle of matches. hang out for awhile and keep trying. you will find more games in real and sim than in arcade though. you can also try hosting ( creating) a game and see what happens. if people drop out dont take it personal....they were probably in a game with a group and want to get back there....follow them. add some of the uk xboxers from here and you will get games.

ProneKobra
01-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Greetings,

I go by the user name, ProneKobra on the PS3.

I have played flight sims for a long time - my first being in about 1990 with Flight Simulator on the Atari ST computer.

Another flight sim I really enjoyed was Fighter Anthologies by Jane's.

I am really happy that a decent sim for consoles has finally been released, and look forward to seeing you all in the air!

So -- how realistic is the flying in this game? Does your altitude and speed affect your turn rate, or does it really seem to affect it?

etotheo
01-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Hello all.

Just picked up a PS3 and this just had to be the first game that I bought!!!

I'm new to any sort of PC or console sim, though I do fly real world RC planes on a regular basis... so the gimbals in my hands fell good.

I'm sticking with the campaign for now (second day) until I feel that I won't be a complete waist of air space before hitting up the network...:rolleyes:

PSN: etotheo77

Happy hunting.

McQ59
01-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the skies of BoP. I've had the pleasure to fly a cpl of missions with you - and it has been great fun! Thanks for joining :-)

rd_taylor
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Gday from Downunder!

Got BOP on my 360 a few months ago, enjoying playing single player mode in Arcade.

Pretty bad flyer at the moment, but trying to get better.

I only play sporadically, Timezone is Eastern Australia, XBLive name is "StainlessTube"

I would love to get a Cyborg FLY-9 wireless joystick for the 360

(http://cyborggaming.com/prod/v9stick.htm)

Has anyone tried one? They don't seem to be available in Australia; but if anyone thinks they're worth a try, I'll get one from OS...

Can't seem to figure out how to change modes on 360 to Realistic or Sim.

Chocks Away!

bobbysocks
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
welcome to the forum rd,

we have some Oz boys & Kiwis who play fairly regularly. dont worry about being bad. we were all there and some of us never left there.. :grin: . you will find though most of the players are in realistic games and a lesser amount in sim. i suggest if you arent online to practice in real mode and if you are on dont be afraid to jump in one.

those flight sticks were evaluated here so do a search and you will find all the info you want to make a decent decision.

hope to see you in the skies sometime...

GT Bobbysockser

Death_Face_1st
01-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Hello there. I just purchased BoP Saturday and I am ready for some online action! I talked four of my friends into buying the game as well. We should all be online (PS3) and playing in the next few days... as soon as the their copies of the game are delivered.

Hoping to be in the air between 5:00 - 8:00 pm est, during the week and as much as possible on the weekends (as much as my wife will allow). Looking for arcade mode DF and TDM to start with, moving up from there.

mavrickandgoose
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
death face whats your screen name? I am online a lot you can add me psn mavrickandgoose

scottyvt4
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
welcome to the the forum new guy's :)

happy BOPIn :)

etotheo
01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
...I would love to get a Cyborg FLY-9 wireless joystick for the 360

(http://cyborggaming.com/prod/v9stick.htm)

Has anyone tried one? They don't seem to be available in Australia; but if anyone thinks they're worth a try, I'll get one from OS...

Can't seem to figure out how to change modes on 360 to Realistic or Sim.

Chocks Away!

Oh snap that looks like a sweet flight stick :o I'll have to do some searching for reviews... PS3 of course.

To change modes to Realistic or Sim - you need to finish the tutorials for each to unlock those modes.

Death_Face_1st
01-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Mavrick, my psn name is Death_Face_1st. I'll send a friend request, next time I'm on.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Mr_Steven
01-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone, finally got my Xbox live up and running and I'm looking for some games, so add me up!

CooperTrooper13 is the GamerTag

XxCh3m1caLxX
01-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Hey all, new player to BOP on Xbox 360, please feel free to add me as a friend on xbl.. gamertag is XxCh3m1caLxX.

I have experience, played the original IL2 on the PC for a few years and finally got a copy for on my xb360 so now im lookin for some wingmen to have sume fun and brush up on my (lack of) skills.

Im in Toronto, Canada btw.. but usually play at night.

Cheers, see you in the skies!

bobbysocks
01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
welcome XxCh3m1caLxX, there are usually some good games around 10 to 2am ( or later ) our time. but it has also been spotty....a bunch of players one night and nothing for a few days. so hang in there and add me Bobbysockser

Rambo Rich 360
01-28-2011, 08:56 PM
360 users, feel free to add me as well. I'm on most nites (although, lately been playing some different games).

