PDA

View Full Version : Funny how a game inspires you to step it up:

Lahatiel
06-13-2010, 12:33 PM
So, been playing and learning this game over the past couple of months and like it so much no other disc gets near the ps3. Then it got me thinking that I should learn to fly fo' real, and took my first flight lesson.

Pretty scary at first being in control of a plane, and as long as I can keep scraping up money for the lessons I plan on pursuing this. Guess now I will be obligated to learn to play on realistic soon too.

First lesson was in an Alarus CH2000. It isn't a warbird but was still a LOT of fun.

Maybe I can get a video of me flying soon so you can hear all the "Oh craps" I spurt every time a get caught in a thermal or cross wind. :-P

bobbysocks
06-13-2010, 05:01 PM
my suggestion is to take out a loan and complete your lessons. i have seen too many people have car trouble or some other jewel that life dishes out that zaps the money supply and the lessons go out the door...and somehow never get returned to. if you have the money already in the flight schools hands you will make a point of going...and will enjoy doing so. there is absolutely nothing like dancing in the clouds and leaving the world so far below....make sure you finish...you will never regret that decision.

PS....once you are done...or if you are hanging around the airport... find a guy that does aerobatics...see if he will take you up...better yet...teach you.

vdomini
06-14-2010, 08:50 AM
So, been playing and learning this game over the past couple of months and like it so much no other disc gets near the ps3. Then it got me thinking that I should learn to fly fo' real, and took my first flight lesson.

Pretty scary at first being in control of a plane, and as long as I can keep scraping up money for the lessons I plan on pursuing this. Guess now I will be obligated to learn to play on realistic soon too.

First lesson was in an Alarus CH2000. It isn't a warbird but was still a LOT of fun.

Maybe I can get a video of me flying soon so you can hear all the "Oh craps" I spurt every time a get caught in a thermal or cross wind. :-P

Good luck!

I wish i could have time and money to start flying again, when i was younger i was able to fly gliders and sailplane :) I still love flying stuff eheh
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8131/ask21001.jpg

Lahatiel
06-14-2010, 10:47 AM
That is sound advice Bobby. I may consider that.

Vdomini-never flew in a sail plane, but would love too. Isn't very popular in this area.

Rotor Trash
06-14-2010, 05:20 PM
if you have the money already in the flight schools hands you will make a point of going...

Just make sure to research the school a little bit and make sure it isnt about to go belly up (ie Silverstate helicopters) and lose that money. Im in aviation (AP mech / pvt rotorcraft ratings) and i know silverstate isnt fixed wing, but principle applies.

bobbysocks
06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
i thoroughly agree 100%. in fact i would get the loan and only pay ahead by $1000...or make 1/4 the total. that's how i did it. if the unforseeable does happen you arent dead in the water.