PDA

View Full Version : England footy crunch time

Davedog74
06-23-2010, 08:23 AM
will it be a slice of crunch ? a day trip to the crunch? or eternal crunch?

Gilly
06-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Cows arse and banjo are the words that spring to mind!
I'm just hoping that they do go out there and play as we all know they can.....probably be eating those words come 5 o'clock!!!

Davedog74
06-23-2010, 08:41 AM
unfortunately they only need a draw,if they sit back i think it will be tight,
the drawing lotts scenario sounds crazy,you know its gonna happen
i be wearing 89 arsenal top for luck

mattd27
06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
So they only have to draw or win, and the americans have to lose? I think England can at least hold a tie, and hopefully the US will falter.

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I think hanging on for a draw and hoping USA don't win will end in tears. We need to go for the win.

Gilly
06-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I think hanging on for a draw and hoping USA don't win will end in tears. We need to go for the win.

Couldn't agree more and I think they have to do so convincingly to restore a little faith for the next rounds otherwise I think we'll be doing a 'France'

Davedog74
06-23-2010, 10:52 AM
we wont play for a draw,but if usa game ends 0-0,and we draw 2-2 ,its names in the hat

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I think going out after a lottery draw would be just deserts if we can't win today. I think this world cup is between Portugal, Argentina and Brazil. England would get spanked by any of those teams unless they really pull their fingers out

FOZ_1983
06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
1-0 England, rooney first half goal. It will be a very scrappy game, and slovenia will play well, be the better team.

Thats my prediction. Lets see how it goes by full time.

I've got my England shirt on and hoping a trip to the pub will be made (have to stay in at mo and wait for a delivery). Lets see how it goes for the 3 lions.

winny
06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm very unimpressed with England.. have been since they gave the job to Mclaren.

The England football teams main purpose seems to be generating money..

Top 10 teams by annual sponsorship income (this year)
1. England - £49.1m
2. Italy - £27.6m
3. France - £25.5m
4. Japan - £16.58m
5. Brazil - £16.57m
6. Germany - £10.4m
7. Spain - £8.7m
8. USA - £7.7m
9. Netherlands - £7.3m
10. Switzerland - £1.8m

It still amazes me that Tesco is the 'official Supermarket' of the England team... Why?

Until someone stands up and selects a side that is form over reputation then my support for them is only a passing interest. I'd love them to do well of course, but part of me would like to see them go the same way as france, because something in English football has to change.

I'm a United fan and it was clear to me that for the last 3 weeks of the season Rooney was f'ked. His battle with Drogba for top scorer just faded out .. Look at the last game of the season, Drogba scores a hat-trick Rooney gets taken off.

Bunch of overpaid egotistical mard arses. They should have a good long look at the 1990 side and remember that International football is about Pride and Passion.. Not growing a beard or sucking James f**king Corden's c*ck

Wow.. I'm quite angry about this!
Sorry.. Rant over

Come on England!

Davedog74
06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
go on winny,i know what your saying,but i too remember 90,we spawned it to the germany game ,played a blinder and lost,it was a good team tho
its giggsy fault if he played for us we might have some silverware,a class act.

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Right on Winny.
Funny you mentioned James Cordon. I don't hate a lot of people but he is near top of the list. He is such an obnoxious p**ck. I was hoping Patrick Stewart would chin him when he started to square up to him at that awards show.

I think including John Terry in the squad was a mistake after all the problems with his philandering. Not a great role model for the kids.

Gilly
06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Would have probably been better to have brought Bridge than Terry!
1hr 15 to squeaky bum time guys!

winny
06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
go on winny,i know what your saying,but i too remember 90,we spawned it to the germany game ,played a blinder and lost,it was a good team tho
its giggsy fault if he played for us we might have some silverware,a class act.

:)

I agree but we had Gazza and Beardsley, Waddle and Barnes who could all beat a man or 2 with a bit of skill (is it me or does Messi remind anyone else here of Beardsley? Messi's obviously better, but still...think it's the hips)

And it is Giggs fault.. sadly, just imagine...

This has to be the least 'skillfull' England team in a long time.

We should put Corden in goal.. (when I say 'put' I mean 'lie him in front of').
The fat f**k.

Gilly
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
:

The fat f**k.

make that gaol Winny! Or if we win have a big 'corden' hogroast barbeque. He'd feed most of the country

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 12:59 PM
:)

The fat f**k.

LMAO that's brilliant

Davedog74
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
well thatl do chaps,wish we could of got a second goal,but that wouldnt be england
is rooney stoned?he looks away with the fairies
but james cordon will be happy,and thats the most important thing
well done usa

mattd27
06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Well a win's a win, no matter how many goals were scored that's what it comes down to in the end. Glad the USA made it too, I felt like they somewhat deserved it. They've improved a lot and people over here are starting to back them more too.

