PDA

View Full Version : just for fun, How would you paint your aircraft

arkbird22
06-22-2010, 04:59 AM
If you Could have a custom skin for your plane how would it be?

These is how I would have my fighter

Gilly
06-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Would you dare.....

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/paulcgill/e8410284.jpg

vdomini
06-22-2010, 09:45 AM

Purple and yellow camouflage :-)
Good when flying over betelgeuse IV forest!!

:rolleyes:

dkwookie
06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Would you dare.....

That's an offence to the RAF! Is it some kind of Barbie/Action Man crossover?

olife
06-22-2010, 10:22 AM

nice thread

olife
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Would you dare.....

nice recon plane gilly

here is a profile of it

Gilly
06-22-2010, 10:53 AM
That's an offence to the RAF! Is it some kind of Barbie/Action Man crossover?

Sadly mate it was used as a recon as Olife says. It blended perfectly with cloud apparently! I have a book that has further info that I'll try an dig out

Vulcan607
06-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Met flight spitfire piloted by shortie longbottom

FOZ_1983
06-22-2010, 01:18 PM
The pink Spitfire was for low level recon i believe, to (as pointed out) blend in (very well to) with a background of low level cloud. Ugly but effective.........

Proves that its more of a womans plane, while the Hurricane was for the men ;) haha.

For me i'd have one of the following Camo's

1) YB-W as in my sig picture, the aircraft of Flying Officer Harold Bird-Wilson of No 17 Squadron during the Battle of Britain. Throughout the Battle, No17 Squadron was in the thick of the action over southern England, mainly based at Debden and Tangmere. ‘Birdy’ had previously had a pre-war flying accident in which he was badly burned, becoming one of the earliest aircrew ‘guinea pig’ patients of the famous, pioneering plastic surgeon, Sir Archibald McIndoe. After his recovery he joined No 17 Squadron in April 1940 and fought continuously through the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain, achieving 6 confirmed kills, sharing in the destruction of several others and being awarded a DFC. His luck ran out on 24th September when he became Adolf Galland’s 40th victim and had to bale out of a flaming YB-W over the channel.

2)

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/FOZ1983/35501sv1.jpg

He was 23 years old and a Flight Lieutenant in 249 Squadron, Royal Air Force during the Second World War when he was awarded the Victoria Cross. On 16 August 1940 near Southampton, England, Nicolson's Hurricane was fired on by a Messerschmitt Bf 110, injuring the pilot in one eye and one foot. His engine was also damaged and the petrol tank set alight. As he struggled to leave the blazing machine he saw another Messerschmitt, and managing to get back into the bucket seat, pressed the firing button and continued firing until the enemy plane dived away to destruction. Not until then did he bail out, and he was able to open his parachute in time to land safely in a field. On his descent, he was fired on by excited Home Guard troops, who ignored his cry of being a RAF pilot. The VC was gazetted on 15 November 1940

olife
06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
The pink Spitfire was for low level recon i believe, to (as pointed out) blend in (very well to) with a background of low level cloud. Ugly but effective.........

Proves that its more of a womans plane, while the Hurricane was for the men ;) haha.

For me i'd have one of the following Camo's

1) YB-W as in my sig picture, the aircraft of Flying Officer Harold Bird-Wilson of No 17 Squadron during the Battle of Britain. Throughout the Battle, No17 Squadron was in the thick of the action over southern England, mainly based at Debden and Tangmere. ‘Birdy’ had previously had a pre-war flying accident in which he was badly burned, becoming one of the earliest aircrew ‘guinea pig’ patients of the famous, pioneering plastic surgeon, Sir Archibald McIndoe. After his recovery he joined No 17 Squadron in April 1940 and fought continuously through the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain, achieving 6 confirmed kills, sharing in the destruction of several others and being awarded a DFC. His luck ran out on 24th September when he became Adolf Galland’s 40th victim and had to bale out of a flaming YB-W over the channel.

