PDA

View Full Version : Strike problems

crjav8er
06-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Hello all,

I am quite new to the game and am having incredible difficulty destroying ground targets in strike. I have no problem destroying them in single player though. I seem to unload 20-30 bombs on a target over several passes and never quite hit it. I put the crosshairs right on the roof of the target and no dice....I am on PS3 and have tried dive bombing as well as level bombing with no luck.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

olife
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Hello all,

I am quite new to the game and am having incredible difficulty destroying ground targets in strike. I have no problem destroying them in single player though. I seem to unload 20-30 bombs on a target over several passes and never quite hit it. I put the crosshairs right on the roof of the target and no dice....I am on PS3 and have tried dive bombing as well as level bombing with no luck.

Thanks!

hello

i m on ps3 too and i have the same problem...i don't understand why
sorry i haven' t tips

Gilly
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I think the issue you're having online is probably more down to the fact that the targets are harder to destroy than in single and added to that the bomber you're using. To destroy one ground target on say the uk map ( not ship) takes around 10,000lbs approximately (9,000lbs if really accurate) and as such the only real bombers that can actually have a significant impact on them are the arado (3x500kg (approx 3x1500lbs) or the B17 8x1000lbs. Whilst the he111 can drop a reasonable load it's too flimsy for me to consider using it in all but historica games. You may have more luck using the korsun, Ardennes or winter in Stalingrad maps as in those you can 'spread' bomb due to the proximity to one another of the targets and therefore progressively knock 2/3 targets down as opposed to just the one. On the rest it's down to just sheer determination. Btw the Berlin strike map has a glitch which needs you to bomb your own target should it happen!

crjav8er
06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Ok, that makes sense. I guess it will be difficult to unlock some of the aircraft due to the low bomb payloads of the aircraft you use to unlock them.

bobbysocks
06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
welcome to the forum crjav8er.

Crosshair14
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Hello all,

Thanks!

Im on PS3 and I go online but it doesn't happen to me. But I thinks its just the crosswindsblowing the bombs off target.To make acuate bombing raid low level straight drop pay load and quickly pull up so the bombs wont kill u.

Robotic Pope
06-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Im on PS3 and I go online but it doesn't happen to me. But I thinks its just the crosswindsblowing the bombs off target.To make acuate bombing raid low level straight drop pay load and quickly pull up so the bombs wont kill u.

So you are saying you are able to blow up bunkers in strike matches with... say an Il-2M using only ONE 100kg bomb, just like you do in singleplayer? lol

Oh how I only wish that was possible. I would have easily got my weapon collector achievement months ago :-P

Read Gilly's post, He is spot on.

Gilly
06-15-2010, 07:36 AM

Cross winds??? You must have a more recently patched version that the rest of us PS3 players!
As for the low level I'd actually say you can be much more accurate and successful from higher altitudes

Crosshair14
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
So you are saying you are able to blow up bunkers in strike matches with... say an Il-2M using only ONE 100kg bomb, just like you do in singleplayer? lol

Oh how I only wish that was possible. I would have easily got my weapon collector achievement months ago :-P

Read Gilly's post, He is spot on.

Well I can preform that Low lvl attack with ease. Much less Avoiding crashing into ships and blow myself up.

Crosshair14
06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Cross winds??? You must have a more recently patched version that the rest of us PS3 players!
As for the low level I'd actually say you can be much more accurate and successful from higher altitudes

Well I learn it from my dad which he is in the Air Force and my favorite show tells me that. And I have the normal part of Il2-Sturmovik and its more accurate at low lvl than high. Yeah your going fast but Its better than guessing targets especially simulator. But wat would u rather do. High lvl and hope your not spotted by your obvious cloror of the plane. OR, Go low lvl and blend in with ground covering and bomb the Shit out of the damned ships/target. If I were u I would go low lvl.

Gilly
06-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Well I can preform that Low lvl attack with ease. Much less Avoiding crashing into ships and blow myself up.

Not many ships at 10,000ft+ to potentially crash into either.

Gilly
06-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Well I learn it from my dad which he is in the Air Force and my favorite show tells me that. And I have the normal part of Il2-Sturmovik and its more accurate at low lvl than high. Yeah your going fast but Its better than guessing targets especially simulator. But wat would u rather do. High lvl and hope your not spotted by your obvious cloror of the plane. OR, Go low lvl and blend in with ground covering and bomb the Shit out of the damned ships/target. If I were u I would go low lvl.

In sim I don't need to guess targets I know where they are, especially ships I certainly don't need to guess those. As for higher levels unless they've got rocket or jet power it's going to take them sometime to climb up to altitude instead of them diving in on a surprise attack and it therfore allows for nice slow precise bombing.
To be honest it depends on the distance from spawn to target that determines my altitude, if there's distance involved I'll go high. Short runs like korsun, Ardennes or the Stalingrad maps I go at the altitude I spawn at as they're the maps where targets reduce quickly.