PDA

View Full Version : Vestiges of Replay function in BoP?

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
06-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Haven't seen this before due to always hitting X from impatience.

Reminds me a lot of Wings of Prey. L1 and R1 to swtich between Allies and Axis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9za3jiq6vkk

Robotic Pope
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes, I have a story to tell involing the spectator cam.

A couple of days ago I was playing the single mission in Battle of britain were you have a huge airial battle over the channel in your spitfires against the 109E's. I was playing with Limited fuel and ammo, no retries and on simulator. I was doing pretty well having shot down 4 or 5 109s before I ran out of ammo. So I swiched to my wingman, his guns were also dry, as where my second flight leader. His wingman though had enough left for me to take out 1 more 109 before he ran out too. I then swiched back to second flight leader ( 1st leader and his wingman had bought it by then ) and continued to hunt down the final two 109s and get into firing positons, making gun noises just for practice. I then witness the penultimate 109 do a CFIT infront of me along with my wingman a few seconds later :mad:

Well I flew around for 5 or 10 more minutes without the final 109 being shot down by any of the remaining A.I spitfire and by that time I really needed the bathroom so I decided to risk landing at the airfield. That went well, I managed not to flip over and then I though I'd make it look realistic and taxied over to the hangers, parked it and left the game running for 15 or so minutes while I went to the toilet, made a cup of tea and watched the end of one of the world cup matches. I came back to my xbox expecting the game to be completed, but NO - there was STILL the 1 target remaining in the bottom left corner. This was when I made the BIGGEST error. I looked at the map to see what the hell the friendly spitfires were doing. As soon as I had pressed it I knew what was going to happen next. Sure enough the A.I throttled up my engine and plowed my pretty much undamaged Spitty straight into the side of the Hanger :mad::mad::mad::evil::evil::evil:
GAME OVER.
With my dispair, I watched the 3 remaining AI spitfires do mock dogfights with the 109. I remember imagining the dumb AI still thumbing the fire button, not even noticing nothing was coming out, and not even wondering or careing why the 109 didn't recieve any damage. I watched them untill I think It timed out and went back to the menus telling me "This time you have failed to carry out your orders". I had to turn my xbox off then becuase that really took the piss lol .

hurricane
06-24-2010, 01:39 AM
if all that happened while you were in the bathroom you might want to check with your doctor.

Soviet Ace
06-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Yes, I have a story to tell involing the spectator cam.

A couple of days ago I was playing the single mission in Battle of britain were you have a huge airial battle over the channel in your spitfires against the 109E's. I was playing with Limited fuel and ammo, no retries and on simulator. I was doing pretty well having shot down 4 or 5 109s before I ran out of ammo. So I swiched to my wingman, his guns were also dry, as where my second flight leader. His wingman though had enough left for me to take out 1 more 109 before he ran out too. I then swiched back to second flight leader ( 1st leader and his wingman had bought it by then ) and continued to hunt down the final two 109s and get into firing positons, making gun noises just for practice. I then witness the penultimate 109 do a CFIT infront of me along with my wingman a few seconds later :mad:

Well I flew around for 5 or 10 more minutes without the final 109 being shot down by any of the remaining A.I spitfire and by that time I really needed the bathroom so I decided to risk landing at the airfield. That went well, I managed not to flip over and then I though I'd make it look realistic and taxied over to the hangers, parked it and left the game running for 15 or so minutes while I went to the toilet, made a cup of tea and watched the end of one of the world cup matches. I came back to my xbox expecting the game to be completed, but NO - there was STILL the 1 target remaining in the bottom left corner. This was when I made the BIGGEST error. I looked at the map to see what the hell the friendly spitfires were doing. As soon as I had pressed it I knew what was going to happen next. Sure enough the A.I throttled up my engine and plowed my pretty much undamaged Spitty straight into the side of the Hanger :mad::mad::mad::evil::evil::evil:
GAME OVER.
With my dispair, I watched the 3 remaining AI spitfires do mock dogfights with the 109. I remember imagining the dumb AI still thumbing the fire button, not even noticing nothing was coming out, and not even wondering or careing why the 109 didn't recieve any damage. I watched them untill I think It timed out and went back to the menus telling me "This time you have failed to carry out your orders". I had to turn my xbox off then becuase that really took the piss lol .

That sucks man. I feel your pain... or at least when I stayed with BoP before going back to '46. I had something like that happen to me as well. But it was the one mission where you fly Hurricanes along Canterbury and have to down the He-111s that keep coming in swarms. That sucked.

if all that happened while you were in the bathroom you might want to check with your doctor.

lol

You forget though, so much can changed in seconds for better or worse when flying in a combat situation. (That's why I stick with my Russian Planes. Nay, nay, I say, you can't trick me! ;))

MACADEMIC
06-24-2010, 09:19 AM
I love that feature and wish they would include it in the inevitable (Quote Zanjuri) sequel in expanded form:

- games where respawning is not allowed (last man standing), but where the players can remain with the action as spectators, being able to chose from various watching posts (between planes/cockpit or outside/more distant camera)

- games where it's possible to attend as a spectator only from the beginning

- being able to replay an entire session in various watching posts, and make it recordable in HD and exchangeable on the PS3 network

dkwookie
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/129201537429061049.jpg

Balderz002
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
THAT is an awesome crapper!

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
06-24-2010, 04:28 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/129201537429061049.jpg]

Japanese/European SNES is superior! :grin: