PDA

View Full Version : xbox airshow?

The_Goalie_94
06-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Who's in to start up a nice airshow for the xbox live community for a little spark in the dull world of online?

PantherAttack2
06-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Me. :-P

bobbysocks
06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
count me in....i think that would be fun. maybe do it as a airfield and everyone parks as one does their thing...or a formation runs through its "show".

Lost Apiarist
06-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Sounds fun.

FOZ_1983
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
If done properly then it can be absolutely brilliant. Get a guy on the ground to act as the tower, and have the guys come down and then take it from their. Naturally i would always be the Hawker Hurricane.

Something about it looks great, seeing a Plane finish his act, then come in to land, while waiting on the taxi way is another plane ready to take off and do his display.

Also good when you see a B17 do a fly by with a P51 and a P47 on each wing. Or for the RAF guys, and Blenhiem with a spitfire and hurricane on each wing.

Its superb fun, but like i say it needs to been done properly and with people who have patience otherwise they just get stupid and bored and ruin it.

I've lost all my IL2 data since my HD broke, hence the reason why i have not been online flying much (dont want to have to unlock everything again). But..... i do have the mighty hurricane unlocked, so i could be tempted to dush off my flying goggles and come back on.

The_Goalie_94
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Alright sounds like a plan! I think everyone in a different aircraft (first come first serve) and you can fly in formations with a friend(s) in the same aircraft if you do so disire. We get one aircraft to land early as the ATC, everyone comes in for a landing and then in order takes off and does...hmm lets say as many passes as they please (please keep everypass a different thing, dont want to get bored) passes. During the last pass the next aircraft will taxie to take off and after the sky is clear tak off and get prepared while the previous aircraft comes in to a landing. that keeps going untill everyone is done. Maybe at the end we will get one giant formation with every aircraft on the show as a memorial fly-pass. Maybe if someone can record the show that would be spectacular! Sign ups start now! What do you guys want to do?

FOZ_1983
06-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Alright sounds like a plan! I think everyone in a different aircraft (first come first serve) and you can fly in formations with a friend(s) in the same aircraft if you do so disire. We get one aircraft to land early as the ATC, everyone comes in for a landing and then in order takes off and does...hmm lets say as many passes as they please (please keep everypass a different thing, dont want to get bored) passes. During the last pass the next aircraft will taxie to take off and after the sky is clear tak off and get prepared while the previous aircraft comes in to a landing. that keeps going untill everyone is done. Maybe at the end we will get one giant formation with every aircraft on the show as a memorial fly-pass. Maybe if someone can record the show that would be spectacular! Sign ups start now! What do you guys want to do?

Best place is probably Manston, due to it being a very large airfield with a long runway, this benefits those of us with joysticks who dont have the added benefit of brakes.

Depending on the number of pilots taking part it would also be better for each pilot to do roughly 3 or 4 lengths of the runway for his display, dont worry this is ample time to do what you need to do and looks great :D

Also keep it above the runway and not above the planes that are parked on the ground, as if an accident happens then it could be nasty.

It all comes together eventually.

Hope it gets arranged.

The_Goalie_94
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes great idea! So who-ever wants to do it, write down your gamertag and your plane of choice, or you and your partners gamertag/plane of choice. Lets see if we can get this thing started!

FOZ_1983
06-06-2010, 08:44 PM
F0Z 1983 - Hawker Hurricane

bobbysocks
06-06-2010, 09:09 PM
i will take a P 51 D....

The_Goalie_94
06-06-2010, 10:43 PM
i will take a P 51 D....

Wanna pair up and do a formation flight? I was going to pick the P-51D myself.

bobbysocks
06-06-2010, 11:31 PM
sure! i am without a stick at the moment so i am going to have to get used to a controller...starting tonight. but sure i am game..

Lost Apiarist
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Lost Apiarist

LA-7
or
IL-2

The_Goalie_94
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Things are turning out not to bad. So far we got:
TheGoaltender94 - P-51D
BobbySocks - P-51D
Lost Apiarist - LA-7 or IL-2

Thats 4, keep it up!

PantherAttack2
06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Don't forget me! I'll probably end up flying the Hurricane. :cool:

FOZ_1983
06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Don't forget me! I'll probably end up flying the Hurricane. :cool:

Man knows a good machine when he see's one ;)

Lost Apiarist
06-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Do we have a time set up for this event yet?

