PDA

View Full Version : Jet Sim game?

P-51
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Well i heard on here a while back that there was a space on various websites for a modern Jet sim game. I cant remember the name of the game for the life of me.. Any one know what happened to it?

FOZ_1983
06-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Well i heard on here a while back that there was a space on various websites for a modern Jet sim game. I cant remember the name of the game for the life of me.. Any one know what happened to it?

Not quite sure what you mean.

Do you mean info on a new console game to be released thats a jet sim? If so all i can think of was when people mentioned "energy airforce" but it was pointed out that that game was infact already out and had been since xbox 360 launched and the title is "over G fighters" a modern jet sim and a very very good game even to this day.

Though i get the idea that this isnt what your talking about ;) haha

P-51
06-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Well, I remember on here that there was an Over-G type game talked about. Possibly a sequel?

I just want a new Jet sim for the PS3..

FOZ_1983
06-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Well, I remember on here that there was an Over-G type game talked about. Possibly a sequel?

I just want a new Jet sim for the PS3..

Yeah people were looknig for a sequel and had heard things, the sequel being "energy air force" but it turned out to be wrong, as the "sequel" was actually Over-G fighters and an xbox only game. hame really, you PS3 guys are missing out, its a superb game.

Their was a pre order slot on gamestations site for "janes advanced warfighter" that was listed as being released last month, but i could never find any info about it. Needless to say thats a no go now.

The only game i can think of thats due out thats a jet sim is tom clancy's hawx 2 which is later this year.

P-51
06-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Their was a pre order slot on gamestations site for "janes advanced warfighter" that was listed as being released last month, but i could never find any info about it. Needless to say thats a no go now.

Thats it! So by the looks of things that game doesnt exist anymore?

All i have is energy airforce on the PS2 (must complete that!), Ace combat never tickeled my fancy. Really would love to play a proper jet sim right now.

FOZ_1983
06-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Thats it! So by the looks of things that game doesnt exist anymore?

All i have is energy airforce on the PS2 (must complete that!), Ace combat never tickeled my fancy. Really would love to play a proper jet sim right now.

Nope its a no go. Shame really because "jane" is a good series of flying games. I check often enough for future releases but nothing shows thats a jet related game

P-51
06-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Well that is a real pitty.. Suppose ill have to get the old PS2 on and Taxi my F-16 out and go take down some stuff.

Jim di Griz
06-20-2010, 06:03 PM
If you are happy enough to stick with PS2 games until someone sees sense, then Heatseeker is a reasonable game, if you can abide the irritating storyline...

The only sim aspect about it is the 'professional' option over the arcade flight mode - you still get enemy targets as tagged, but the flight controls are more realistic. You also get to drop a nuke.

Soviet Ace
06-20-2010, 07:28 PM
The only good Jet Sim game I ever played, that wasn't arcade type controls or anything, was MiG Alley for the PC. (It's obviously not Modern Jets) but flying an F-86 or MiG-15bis over MiG Alley is really fun. Specially when you've got all the patches and stuff for the game.

Oh, well I also forgot about MiG-29 Fulcrum. (Nice name for a flight sim, right. ;)) It's all about modern jets. But once again, it's for PC. It came out in about '98 I think. So if you have a decent computer, it shouldn't be hard to get the game to run. I think you can find it on Steam for fairly cheap? It's got all sorts of jets to fly.

P-51
06-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Well ill take a look at those two, you know if they have PC demo's?

Soviet Ace
06-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Well ill take a look at those two, you know if they have PC demo's?

I don't think so. I bought them just on the fly, when I saw them at a store. I didn't even look into them when I bought them. Glad I did though, they were really fun. Specially MiG Alley.

mattd27
06-21-2010, 06:58 PM
I know Ace Combat isn't really considered a sim, but I quite enjoy it just for shits and giggles when I want to have some fun with jets.:)

Balderz002
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
the title is "over G fighters" a modern jet sim and a very very good game even to this day.

What a co-incidence! I picked this up for the first time in months the other day. Still have loads of a/c to unlock..... And it can be pretty annoying at times.... But I think its great!

Robotic Pope
06-22-2010, 12:56 AM
What a co-incidence! I picked this up for the first time in months the other day. Still have loads of a/c to unlock..... And it can be pretty annoying at times.... But I think its great!

yeah don't you just hate it in the campagne when enemy planes suddenly spawn on you.

Balderz002
06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
yeah don't you just hate it in the campagne when enemy planes suddenly spawn on you.

YES!!!! I got to the end in the campaign, but failed to unlock the f-22 and f-35, so had to go back and try again, and i am now stuck on the strategic mission on campaign 5, sinking the battle cruiser, and its doing my head in!

And i want to unlock the other mig-29 versions, but i cant be bothered to fly around in arena mode all day........