PDA

View Full Version : has anyone found any real use for armageddon

clinek
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Ok, in KB:TL, armageddon had a really important role in one battle but in AP, i simply have not found any use for it. When fighting haas, you just armageddon has forces for the first two spells, then use the grim reaper to use time back on your unit and you have the battle won. If anyone found a real use for armageddon in AP please let me know. It just seems like one of those useless spells at this point.

KongMysen
06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
In solo stack games, armageddon can be very useful against armies with black dragons, since they have 0 resistance to the astral damage.

round 1: Mana spring on a solo stack of Arch Demons - armageddon
round 2: Another mana spring- Mana accelerator - wait - Time back
Round3: - repeat steps

I stole this tactic, but I don't remember who to credit. I did however dl a savegame, and test the strat by beating Moro in 5-6 rounds with no losses.

clinek
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
That strategy would work really well with the crown of chaos:)

Metathron
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I used the spell for half my mage game last time. Mostly because I had found the crown of chaos and a ghost armor that brought my immunity to astral to 70%. My army consisted of black dragons most of the time, those 1000 hp are real important when facing armageddon. I couldn't keep casting it after my intellect grew past a certain point, but this was a really fun tactic to use.

DGDobrev
06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
The judgment day paladin found a simple use for the Armageddon Spell :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11622&highlight=judgment+day+paladin

Video says it all.

clinek
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
ok first off i have never played as a paladin so i can ask this question without sounding like an idiot. When you max your res skill as a paladin, does it still say 0 losses at the end of the game even if you lose units in battle? Does that strategy work for a no loss game?

DGDobrev
06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
No, it doesn't. You suffer casualties, which your ress afterwards at no cost. If it did count as a no-loss, it would have been way too easy :)

Sylvine
08-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Time Back is the way to go with armageddon, obviously. I suppose good astral resistances + ress stacks could go well as well, but with Time Back, it's way more viable.

Instead of Archdemons, though, I used emerald dragons. Timing it correctly, You can time them back in a way that also restores their Mana Drain ability, further helping with the 80 mana needed for Armageddon + Time Back.

I also got the rage accel perk from the Warrior Tree quite early, making me fill my rage with every armageddon cast, which makes for Charger + Awaken Dragon + Charger + Time Back, next round Charger + Awaken Dragon + Armageddon + Charger, then, again, Charger + Awaken Dragon + Charger + Time Back.... etc etc.

I had no problems using it since I thought of it myself, but it really IS a damn cheap tactic ;)

~Sylv