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Congrats to USA. Although that result means we will probably play Germany now. Why do we always have to play Germany. It's like it's written

Davedog74
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
too right matt,the usa game against slovenia was a cracking game,2nd best game iv seen so far

FOZ_1983
06-23-2010, 04:51 PM
1-0 England, rooney first half goal. It will be a very scrappy game, and slovenia will play well, be the better team.

Thats my prediction. Lets see how it goes by full time.

I've got my England shirt on and hoping a trip to the pub will be made (have to stay in at mo and wait for a delivery). Lets see how it goes for the 3 lions.

Was right :P sort of.

We played well, but some of the play was poor, and Barry wasn't to good.

Robotic Pope
06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
While we are talking about todays sporting news, how about that court 18 Wimbledon match!!!!! 59 games each in the final set, still I can hardly believe it. lol They had to turn off the electronic scoreboard because it passed its maximum game counter in one set. That is what you call epic. :D I kept whistling the tune of the never ending story. I just wonder how much longer it can last tomorrow? God knows how many records this match has broken. Its just incredible.

dkwookie
06-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Lampards goal.....like a BOP player who wont bail after spiraling from 10,000ft.

Absolutely livid with those officials

McQ59
06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah... Gotta kill'em up high. It's like it's methaphysical mate...

dkwookie
06-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Well the second half made any non goals irrelevant. England played like schoolboys

Davedog74
06-27-2010, 09:30 PM
sh*t
that, gentlemen, was the crunch

Balderz002
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
The England players totally choked. I only feel sorry for all the England fans who coughed up all that wonga to go out there and see it. What a waste of money that wouldve been!

mattd27
06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
The England players totally choked. I only feel sorry for all the England fans who coughed up all that wonga to go out there and see it. What a waste of money that wouldve been!

I don't know if chocked was the word, they just didn't play. I knew it was over in the first 5 minutes. They didn't seem to be trying, just passing the ball amongst themselves in the back and generally playing sloppy football. Christ, they're getting paid so much money the least they can do is make an effort. If I gave that performance in my job you can be damn sure I'd be fired!

For those of you living in England is the media ripping them to shreds over there?

winny
06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
I stand by everything I said earlier in this thread..

Germany were obviously better but I have to say something about the Lampard 'goal'.. It was very unfair and FIFA need to do something about the quality of the people they employ as refs and linesmen.

If it had been allowed it would have been a totally different game (2 goals in less than a min would change any game).. And that's the main reason I'm p'd, not because England lost but because we were denied the game that should have been.. Because someone can't do thier job properly.

There have been too many game changing moments ruined by officialas in this world cup.

dkwookie
06-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I saw some footage on sky sports earlier of the team getting off a plane. Ashley Cole was laughing his arse off. Nice to see the players take it so seriously. We have our armed forces dying in Afganistan and this bunch of pansies can't even show some pride and backbone kicking a ball around.
I won't support England again with this set of players and manager.
Fabio will sit in his 6 million a year job and the players can drown their sorrows in their mansions and ferraris. The supporters foot the bill. Sickening

Balderz002
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Fabio will sit in his 6 million a year job and the players can drown their sorrows in their mansions and ferraris. The supporters foot the bill. Sickening

Football supporters will soon forget all about this come the start of the Premier League season. I bet all the players will be back to their old selves aswel! I mean, remember Cristiano Ronaldo after the last time, England fans wouldve killed him after that game, but 1 month into the following season, he was the fans favorite again......

Gilly
06-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Football supporters will soon forget all about this come the start of the Premier League season. I bet all the players will be back to their old selves aswel! I mean, remember Cristiano Ronaldo after the last time, England fans wouldve killed him after that game, but 1 month into the following season, he was the fans favorite again......

hence why we where so f'ing shite. Too much emphasis placed on club before country. I'm pretty sure Chelsea will welcome Terry back, Liverpool Gerrard and Salford united Shrek without a second thought, wonder how 'tired' they'll be on their swanky Asian pre-season tours. I can honestly say as an English man I've never held my head in shame until this world cup. We deserved everything we got and probably more.

BRIGGBOY
06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
i think that is the problem gilly, we have the longest season in europe and then when a major tournament comes along the players are shafted. i am not defending the players as they just shut down after the ungiven goal, i think the FA needs to totally look at why we are in this state. also stop giving such long contracts to the england managers as the last two we have had are only here for the money.

Robotic Pope
06-29-2010, 12:12 AM
I stand by everything I said earlier in this thread..

