PDA

View Full Version : BOP World Cup

dkwookie
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
So we have regular players from France, Italy, Norway, Canada,USA, Germany, UK and New Zealand. I reckon we should do a tournament. Team battle knockout event with country based teams. 2 v 2 team battle structure. I know these tournaments are hard to organize but I think it's worth a try

I will put countries here based on volunteers in the thread

Norway: McQ and Kav
England A: P-51 and Winny
England B: Gilly and dkwookie
Scotland: Shadowcorp, Scotty
USA: Crosshair and Paralax
USA B: Ratman and Spinsir
France: Olife And tba
Italy: Vdomini And Er-machina

No participants:
Canada: ?? And ??
Germany: ?? and ??
Russia: ?? And ??
New Zealand: ?? And ??
Mexico: ?? And ??

Those are the countries I think we can get 2 players for. If I missed any let me know.
I would suggest 2 v 2 team battle on scicily daylight, 20 minutes 100 point limit. Planes are players choice

Match Schedule - First round Saturday 26th June at 10pm GMT

Match 1 - USA A vs Scotland
Match 2 - USA B vs Norway
Match 3 - England B vs England A
Match 4 - Italy vs France

Winners of Match 1 play winners of Match 2, winners of match 3 play winners of Match 4. Winners of those matches play the final

McQ59
06-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Great idea dk!

The Norwegian Wing is doing the training up high.

How do you think we can get this organized? Saturday Night Teambattles?

olife
06-19-2010, 05:53 PM
So we have regular players from France, Italy, Norway, Canada,USA, Germany, UK and New Zealand. I reckon we should do a tournament. Team battle knockout event with country based teams. 2 v 2 team battle structure. I know these tournaments are hard to organize but I think it's worth a try

one thing is sure,it must be easy for the french il2 players to be better than the french football team of the world cup 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!!

dkwookie
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Great idea dk!

The Norwegian Wing is doing the training up high.

How do you think we can get this organized? Saturday Night Teambattles?

Hi McQ yeah we can set it up to play matches ad hoc on Saturday nights. If we can get the teams sorted here we can plan the matches from there.
I figured Norway would be represented by you and Kav. If some countries have abundant number of players who want to take part perhaps we could have USA team a and b for example. I suggested 2 player teams because I think every country can field at least 2 players. I would also like to split the UK up but I don't know if we have 2 players from Scotland who are regulars.
Olife I feel your pain, England are just as bad at the moment!

olife
06-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi McQ yeah we can set it up to play matches ad hoc on Saturday nights. If we can get the teams sorted here we can plan the matches from there.
I figured Norway would be represented by you and Kav. If some countries have abundant number of players who want to take part perhaps we could have USA team a and b for example. I suggested 2 player teams because I think every country can field at least 2 players. I would also like to split the UK up but I don't know if we have 2 players from Scotland who are regulars.
Olife I feel your pain, England are just as bad at the moment!

thanks
but english team is able to do a goals,france no...exept with the hands
good luck england and to speak about the subject of your thread:very good idea

sloppy_clock
06-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Im guessing this is for PS3? If its being done on the xbox too, count me in from the UK.

The_Goalie_94
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
CANADA! Oh wait a second, were a hockey country!

bobbysocks
06-19-2010, 06:49 PM
sloppy.. goalie....we could try this for xbox...

P-51
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
You need a wingman there Dk? Happy to play midfeild!

dkwookie
06-19-2010, 07:37 PM
You need a wingman there Dk? Happy to play midfeild!

Cheers P51 you are in the team. You confused me with your sig saying swedish ace.
Yeah it's on PS3. Realistic mode

Gilly
06-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Put me on the subs bench Dk, or if you want to play a 1-1-1 formation I'll fly too!!!

dkwookie
06-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Put me on the subs bench Dk, or if you want to play a 1-1-1 formation I'll fly too!!!