2)

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/FOZ1983/35501sv1.jpg

He was 23 years old and a Flight Lieutenant in 249 Squadron, Royal Air Force during the Second World War when he was awarded the Victoria Cross. On 16 August 1940 near Southampton, England, Nicolson's Hurricane was fired on by a Messerschmitt Bf 110, injuring the pilot in one eye and one foot. His engine was also damaged and the petrol tank set alight. As he struggled to leave the blazing machine he saw another Messerschmitt, and managing to get back into the bucket seat, pressed the firing button and continued firing until the enemy plane dived away to destruction. Not until then did he bail out, and he was able to open his parachute in time to land safely in a field. On his descent, he was fired on by excited Home Guard troops, who ignored his cry of being a RAF pilot. The VC was gazetted on 15 November 1940

thanks a lot foz for this real story

just to add the usa paint their recon spits in blue and maybe the raf spits were in blue color too but for sure the raf recon spits were in pink

winny
06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
I'd strip the paint..

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/5286/mains/SpitfireChromedark.jpg

I'd be very dead very quickly but I'd look pretty cool.. and that's what counts right?

bobbysocks
06-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Taken in late 44 these 16 Sq PR-IX's use a captured airfield from the Luftwaffe, note the cleverly camouflaged hanger.
These pink Spitfires were used to take low-level oblique pictures on days when there were some clouds, near sunset or sunrise,these aircraft were also used for dropping pictures and messages to field headquarters by placing them into the old 44 gallon-size drop tanks, and dropping the tank from just above the ground

bobbysocks
06-22-2010, 04:31 PM
a guy made these for me before i knew you couldnt swap skins in BoP. guess when i go PC i will have stuff to play with.

dkwookie
06-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Well no pink for my Spitfire, I would go with this:
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/666871/80482350.jpg

olife
06-22-2010, 05:41 PM

waooow!very nice pic!!!!!!

olife
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
a guy made these for me before i knew you couldnt swap skins in BoP. guess when i go PC i will have stuff to play with.

very nice mustang!!

Soviet Ace
06-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I'd paint my Yak-3 like this http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/lugan1.jpg

Because after reading below about Sergiey Luganski, I'd want his Yak-3. :D (And the 'Ace's Ornament' they're speaking of, is the oak leaves and 32 on the nose. Why did I say Oil Cooler? :P)

On one of the days of May 1944 , Sergiey Luganski and his wingman took off on an important reconnaissance mission. While Viktor Usov accomplished his task of covering his commander, Luganski discovered some German tanks and armoured columns. They flew at low altitude in order to avoid enemy fighters. Having fulfilled their mission, the two Soviets entered their return flight. What they didn't notice was that a 'hidden' pair of Bf 109s followed them. Later, Luganski assumed they must have noticed the rich ace 'ornaments' on his Yakovlev, which made them decide to avoid an open confrontation, and instead seeking the chance in a surprise attack. They waited patiently, and when Luganski, having reduced the speed of his aircraft, started landing - they decided to hit.
The Ground control noticed the danger and warned both pilots by R/T. Viktor Usov turned sharply to defend his leader and soon he had shot the German wingman in flames. But just in that moment, the leader of the German section hit Usov's plane and he was forced to bail out. Now only the two leaders, the Russian and the German, remained in the air. The German pilot turned against Luganski. The Soviet ace was just coming in to land. A small touch down with lowered landing gears probably saved his life. A stream of enemy rounds passed slightly above his plane. While closing his landing gears, Luganski entered combat. Following his first run, the German climbed to make his next attack. He had the advantage - Luganski was flying slowly at deck. The Bf 109 came after him again and opened fire. Several shells slammed into Luganski's Yak. The canopy and instruments panel were damaged, but the plane still was able to fight.
Luganski, noticing the top class of his adversary and aware that his own aircraft was almost out of fuel, realized that he had only one chance of surviving - to use the Yak's superior horizontal. The German pilot, obviously certain of his success, entered a turn fight. After few very sharp rounds, Luganski had the Bf 109 in his gun sight. A fire burst shattered the German’s cockpit hood, injured the pilot and cut the engine power off. The German aircraft slid in the air for a moment, then it made a belly-landing 3 kms from the Soviet airfield. Soviet soldier rushed to capture him and suddenly the hunter had become the prey. Luganski saw this and a few minutes later he landed on nothing but fuel fumes. The duel had lasted no more than 7 minuts long, but it was enough to completely exhaust Luganski. The German pilot was captured: It turned out that his name was Otto. On his killboard were 70 victories, including 30 on Eastern Front. He had just been appointed for the Oak Leaves to his Knight’s Cross. Next day the commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front, Marshal I.S. Koniev arrived at airfield. He inspected the wreck of the German ace’s Bf 109, and decided to award Luganski a second Golden Star, so Luganski received his second Soviet Hero title on 1 July 1944. By that time, his victory score had rosen to 33, achieved during 335 combat sorties.