Germany were obviously better but I have to say something about the Lampard 'goal'.. It was very unfair and FIFA need to do something about the quality of the people they employ as refs and linesmen.

If it had been allowed it would have been a totally different game (2 goals in less than a min would change any game).. And that's the main reason I'm p'd, not because England lost but because we were denied the game that should have been.. Because someone can't do thier job properly.

There have been too many game changing moments ruined by officialas in this world cup.

You've got that completely wrong about the refs and linesman. They are people, thus they make mistakes, and you will always have some that are better than others. It is ridiculus with the amount of money at stake to put so much in one or two mens split second decicion. Sepp Blatter is a fool to ignore technology, every sport which now uses video replay or other technology for making descions has become better and more fair and also more exiting to watch. His reasoning for not having it is just laughable. After this non goal and the offside goal in the other game where they accidently showed a replay on the big screen which made the linesman try to correct his error, Fifa and Football as a whole has been made to look stupid and WAAAY behind the times.

winny
06-29-2010, 06:58 AM
You've got that completely wrong about the refs and linesman. They are people, thus they make mistakes, and you will always have some that are better than others. It is ridiculus with the amount of money at stake to put so much in one or two mens split second decicion. Sepp Blatter is a fool to ignore technology, every sport which now uses video replay or other technology for making descions has become better and more fair and also more exiting to watch. His reasoning for not having it is just laughable. After this non goal and the offside goal in the other game where they accidently showed a replay on the big screen which made the linesman try to correct his error, Fifa and Football as a whole has been made to look stupid and WAAAY behind the times.

I agree with everything you say except the bit where you say I'm wrong.
There are too many refs and linesmen from poor leagues. If the best footballers are (supposedly) present then we should also have the best officials.. not just quotas from all the countries but fifa wont do this because they are idiots.

winny
06-29-2010, 07:02 AM
i think that is the problem gilly, we have the longest season in europe and then when a major tournament comes along the players are shafted. i am not defending the players as they just shut down after the ungiven goal, i think the FA needs to totally look at why we are in this state. also stop giving such long contracts to the england managers as the last two we have had are only here for the money.

Has there been any current premier league player that has looked any good at this world cup? I can't think of any.. It would appear that most of them are in some way broken.. Too much emphasis on pace and power?

EDIT: I forgot about Tevez.. the little shit.

f1rebrand
06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
http://bit.ly/dcqwrd

Balderz002
06-29-2010, 10:20 AM
I heard/read somewhere that the qualifying for this World Cup, England were the top scoring European team, and also, it was the most successful qualification in Englands history. At the end of the day, the buck stops with the 11 players on the pitch.

We were not the only country to underperform, both France and Italy didnt get past the groups, Think about what the Italian press must be saying, as they were the holders, and finished bottom, behind the part timers of New Zealand!

Bring back Pierluigi Colina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davedog74
06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
capello has won 70 %of his games in charge,so i dont think its him,i think the players should be fined when they lose,our so called golden team is called that because of their wages,not because of their sucess on the pitch,
why change the ball ?shouldnt they use the ball they qualified with,and a decent pitch to play on would be good

and them bloody horns
to be fair though, the germans played some good football,and deserved the win.ive not heard anyone say that on t.v (dont read papers/comics)
even if we won,we werent gonna beat messi anyway,trust me im an arsrenal fan ,i know

mattd27
06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Instant replay really does need to be added. I've not supported it in the past because one of things I like about the game is the smooth, mostly uninterrupted play. In American football they have instant replay reviews that can go on for minutes while the refs try to make a decision.

But after this world cup I think everyone can see that the benefits of instant replay would outdo any setbacks. After that the only other thing they need to fix is the players diving, it really is just bad sportsmanship at it's worst.
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/ae/Italy_soccer_dive.gif
^lol

Davedog74
06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
too right matt,its getting worse,these men are meant to be athletes,they fall about like they have been shot,
fact is refs get things wrong,a lot,and they get conned,a lot
time to sort it out,its the 21st century

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4CXY6TVBMc&feature=related

dkwookie
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
too right matt,its getting worse,these men are meant to be athletes,they fall about like they have been shot,
fact is refs get things wrong,a lot,and they get conned,a lot
time to sort it out,its the 21st century

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4CXY6TVBMc&feature=related

Couldn't agree more. Some of the dives and rolling around then making card signals at the refs has made me sick. Bunch of overpayed pansies. I would love to see how they would react if really hurt.
I saw a news article of amputee servicemen playing handball in a gym. These football players should look at that for inspiration.
I think I have overdosed on this all now. 2 weeks of this gamesmanship gets wearing. Like an 30 minute match on BOP with the bomb suicide trick being pulled every kill