If my friends list is full, just send me a message and i'll axe somebody's on my list to make room.

If you're on my friends list and got your box on and i'm in a lobby, i'll send you an invite.

Soladeogloria
01-29-2011, 09:34 PM
I bought birds of prey for ps3 but am just now playing online. Im in est and usually on weekends or around ten at night. network name is same as name here.

Stillblind
02-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Ive had this game for awhile now on 360. Tried to play online several times but i always get the message server down. So feel free to add me GT: Stillblind9.

bobbysocks
02-03-2011, 08:51 PM
welcome stillblind, the server will say that if there are no open games at that moment. that doesnt mean games arent being played ...just none free then. host a game or keep trying. you can add me Bobbysockser. we play 11 pm to 2am EST several night a week.

WildBoar44
02-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I have only just discovered this game, lord knows why . i must have had my head in the clouds ! I play on PS3 as "WildBoar44" so add me in if you so wish.

Played the campaign and duly put my billy goat " Yeh i am an Ace " wings on...Until i pressed the "online" button...oh yeh....you may as well call me call sign "ZIPPO" coz i lit up first time and every time !

Have played a few Arcade matches and have 10 "got ya right back kills" but at least i can run and dodge the bullets like a real chicken now....!!

I NEVER quit so add me a friend and you can enjoy hours and hours chasing me around

Mainly playing arcade but would like to master Realistic with a bit of tuition ?

Is micraphone essential ?.......Hotta x stocks better gor control ?

I like the ideal of the social flying scene...formation...races...king of the castle... any groups / friens list i can get invites too?

Anyway....meet you head on.....wave as you press the button...see you in the parachute straps...... !

grislawskijg52
02-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome to th forum Wild Boar...I play on CST if you are on feel free to join our games..look forward to seeing youI have only just discovered this game, lord knows why . i must have had my head in the clouds ! I play on PS3 as "WildBoar44" so add me in if you so wish.

Played the campaign and duly put my billy goat " Yeh i am an Ace " wings on...Until i pressed the "online" button...oh yeh....you may as well call me call sign "ZIPPO" coz i lit up first time and every time !

Have played a few Arcade matches and have 10 "got ya right back kills" but at least i can run and dodge the bullets like a real chicken now....!!

I NEVER quit so add me a friend and you can enjoy hours and hours chasing me around

Mainly playing arcade but would like to master Realistic with a bit of tuition ?

Is micraphone essential ?.......Hotta x stocks better gor control ?

I like the ideal of the social flying scene...formation...races...king of the castle... any groups / friens list i can get invites too?

Anyway....meet you head on.....wave as you press the button...see you in the parachute straps...... !

Flyingshrinemaid
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi all,just joined today.
I play on the Playstation 3 Ver. of Birds of prey.
I was given the game at christmas time due to my overwhelming love for aviation in the First and second world war.
My favourite planes are the Heinkel 111 H-16 with 32&50kg bomb load & the Focke wulf 190 D

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
02-12-2011, 06:01 PM
http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/7986/7986380fef8209295072e45f3f39f73832acdde.jpg

McQ59
02-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Your'e welcome ma'm. What mode you play in? Now?

WildBoar44
02-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi all,just joined today.
I play on the Playstation 3 Ver. of Birds of prey.
I was given the game at christmas time due to my overwhelming love for aviation in the First and second world war.
My favourite planes are the Heinkel 111 H-16 with 32&50kg bomb load & the Focke wulf 190 D

Was that you on a CTA with a 111 ? .......... Tried to cover your flank ! :)

Gilly
02-12-2011, 08:15 PM
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/paulcgill/dcdb3964.jpg

bobbysocks
02-12-2011, 09:53 PM
looks like a duck, walks (flys) like a duck, quacks like a duck it a......

McQ59
02-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Could be a duck...

WildBoar44
02-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Welcome to th forum Wild Boar...I play on CST if you are on feel free to join our games..look forward to seeing you

grislawskijg52 , thanks for the invite.....will have to set my alarm clock for a meet ... what do you guys play...arcade or realistic or Sim ?

StiC
02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

First of all I can be found on PSN as shiki_con. I'm not new to air combat, but BoP is way beyond my typical experience so please be patient with me. I have a decent 25/7 Mbit connection, a wireless headset, and a T flight HOTAS. If anyone wants to play I live in the AST zone (GMT -4:00) I would especially appreciate some practical instruction.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the air.

jruck
02-22-2011, 01:19 AM
hello i just bought this game i love airplanes im currently going to school to become a pilot. send a friend request on xbox live if you would like to play with me and my friend. my gt is j r u c ik send me a invite and we can play

CaptNemo
03-04-2011, 10:55 PM
West coast US newbie here.