Cool will do Gilly. I will put all the players from each country down and we can work out UK A UK B etc later

P-51
06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Cheers P51 you are in the team. You confused me with your sig saying swedish ace.

Sorry bout that, tis a joke from a while ago.
Just mail if you want practice guys!!

vdomini
06-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I am from italy i know another player from italy too named er-macina we might team togheter cool

dkwookie
06-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Ok vdomini I will put your names down.

Shadowcorp
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
i don't mind playing for england scotland or wales, being that i'm half scottish and i live in wales

Crosshair14
06-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Ill be in. USA. A Spitfire Mk 9 Or Bf-109 G-6(Im good with that plane on realistic).

scottyvt4
06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
i don't mind playing for england scotland or wales, being that i'm half scottish and i live in wales

me either gramps was from kent :) grandparentage and all that lol

but defo Scotland for me :P

dkwookie
06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Updated the lists. I think we can at least have a Scottish team with Shadow and Scotty. I don't think other regulars frequent the forum these days. Spinsir, Paralax and Joed. I will drop them a note on PSN to see if they fancy it. I was hoping to do a draw and get first matches up on Saturday if current players ok with that? I think the country scope may drop though

winny
06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Put me down as English then... A reserve.

I'd be a little more enthusiastic if it weren't for the 'waste of my flying time' that is known as Big Brother. At least an hour every night.. jeez.

dkwookie
06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I have been unwell so not been on PS3 much recently either Winny. I will add you to the list. I think looking at the list it's more 5 nations cup than world cup but if we can at least get USA and Canada then it should be a laugh

Crosshair14
06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I can only play on weekdays cause im busy on weekends at times. like Tuesday-Friday

Shadowcorp
06-22-2010, 02:18 AM
i'm sure we can get a french team in the mix just make it a red card offense to purposely crash, olife is a good guy and is prepared to bail and petterman is a great pilot, we might bee able to get a japanese team onboard also... this i will have to make further inquires about though

dkwookie
06-22-2010, 10:03 AM
i'm sure we can get a french team in the mix just make it a red card offense to purposely crash, olife is a good guy and is prepared to bail and petterman is a great pilot, we might bee able to get a japanese team onboard also... this i will have to make further inquires about though

Good idea shadow, I was discussing this with Spinsir and we talked about Tigyo. Not seen her on BOP for a while now though.
Olife, do you want to represent France? If so can you get a team mate?

olife
06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Good idea shadow, I was discussing this with Spinsir and we talked about Tigyo. Not seen her on BOP for a while now though.
Olife, do you want to represent France? If so can you get a team mate?

hello mate

thanks very honored by your invite,don' t know if i will have a time to play cause play a lot in sim ,play in the p51 mustang purist sim club of macademic and family life but tell me when u want to do those games,i will do the maximun to play
good game shadowcorp last night
good hunting guys

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks for representing France Olife. I have put you down along with a tba team mate.

Ratman has jumped in for USA along with Spin and Paralax.

Ok so we now have 6 countries represented with enough players to form 2 teams for USA and England. I think to add some spice we have England A and B and same with USA. I reckon we go with this rosta. Any objections? If ok I will draw lots for matches and run it Saturday coming.

Gilly
06-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for representing France Olife. I have put you down along with a tba team mate.

Ratman has jumped in for USA along with Spin and Paralax.

Ok so we now have 6 countries represented with enough players to form 2 teams for USA and England. I think to add some spice we have England A and B and same with USA. I reckon we go with this rosta. Any objections? If ok I will draw lots for matches and run it Saturday coming.

No prob for me, as long as we play with the same heart and spirit as england we'll be fine......

dkwookie
06-23-2010, 09:46 AM
No prob for me, as long as we play with the same heart and spirit as england we'll be fine......

