PDA

View Full Version : lost unlocks

hurricane
06-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I lost all my plane and weapons unlocks won in online play.i also lost the simulator setting which was easy enough to get back but everything else not so easy.i think i still have everything from the campaign such as the first p51but why did i lose the sim setting?anyway pope tried to explain it to me but if its on here maybe it will keep others from making the same mistake.forget about a b17 now for me i feel like a rookie again.hoping for a k4 soon

Rambo Rich 360
06-27-2010, 06:51 PM
How, exactly, did you lose everything? Was it a hard drive crash or...?

hurricane
06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I am hoping robotic pope will post a reply here soon.i think he said its from accepting a game invite before checking for downloadable content.

Robotic Pope
06-28-2010, 11:29 PM
How, exactly, did you lose everything? Was it a hard drive crash or...?

No its a game programing bug. It can happen if you accept a game invite before pressing start on the START screen. So say you accept an invite while still in the dashboard, the game will load up and go directly into the game lobby, bypassing the start screen and loading of your option preferances and unlocks. Once in the lobby you will find you only have the default aircraft (hurricane, I16, 109E). If you leave the lobby at this point you can return to the start screen, press Start and It will load your stuff.
If you play the whole game without noticing that your stuff isnt loaded, when you end the fight the game will save over the top of your old save and you will have lost everything. I think the single player stuff is save in a different file, so when you next press Start at the start screen the game will see you have complete missions and will unlock the single player unlocks. The exeption being the sim tutorial, no idea why.

Most people notice when they don't have any planes and quit the lobby, but because Bucketmanroc(Hurricane) unsuprisingly flies the hurricane a lot he has twice not noticed and lost all his stuff. I'm affraid we did give him a little bit of stick as he won his first ever game using the hurricane and unlocked the rockets, It only took him 5 months :-P ;)

I was quite lucky myself once. I started a game flying a hurricane and only realised my stuff wasn't loaded because the distance and speed had swiched to metric. I wasn't sure if the game saved if you quit so instead I pressed "return to dashboard" to be safe.

Robotic Pope
06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I am hoping robotic pope will post a reply here soon.i think he said its from accepting a game invite before checking for downloadable content.

Checking for DLC is where your game sees you have the DLC pack and unlocks the two extra planes.