PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 ylod... <.<

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
06-22-2010, 04:40 AM
OK, I got a problem. My PS3 just got the yellow light of death, YAY! This means I lost every single plane I had previously unlocked. Awesome eh? So I was wondering if there was anyone who could hook me up with a save file, preferably with all the planes unlocked, just so I don't have to go through that painstaking process again :evil: :grin:

winny
06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
There's one on here somewhere.. do a search for savedata and you should find a post where InfiniteStates has zipped up his save file..

Be warned tho, you'll lose the ability to save anything.. Which means you have to go in and change your settings (unless they are the same as in the save file) everytime you play. You also lose the ability to earn trophies.

It's not a huge problem but it's annoying.

EDIT: the file is in this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11443&highlight=savedata)

dkwookie
06-22-2010, 10:11 AM
There's one on here somewhere.. do a search for savedata and you should find a post where InfiniteStates has zipped up his save file..

Be warned tho, you'll lose the ability to save anything.. Which means you have to go in and change your settings (unless they are the same as in the save file) everytime you play. You also lose the ability to earn trophies.

EDIT: the file is in this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11443&highlight=savedata)

When my PS3 died I just started again. I actually enjoyed getting planes back. The only one I am struggling to get back is the B17. I usually fly fighter cover in strike.
I can't even remember to switch my settings when switching from realistic to arcade so the issues Winny mentioned would drive me nuts

BRIGGBOY
06-22-2010, 12:19 PM
yeah when my phat one died i was fcking furious all them hours unlocking pathetic little 50kg bombs for a plane i never use or ever will use but when i calmed down i decided to only unlock the planes i use and that didnt take long at all

MACADEMIC
06-22-2010, 12:33 PM
yeah when my phat one died i was fcking furious all them hours unlocking pathetic little 50kg bombs for a plane i never use or ever will use but when i calmed down i decided to only unlock the planes i use and that didnt take long at all

Same here, when my BOP game stopped working due to the Feb29 error, I reformatted my PS3 perhaps a little too quickly which of course didn't help but destroyed my gamefile (BOP is the only game I play).

Also found that getting the planes I want back after the PS Network resumed working didn't take long at all. I found it even enjoyable to revisit those campaigns in Simulator this time.

P-51
06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
First try the hairdrier trick. Do you have any games stuck? Will you be getting a new one asap?

vdomini
06-23-2010, 09:22 AM
OK, I got a problem. My PS3 just got the yellow light of death, YAY! This means I lost every single plane I had previously unlocked. Awesome eh? So I was wondering if there was anyone who could hook me up with a save file, preferably with all the planes unlocked, just so I don't have to go through that painstaking process again :evil: :grin:

Hello,

I am sorry, what is the yellow light of death? Sounds like the ring of death that affected the xbox360....

I do have the slim ps3 ( bought last chrismas ) can it affect my ps3 too?

Thanks

BRIGGBOY
06-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Hello,

I am sorry, what is the yellow light of death? Sounds like the ring of death that affected the xbox360....

I do have the slim ps3 ( bought last chrismas ) can it affect my ps3 too?

Thanks

it is the same type of thing as the red ring of death but it only kills the phat models

vdomini
06-23-2010, 05:09 PM
it is the same type of thing as the red ring of death but it only kills the phat models

Alright thanks for telling me friend. :-)

Gilly
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/paulcgill/cf836b35.jpg

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
06-25-2010, 05:18 AM

Life. Saver/ :) Thanks for the help man.

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
06-25-2010, 05:19 AM
First try the hairdrier trick. Do you have any games stuck? Will you be getting a new one asap?

No games stuck, already bought a new slim. :)

P-51
06-25-2010, 10:18 AM
If you have still got the old one it might be possable to transfer data.

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
06-25-2010, 07:38 PM
If you have still got the old one it might be possable to transfer data.

Nope, I had a 20 GB before but about a year and a half ago I upgraded to a 250 GB HDD. When I got my slim I put my 250 GB HDD in and took out the standard one. This of course re-formatted my HDD... lol Whatever, I don't care about earning trophies or saving my settings. I just want all the planes without having to unlock them =. And now I get to fly the B-17 o.O :D

P-51
06-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Nope, I had a 20 GB before but about a year and a half ago I upgraded to a 250 GB HDD. When I got my slim I put my 250 GB HDD in and took out the standard one. This of course re-formatted my HDD... lol Whatever, I don't care about earning trophies or saving my settings. I just want all the planes without having to unlock them =. And now I get to fly the B-17 o.O :D

That is bloody annoying! Want to fly then say! :D

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
06-26-2010, 05:11 AM
Dammit, the save doesn't work..... Is it a UK save or something?

P-51
06-26-2010, 11:38 AM
What region are you?

winny
06-26-2010, 11:59 AM
It is a uk save..

I didn't realise it was region specific.

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
What region are you?

US, I don't think Canada has its own region.

McQ59
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
My dear old fat PS3 60gb gave me the YLOD last weekend. It happend in the middle of a dogfight. All just went black... Disc stuck inside and all!
My hole BOP-life went down the cyberdrain in a yellow blink. At least I thought so, but then I made a deal with the Devil in me and disassembled the hole f*#in' box. To get it together again I searched the net and found hundreds of very helping hands. After all, I'm not the only one with the ylod-experience.
After doing the "hairdryer-trick" (I used a heatgun) and reapplying thermal paste to the cpu and the gpu (I think thats what they are called), I finally got the box together. And it worked!