I would rather we play with the passion and spirit of the New Zealand team. They have done their country proud. Our team of overpayed pampered club players need to take a leaf out of their book.

dkwookie
06-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I did a blind draw this morning to define England and USA teams A and B. Came out as follows:

England team A - P51 and Winny
England team B - Gilly and Dkwookie
USA team A - Crosshair and Paralax
USA team B - Ratman and Spinsir

This was done blindly with names on folded paper. I have the teams in a hat and will put the matches up shortly. Matches to take place on Saturday 26th June

Update: Draw for matches done, posted in first message

Crosshair14
06-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I did a blind draw this morning to define England and USA teams A and B. Came out as follows:

England team A - P51 and Winny
England team B - Gilly and Dkwookie
USA team A - Crosshair and Paralax
USA team B - Ratman and Spinsir

This was done blindly with names on folded paper. I have the teams in a hat and will put the matches up shortly. Matches to take place on Saturday 26th June

Update: Draw for matches done, posted in first message

Is it today? If so I cant do it today? I'm going somewhere today that might take the whole day.

Davedog74
06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
pork pie sausage roll
come on England ,score goal!

dkwookie
06-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Is it today? If so I cant do it today? I'm going somewhere today that might take the whole day.

No it's Saturday. I think 10pm is peak time if everyone can make it then? If not we play matches we can and play it by ear. Hope everone can make it. Poor draw for England team against each other!

Crosshair14
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
No it's Saturday. I think 10pm is peak time if everyone can make it then? If not we play matches we can and play it by ear. Hope everone can make it. Poor draw for England team against each other!

O still Im busy Saturday. Maby tuesday.

Gilly
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll speak with Cranny, Bman, chameleon et al to see if they could make Saturday. I think skelatore, dan maybe dannybomber may be up for representing Canada. Was hoping to speak with skelatore last night but he didn't appear.

McQ59
06-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Hey guys - I'll be on for the BoP-WC on saturday around 10 pm. Really look forward to this! Hope my wingman KAV will be on too.

It'll sure be a laugh!

dkwookie
06-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Cheers McQ yeah hoping for some good matches with national pride at stake! I mailed the US guys last night and they will be there. Crosshair, as you cant make it on Saturday I have asked Bmanace to sub in for you.

scottyvt4
06-26-2010, 06:00 PM
think im going to have to pull out last minute injury.......... didnt realise that this was tonight ................. ive been clocking up too many air hours and getting some grief from the misses about it!!!!!

appologies guys - shadow was looking forward to this aswell

dkwookie
06-26-2010, 06:17 PM
No worries Scotty. I reckon postpone to next weekend. Perhaps it was bit short notice trying to do it tonight.

Shadowcorp
06-26-2010, 07:59 PM
thanks wookie didn't want to have to forfiet, plus give me some more time to practice

scottyvt4
06-29-2010, 07:18 PM
thanks wookie didn't want to have to forfiet, plus give me some more time to practice

more like i need the practise shadow lol ;)

KAV
06-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I am on, and will be McQs left leg :-P

dkwookie
07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Ok thinking this Saturday for this. Let's see how many matches we can get going.

BRIGGBOY
07-02-2010, 11:41 PM
come on england do your nation proud.

Drvn1
07-03-2010, 01:01 AM
sloppy.. goalie....we could try this for xbox...

Are we doing this for X box too? If so i want in if i can still join.. I can fly for USA, Italy or Germany.. My family is German and Italian but i was raised here.. so pick one lol

McQ59
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I am on, and will be McQs left leg :-P

Hey mate... We've kicked a few, haven't we :)

Crosshair14
07-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I wont be on Il-2 all this week on July 4th. Cause Im camping.

KAV
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey mate... We've kicked a few, haven't we :)

Sure we have, and after last night I would love to have the French team in our first fight :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::e vil::evil:

McQ59
07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Spot on KAV. Ridiculous behaviour. Quitters, host my...

scottyvt4
07-04-2010, 06:13 PM
sh*t sorry for a no show ........... im on emergency standby cover and got called into work at 7.30 (gmt) got finished near 1am

appologies to all - mainly shadow my partner