PDA

View Full Version : Sony E3 2010 Conference 2 hours

Irishmandkg
06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Looking forward for whatever they announce. Anyone else watching e3? :grin:

Jim di Griz
06-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Yup, went in and watched an hour or so of Sony's hype 'n' glory spectacular - I must say it seems on the gaming front to be well exciting stuff, leastways from the bit I saw.

I also liked the PS3 Move direction - that should make joysticks pretty redundant for games like Sturmovik. I suppose we'll have to wait on a sequel though because only recently released PS3 games will have the Move compatability when it launches in the autumn.

dkwookie
06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Twisted metal looked great. The helicopter action on show looked great. I particularly liked that you can jump on the door minigun.

I think the real news of the show was earlier on when Nintendo showed off the new 3DS handheld. An air combat game with PS2 quality graphics in 3D on the go, sign me up!

Jim di Griz
06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, a lot of older games seem to be returning now - rumours of Glitch in the System have been around for awhile, more Time Splitters is on the way though I'd like to see Battle Engine Aquilla getting a revamp too!

Hopefully Sturmovik's sequel will also go all 3D too - though I hope the glasses will be big enough for old codgers like myself who already need to wear glasses to see with...

dkwookie
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
I see HAWKS 2 was announced too.
There were some great old school games in the show. Cream of the crop for me was the remake of Goldeneye. That would temp me to buy a Wii for. Great memories of that on the N64. One of the 4 games in my life I have spent months playing to death, others being BoP, Halo and Street Fighter 2

Shadowcorp
06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
HAWKS 2 ...... (extended silence)
twisted metal looked awesome, So did dc online.
Too may sequels this year though didn't see many original games