I'm flying again!

KAV
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
My dear old fat PS3 60gb gave me the YLOD last weekend. It happend in the middle of a dogfight. All just went black... Disc stuck inside and all!
My hole BOP-life went down the cyberdrain in a yellow blink. At least I thought so, but then I made a deal with the Devil in me and disassembled the hole f*#in' box. To get it together again I searched the net and found hundreds of very helping hands. After all, I'm not the only one with the ylod-experience.
After doing the "hairdryer-trick" (I used a heatgun) and reapplying thermal paste to the cpu and the gpu (I think thats what they are called), I finally got the box together. And it worked!

I'm flying again!

Dr. McQ59
Congrats mate !
So this is the reason to your absence ! I thought you to were lost in the mud crawling of CoD or tarmac burning of GT5 !

Good to hear you managed to fix it, keep the recipe for this safe.
Looking forward to c u in the skies mate.

McQ59
12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm up for a mission or two this weekend my friend.
I can't drive fast cars or crawl in dirt. BOP is is my recreation.
If u ever get the ylod, call me :-)

Korsakov829
12-02-2010, 03:13 PM
A friend got this a few months back, he reapplyed the thermal paste and placed small packets of dry ice inside. Its worth a try.

Akula
12-02-2010, 05:40 PM

I'm flying again!

Congratulations on getting your system to work.

Just a heads up - It may be a good idea to get a new PS3 while your YLOD-Fixed one still works & transfer the data over. The system probably will die again, VERY soon.

McQ59
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanx Akula. I will get a back-up for sure. In fact, the hole reason I took the box apart was to try to save my data.
That said, There has been reports about ps3's working for months after ylod-resurrectoin. And now that I know how to do it, I'll give it another try if it blinks at me again. I have feelings for my old fat little friend...

McQ59
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
A friend got this a few months back, he reapplyed the thermal paste and placed small packets of dry ice inside. Its worth a try.

Cool...:cool:

Davedog74
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
good job mate,can you fix my old zx spectrum, the j button doesnt work :)

McQ59
12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
good job mate,can you fix my old zx spectrum, the j button doesnt work :)

No worriers mate. Send it over ;)

Shadowcorp
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
No YLOD for me, but my blu ray drive has packed up after 2 and a half years of extensive use. Only option is a replacement costing just shy of 100 pounds. Safe to say i will not be able to play any disc based games untill after christmas.

KAV
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
No YLOD for me, but my blu ray drive has packed up after 2 and a half years of extensive use. Only option is a replacement costing just shy of 100 pounds. Safe to say i will not be able to play any disc based games untill after christmas.

So you think you have been a good boy, making Santa give you another for X-mas ?
Thats not what I have heard.

Shadowcorp
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
i most likely won't be getting a new one for xmas, and can not afford the repairs until the end of january, and yes kav it's been one hell of a week lol

bobbysocks
12-05-2010, 11:32 PM
can you get the piece you need on ebay?

McQ59
12-06-2010, 08:30 AM

Sorry to hear mate. When my machine died, I did a little search&research and found quite a bit of used stuff for ps3's around - and believe me mate; It's no trouble at all to change the bluraydrive. You'll do it in an hour.

Shadowcorp
12-08-2010, 03:31 PM
if it was anything other than the blu ray drive i would take a DIY approach, i already headed off the YLOD by changing cleaning my system and re-applying thermal paste, however every ps3 blu ray drive comes with a logic board unique to said ps3 this makes the job a little more confusing and fiddly, I am quite willing to pay for the work when it comes with a warranty. Anyways hopefully i should now with revised finances be back online before new year.

Chowbird2
12-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi guys, mine yellowlighted about a year ago. My kids and I took it apart and performed full-on Reflow surgery...it was better than General Hospital...had the whole kitchen table cleared with portable spotlights on tripods overhead...the FedEx guy came to the door and looked at us like we were nuts...I told him we were operating on the cat...he dropped the package and took off. It lasted about 3 weeks and yellow lighted again. Realizing my career as a cat surgeon was over, I sucked it up and took it to a place called GopherMods...who lucky for me happened to be in Minnesota. No probs since. Let me know if I can help.

drkdeath5000
12-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Havent been on here in over a year but figured id share my ylod experiences. I've had 2 ylod ps3's in total. 1st one i rang sony who sent me a refurb one for £150 ! 6 months later this refurb died making it my 2nd ylod, rang sony who wanted another £150. After being a little wiser this time i refused to pay the £150 and instead quoted the SOGA (sales of goods act), immediately they changed their tone and agreed to send me another refurb free of charge. A lot of people dont realise this but regardless of what the warranty says under the SOGA the ps3 has to last atleast 6 years, if it breaks within these 6 years due to a manufacturing fault the retailer you bought it from have to replace it or refund you. By law they have to and if they dont you can pursue down the small courts route.

p.s. this applies to the uk but id imagine the rest of the world or the eu atleast would have something similar in place to protect consumers.