Love the game with my PS3 so far..... but one problem.

I've logged about 3 hrs in training mode to refine my skills, but the sensitivity of the PS3 controller makes flying a real challenge. Looking for a wireless HOTAS but nothing. I'm using this on a 57" plasma (which gives a fantastic panorama in flight) and don't want 12ft of wire across the room. Any ideas?

Hicks-81
03-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Hello. In first time, sorry for my english, I am Spanish.

I love military aviation WWII and this game, of course. I like the simulation mode, but I need to improve. I hope learn to flight as a true "experten".

Also hope to find people that share this hobby here.

Mi ID PSN is Hicks-81

MACADEMIC
03-08-2011, 06:10 PM
West coast US newbie here.

Love the game with my PS3 so far..... but one problem.

I've logged about 3 hrs in training mode to refine my skills, but the sensitivity of the PS3 controller makes flying a real challenge. Looking for a wireless HOTAS but nothing. I'm using this on a 57" plasma (which gives a fantastic panorama in flight) and don't want 12ft of wire across the room. Any ideas?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Did you try to reduce the sensitivity for elevator and ailerons? Each airplane has their own recommend settings, for example on the Spitfire it's -6 from the right side off elevator. You get there by going to 'Options'.

Good luck,

MAC

MACADEMIC
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Hello. In first time, sorry for my english, I am Spanish.

I love military aviation WWII and this game, of course. I like the simulation mode, but I need to improve. I hope learn to flight as a true "experten".

Also hope to find people that share this hobby here.

Mi ID PSN is Hicks-81

Hello Hicks,

Nice to see you here too! Any time you want to practice, feel free to send me a message via PSN.

MAC

Hicks-81
03-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks Macademic. I hope the lenguage is not an obstacule for playing with you. My english is average (on Internet I have help of google translation)

MACADEMIC
03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
No problemo amigo!

;)

MAC

rgm748
03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Using a PS3 to fly offline at present. Looking forward to trying some online play using full sensitivity Sim settings. No doubt I will appear just like a target drone to some of you Aces but hopefully it should be fun for all concerned (and I should become more proficient!) Located in Scotland so evening flights on Greenwich Meantime.
Favourite aircraft Hurricane or Spitfire.
Cheers

sspsu93
03-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Im new to the ps3 Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. Been playing Il2 on the pc for awhile now. Love the game. Call sign SSPSU93.

MATALIEBRES
03-13-2011, 01:27 PM
I play on the PS3 and slowly go inside the simulator mode
In PC approximately 3500 flight hours MFSX
I hope to fly and fight with or against all
lucky

MACADEMIC
03-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Using a PS3 to fly offline at present. Looking forward to trying some online play using full sensitivity Sim settings. No doubt I will appear just like a target drone to some of you Aces but hopefully it should be fun for all concerned (and I should become more proficient!) Located in Scotland so evening flights on Greenwich Meantime.
Favourite aircraft Hurricane or Spitfire.
Cheers

Hi and welcome,

There are plenty of experienced pilots around here who would be happy to go easy on newcomers, or offer a training session. Some of them even in Scotland.

Have fun!

MAC

MACADEMIC
03-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Im new to the ps3 Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. Been playing Il2 on the pc for awhile now. Love the game. Call sign SSPSU93.

Hi and welcome,

I look forward to fly with you sometime!

MAC

MACADEMIC
03-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I play on the PS3 and slowly go inside the simulator mode
In PC approximately 3500 flight hours MFSX
I hope to fly and fight with or against all
lucky

Hi and welcome!

3500 hours, that's a lot! Are you keeping a log?

MAC

MATALIEBRES
03-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi and welcome!

MAC

FS sorry PC only counting from FS2004 to FSX

MATALIEBRES
03-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi and welcome!

MAC

Ps3 about a year ago and I would like to improve in realistic simulator in this great game

MACADEMIC
03-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Ps3 about a year ago and I would like to improve in realistic simulator in this great game

Okay, great. Look forward to flying with you, I'm flying Sim.

MAC

MATALIEBRES
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Okay, great. Look forward to flying with you, I'm flying Sim.

MAC

I understand your comments are approx .350 flight hours and not 3500 as I put
I feel the error, perhaps I was the finger
I hope to face in the sky in a dogfight.