olife
06-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I'd paint my Yak-3 like this http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/lugan1.jpg

Because after reading below about Sergiey Luganski, I'd want his Yak-3. :D (And the 'Ace's Ornament' they're speaking of, is the oak leaves and 32 on the nose. Why did I say Oil Cooler? :P)

On one of the days of May 1944 , Sergiey Luganski and his wingman took off on an important reconnaissance mission. While Viktor Usov accomplished his task of covering his commander, Luganski discovered some German tanks and armoured columns. They flew at low altitude in order to avoid enemy fighters. Having fulfilled their mission, the two Soviets entered their return flight. What they didn't notice was that a 'hidden' pair of Bf 109s followed them. Later, Luganski assumed they must have noticed the rich ace 'ornaments' on his Yakovlev, which made them decide to avoid an open confrontation, and instead seeking the chance in a surprise attack. They waited patiently, and when Luganski, having reduced the speed of his aircraft, started landing - they decided to hit.
The Ground control noticed the danger and warned both pilots by R/T. Viktor Usov turned sharply to defend his leader and soon he had shot the German wingman in flames. But just in that moment, the leader of the German section hit Usov's plane and he was forced to bail out. Now only the two leaders, the Russian and the German, remained in the air. The German pilot turned against Luganski. The Soviet ace was just coming in to land. A small touch down with lowered landing gears probably saved his life. A stream of enemy rounds passed slightly above his plane. While closing his landing gears, Luganski entered combat. Following his first run, the German climbed to make his next attack. He had the advantage - Luganski was flying slowly at deck. The Bf 109 came after him again and opened fire. Several shells slammed into Luganski's Yak. The canopy and instruments panel were damaged, but the plane still was able to fight.
Luganski, noticing the top class of his adversary and aware that his own aircraft was almost out of fuel, realized that he had only one chance of surviving - to use the Yak's superior horizontal. The German pilot, obviously certain of his success, entered a turn fight. After few very sharp rounds, Luganski had the Bf 109 in his gun sight. A fire burst shattered the German’s cockpit hood, injured the pilot and cut the engine power off. The German aircraft slid in the air for a moment, then it made a belly-landing 3 kms from the Soviet airfield. Soviet soldier rushed to capture him and suddenly the hunter had become the prey. Luganski saw this and a few minutes later he landed on nothing but fuel fumes. The duel had lasted no more than 7 minuts long, but it was enough to completely exhaust Luganski. The German pilot was captured: It turned out that his name was Otto. On his killboard were 70 victories, including 30 on Eastern Front. He had just been appointed for the Oak Leaves to his Knight’s Cross. Next day the commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front, Marshal I.S. Koniev arrived at airfield. He inspected the wreck of the German ace’s Bf 109, and decided to award Luganski a second Golden Star, so Luganski received his second Soviet Hero title on 1 July 1944. By that time, his victory score had rosen to 33, achieved during 335 combat sorties.

really great bud!!!
thanks for this great and interesting story

The_Goalie_94
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Would you dare.....

Man i wouldn't dogfight a pink plane, because i know someone badass is flying. And badass' usually are the ones who end up winning.

The_Goalie_94
06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I would paint my plane black, with a shark mouth, and maybe some D-DAY stripes and some checkered in their too.

kozzm0
06-23-2010, 02:42 AM

Not me... they painted that thing to look like an eagle but it looks more like a badly mutated duck

If I was gonna paint my plane, I would paint it invisible