PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Problem - Help Please!

MACADEMIC
06-21-2010, 09:47 AM
On one PS3 1st Generation with 60GB HD, BOP crashes and the PS3 goes back to home screen when trying to select and confirm either 'Custom' or 'Custom-PC' from Layouts (Path: Main Menu/Profile/Options/Controls/Layouts).

It's the first time we've come across this problem, which prevents customizing the PS3 controller.

What could be the problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Many thanks,

MAC

BRIGGBOY
06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
i dont want to alarm you mac but that sounds like the stuff my 1st gen 60gb was doing before i got the YLOD. i would be playing in a game then all of a sudden it would totally reset and go back to the home screne and play for about 30-40 mins then do it again

MACADEMIC
06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
i dont want to alarm you mac but that sounds like the stuff my 1st gen 60gb was doing before i got the YLOD. i would be playing in a game then all of a sudden it would totally reset and go back to the home screne and play for about 30-40 mins then do it again

Hi Brigg, it's not my PS3, it's Olife's. What is the YLOD, and how did you fix this problem?

BRIGGBOY
06-21-2010, 10:21 AM
the YLOD is the yellow light of death it is sonys version of the red ring of death and you can fix it yourself but it can keep coming back and with the phantom day bs happening a few weeks earlier i decided to ebay the phat and get a slim

P-51
06-21-2010, 10:30 AM
I suggest getting him to buy another one, transfer the data accross and flog the old one. It's only going to get worse from here on in. I had the YLOD too..

KAV
06-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Olife needs to save his BoP data asap :evil:

MACADEMIC
06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Couldn't it also have something to do with a corrupted game data file?

P-51
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Could be, tell him to make a new user and star the game. Go into the custom bit and try to change settings. If it works then it's the data. If not it the system.

Mage_016
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
After I left last night one simple thing came into my mind. Did Olife check condition of the disc? Is there any dirt or scratches in it.

olife
06-21-2010, 06:10 PM
hello guys

FIRST GREAT THANKS TO MAC AND GREAT THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS TO HELP ME.
i will follow your tips ,create a new user and hope it will be good...if no i m afraid i must buy an other ps3.
i have 15go of free space in my ps3 system,delete all the not important datas but no results.
other prob when i play online or offline with a game ,my tv screen become all black during 3 or 4 seconds a lot of time during 1 hour and after all become ok again,this prob is bigger in cod mw2 than in the others games and very important online,it happened once in il2.

great thanks again gentlemen

winny
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
hello guys

FIRST GREAT THANKS TO MAC AND GREAT THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS TO HELP ME.
i will follow your tips ,create a new user and hope it will be good...if no i m afraid i must buy an other ps3.
i have 15go of free space in my ps3 system,delete all the not important datas but no results.
other prob when i play online or offline with a game ,my tv screen become all black during 3 or 4 seconds a lot of time during 1 hour and after all become ok again,this prob is bigger in cod mw2 than in the others games and very important online,it happened once in il2.

great thanks again gentlemen

Get a new one quick (or start saving the cash).. and if you've a big enough USB memory stick then do a backup. Sounds like your PS3 is about to become an ex-ps3, bereft of life it will shuffle off this mortal coil.. etc etc
Seriouusly tho..
Do a backup
YLOD without a backup is quite traumatic!

olife
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
just to say my friend firepilote have the same prob than me when he want do his settings for controls!maybe it is because of the world ps3 crash of the few months ago...strange

olife
06-22-2010, 04:28 PM
firepilote is french too,maybe it is an angry martian attack who bet for the victory of the french football team in the world cup 2010!!!lol

sorry guys i need for a jokings,only a bad news...

MACADEMIC
06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
just to say my friend firepilote have the same prob...

Précisément, Watson!

;)

That was the clue I needed to solve this riddle. Why would it not work for the only two French pilots who use the pad in our Club?

I changed the System Language on my PS3 to Français, started up BOP, tried to customize the controls, BOP crashed and PS3 returned to Home Screen - BINGO!

The problem is NOT your game file or your PS3, but the localization of your game en Français! You can customize your Pad now by first changing the system language to English, starting up BOP and customizing your controls (as per instructions in this thread). Once you are finished, quit BOP, change your system language back to French, start up BOP and Voilà!

BOP WILL WORK with your customized controls in French, as long as you don't change anything. For changing, you must change your system language again.

Please also let firepilote know and help him to customize his pad!

See you soon,

MAC

PS: Very sorry the Equipe has to go home!

olife
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
précisément, watson!

;)

that was the clue i needed to solve this riddle. Why would it not work for the only two french pilots who use the pad in our club?

I changed the system language on my ps3 to français, started up bop, tried to customize the controls, bop crashed and ps3 returned to home screen - bingo!

The problem is not your game file or your ps3, but the localization of your game en français! You can customize your pad now by first changing the system language to english, starting up bop and customizing your controls (as per instructions in this thread). Once you are finished, quit bop, change your system language back to french, start up bop and voilà!

Bop will work with your customized controls in french, as long as you don't change anything. For changing, you must change your system language again.

Please also let firepilote know and help him to customize his pad!

See you soon,

mac

ps: Very sorry the equipe has to go home!

greeeeeeeeeeeeat thanks teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I will go now to try it and tell it to firepilote,hehe yes we can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u save the french ps3 bud

see u soon teacher

P-51
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Great to see it worked out for you mate :D

olife
06-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Great to see it worked out for you mate :D

thanks a lot reaper

...and sorry for my bad games with u in cta...i was really very bad

good hunting

P-51
06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
No problem mate, I wasn't playing my best myself, especially wit two LA-7's stuck to by rudder! It was still a good game!

olife
06-23-2010, 08:11 PM
No problem mate, I wasn't playing my best myself, especially wit two LA-7's stuck to by rudder! It was still a good game!

thanks gentleman!
good game

ps :a little question:your very nice p51 signature is a p51 of RAF 112 squadron?

P-51
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM
You too mate, happy to play with you anytime! :D

Yes, it's a 112 squadron P-51, if you want a similar sig (aircraft of you choice) say and I'll see what I can make!

olife
06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
You too mate, happy to play with you anytime! :D

Yes, it's a 112 squadron P-51, if you want a similar sig (aircraft of you choice) say and I'll see what I can make!

great thanks p51!!!!!!!!!!
very very sympathetic from u!!
this is a very nice signature