Delta-64-
03-22-2011, 07:38 AM
I really don't know why I've never gotten into this game before. I'm a world war II aviation guru, and a real world pilot and feel ashamed I never got into this game. I'm hoping there are some of you playing now and then, especially since I got my pc stick to work for it. I play it on ps3, psn is Delta-64-.

Feel free to add me. I also enjoy Apache: Air assault if there is still interest in that game as well. I'm trying to find people to co-op with on veteran difficulty.

yopis
03-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Hello all just wanted to get my first post out of the way and introduce myself to the forum. My real world flying experience is zero but I have always had respect for pilots civilian and military. Back when this game released I planned on buying for some fun and maybe a bit of learning as well. Always liked racing simulators on PC and wanted to try a flight sim. Time went by and I had real world things that took most of my gaming time. (college)

Honestly the only thing that kept me wanting to try out this game was the passion I saw lurking in these forums. To see people that are passionate about a game series really sucked me in. Hope I get to fly with some of you guys/girls and learn a thing or two also.

Psn kincade
Eastern Time Zone United States. Mostly a night player after 7pm.

Ordered the game today so I will be on and off by the 29th. Hope to see some of you guys. Hate that it took so long lol.

Slothboy
03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Howdy folks. New player here just getting my feet wet with the game. I can never seem to find any matches online so I hoped that coming here would direct me to some organized games or meet-ups online. I'm an Xbox user so feel free to add me as a friend with the message "IL2" so I know where you're from. GT: Ninja Slothboy

Cheers!

Rambo Rich 360
03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Slothboy - You can go ahead and send me a friends request if you'd like (I sent you a xbox message). I try to get on at least once a nite or so and can send you a game invite if I see you on.

Welcome to the forum! :cool:

bobbysocks
03-29-2011, 07:15 PM
same here slothboy. usually on after 10 or 11 EST. GT Bobbysockser

ATAG_Doc
03-31-2011, 02:16 AM
I am available for sim if anyone is looking for sim. GT is inrealtyme.

Cryptic Phant0m
04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Just wanted to post an update on my time schedule for playing BOP.

I will now be on after 11pm Eastern Standard Time, I play realistic and Sim.

GamerTag "Cryptic Phant0m"

Willie-Wall
04-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Just wanted to say hi. I just joined a second ago and I've already found a great amount of info. I actually just bought this game a month ago. I see its hard to find a match but I still have fun when I do. I hope I can find some people here that still play around my time.

I play on the PSN which is Willie-Wall, like here. I play around 8:00pm CST - 11:59pm CST. I'm 27 male from USA, TN and I have a mic.

I love all the game modes. I love playing Realistic and mixing up my planes. I'm also a pretty quick airfield capper. (Favorite mode is Airfield.)

bobbysocks
04-10-2011, 06:38 AM
welcome willie! look over the psn threads here and add some of the names to your friends list. that way then there is a game you will see it. they guys here are a great group and will enjoy the best game ever made with you.

Willie-Wall
04-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks bobby! I will run through those threads now. I'm hoping to find current players as I know I'm coming in a little late.

AscendantWyvern
04-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Captain AscendantWyvern reporting for duty from the 360 front, sir!

Cryptic Phant0m
04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Hey, AscendantWyvern

Great to see you on the boards!

heghog
04-14-2011, 01:29 AM
dose this game have the p-40?

bobbysocks
04-14-2011, 04:26 PM
no such luck

Kursewind
04-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey i just got this game for xbox 360 i run on atlantic time and am on usally anytime after 3 pm - 1 am

Gamertag Kursewind94 Feel free to add me for games and such
I will play anything but prefer arcade or sim

Cryptic Phant0m
04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the 1c, you will find a great community on here.

ATAG_Doc
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/april/235064/Police:-Man-tried-to-rob-store-with-game-remote hahaha people crack me up sometimes.

Gilly
04-21-2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/april/235064/Police:-Man-tried-to-rob-store-with-game-remote hahaha people crack me up sometimes.

In the same way people who post things in completely the wrong section crack me up...

MonstersHQ
04-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi All...

Played online for a couple of weeks now and played alongside and against some of the people here so decided to join this forum whilst the PSN is down.:-x
PSN: MonstersHQ
New Zealand (shortened to and pronounced: UnZund;)) so GMT+12.
Keen to play any realistic matches and soon going to progress to sim after recievinf some peer pressure.

Go the Gustavs!

WildBoar44
04-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi MonstersHQ.....we have met before, must say if you have been online for only a few weeks in Realistic then i am impressed...:)

Tag me as a friend if you wish on PSN, same as here, and hope to see you soon when Mr Sony lets us all back in the playground !

MonstersHQ
04-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi MonstersHQ.....we have met before, must say if you have been online for only a few weeks in Realistic then i am impressed...:)

Tag me as a friend if you wish on PSN, same as here, and hope to see you soon when Mr Sony lets us all back in the playground !

Cheers WildBoar.
Yes I`ve had more than a little paint taken off by you in my early sorties, well done.

I put it down to all the time I spent playing Ace of Aces on the 64...

Commodore 64;)

So you live in Kent, have you found where your house would be on the map?

WildBoar44
04-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Cheers WildBoar.
Yes I`ve had more than a little paint taken off by you in my early sorties, well done.

I put it down to all the time I spent playing Ace of Aces on the 64...

Commodore 64;)

So you live in Kent, have you found where your house would be on the map?

Hello MonstersHQ.....sadly my house is just off the map , in training Canterbury or online Kent I am just West of Maidstone, I can however fly down the old roads to where I work for 25mile or so, all the way to the outskirts of Canterbury, just fly north north east from Canterbury and its the reverse...the roads are pretty correct and the juction where my work is bang on....after a crap day at work, I saddle up the P47 with bombs and rockets and go there and blast it off the map !!! lol.:-P, trouble is, next day I drive there is still there ..Blaaa !

Hooray bugalugs !!

Disintegration7
05-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi All,

Just got this game about 3 weeks ago- loving it so far. Just about done the campaign on realistic (just started Battle of Berlin). Haven't ventured online yet, but might do so soon....

I play on the 360, GT is Disintegration7. Anyone can feel free to add me if you'd like. Favorite plane in the game so far is probably the Spitfire, though I've been getting better with the P51.

Hope to see some of you up there in the skies.....

Rambo Rich 360
05-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi Disintegration - Thought i'd send you a friends request as i'm on just about every nite or every other nite on Birds of Prey. I can send you an invite if I see you're on and get you in some games.

McQ59
05-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Wellcome bro. To a great game and forum. It's truly addictive... Take care ;-)

Slothboy
05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Cool beans. I'll add you too. Once you get online you'll probably want to avoid the P-51. That thing has "issues". Can't go wrong though with a Spitfire IX or a BF 109 G-6.

See you online!

bobbysocks
05-14-2011, 06:36 AM
welcome D7. i know you are in the same time zone as me ( and in the same state ).... i am on usually sun - wed...10pm- 2. and on ocassion in the afternoon thur - sat. add me ( and ranbo ) and you will get into some good games.... see you in the skies son....

Disintegration7
05-14-2011, 05:40 PM
thanks for the friendly welcome all. finished the realistic campaign last night and started on the simulator tutorial. Not having too much trouble with the flying, but keeping track of bandits without the hud is tough so far...might be time for a bigger tv (or new glasses...lol). See you guys around....

a-4ar
05-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone, just got this game three weeks ago for the PS3 and I love it. I'm currently playing campaign and single missions in sim mode.

Waiting for the PSN to be back up to play some online matches. My PSN id is atabla2.

Best regards

irishjg10
05-14-2011, 08:47 PM
@ atabla2 Hi add me to your contacts list when we're back up and running. We'll play some online games together. My PSN ID is same as here ok.

Slothboy
05-16-2011, 11:14 PM
thanks for the friendly welcome all. finished the realistic campaign last night and started on the simulator tutorial. Not having too much trouble with the flying, but keeping track of bandits without the hud is tough so far...might be time for a bigger tv (or new glasses...lol). See you guys around....

Yeah, you need a 100" plasma screen with an ace edge flightstick. Then maybe you can pick out those damn dots. I managed to muddle through simulator on my standard def 32" screen but I'm not sure how.

Dementia_Seven
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Huhu

D7 is my initial by the way... :cool:

MOEP MOEP

Disintegration7
be welcome

moep

hurricane
05-18-2011, 04:09 PM
anybody else get confused with the d7's ? if your both on xbox you can do a dogfight for the initials.;)

bobbysocks
05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
there is nothing wrong with double Ds..... :grin:

Slothboy
05-18-2011, 06:00 PM
HAHA. That made me snort.

hurricane
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
I woulld still like to see a pair of them in a dogfight.

xin421
05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I am in Toronto (EST) and it is hard to see people on PSN playing IL2.BOP. (PSN is recovered on May 16, 2011).

Add me if you like to play together,

my PSN ID:Raymond60421
I play this game mostly in Arcad mode, sometimes in Relistic mode. I think my rank is average.