The_Goalie_94
06-08-2010, 12:11 PM
waitin on more people first.

FOZ_1983
06-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Is Sgt Madmax Fury (i dont know it from memory) on your friends list? He's a good pilot who i've flown with many a time and he did enjoy doing this kind of thing also. A few guys from his group in the 666th enjoy it to.... if they still fly?? Will have a word with him. Not seen him post on here to much recently.

It should be fun, as long as its done properly :) One guy will land first and bring everyone in like the tower would, and he will let you know when your good to land/take off etc, though someone will need to act as the tower for when he wants to go up and do his display.

Best setting is also -

realistic (so external views are enabled)
limited ammo (for the benefit of anyone flying a bomber or a plane with turrets)
unlimited fuel (so we dont run dry)
Game mode, free for all (to avoid the red/blue markings on planes)

FOZ_1983
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Any idea as to when things might be happening or possible numbers? Thread has gone slighty quiet.

And if Panther really must take the Hurricane (do it justice!!!!!!! its the best plane on display ;)) then i shall take something else. Most prob either the Shitfire MkII or the P47 Thunderbolt. Will see how the mood takes me.

bobbysocks
06-09-2010, 10:04 PM
i am out of town for a bit...and actually out of the air...stick broke. i tried to fly with a controller but holy moly...i REALLY suck using them.

The_Goalie_94
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Why dont you both do a pair in the hurrie, you both can do the 4 solo passes, but you can also do a pair as well. More action for you guys. Me and the other P-51 dude may do the same. Speaking of which we should start practicing. Maybe we willl have a fun airshow this weekend but im planning to have the real deal in about 2 weeks (i have exams next week). That should give plenty of time for practice with partners and enough time for sign ups.

Jack Morris
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I am in, Good your to see you organising and event! Need any help with messages, hit me up!

The_Goalie_94
06-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I am in, Good your to see you organising and event! Need any help with messages, hit me up!

Swweet, What you plan on flying?

markyboyacebassist
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
TheGoaltender94 - P-51D
BobbySocks - P-51D

Thats 4, keep it up!

Count me in geezer!
I'll just have to take the dustsheet off my Mk 9:-P:-P:-P

The_Goalie_94
06-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Im thinking this sunday and monday night we will have a practice (everyone in the same sky) other then that you will all have to practice on your own. We still have a bunch more spots so tell your friends so we can get them all filled up. Im going for 16 confirmed spots with 4 substitutes. First come first serve. I also need a volunteer to be ATC and record the show (They can do their flight as well).

Lost Apiarist
06-11-2010, 12:56 AM
What time zone are we talking?

The_Goalie_94
06-11-2010, 01:51 AM
were talking toronto time :D. Not sure the time zone name exactly. sorry.

Lost Apiarist
06-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Eastern time. Three hours ahead of me out here on the west coast ;)

Edit: I don't think it is possible to record the show or do screen shots on the Xbox 360. Correct me if I am wrong.

The_Goalie_94
06-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Eastern time. Three hours ahead of me out here on the west coast ;)

Edit: I don't think it is possible to record the show or do screen shots on the Xbox 360. Correct me if I am wrong.

Someone already recorded some stuff with me. An B-17 free flight. So it is possible, i just need someone to do it because i dont have the resources

FOZ_1983
06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
16 would look good, but it might lag a little and patience might wear thin for those just sat on the taxi way. Roughly 8 is a good number?

Will do what i can to get involved with anyone anytime between now and the actual date for some free flying and practise.

The_Goalie_94
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
I think 10-12 is a good number now that i think.

The_Goalie_94
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
So, when do you guys want to schedule this thing for?

bobbysocks
06-13-2010, 09:21 PM
if its going to be afternoonish ( EST)/ evening GMT then i can do it thurs, fri or sat. if its going to be after 1030....any night will work...as long as i am in town.

The_Goalie_94
06-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Im thinking next friday, saturday or sunday. I have exams next week so i got to hit the books.

FOZ_1983
06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Im thinking next friday, saturday or sunday. I have exams next week so i got to hit the books.

It will have to be PM (GMT) if im in, i work during the day you see. I wont be making friday night either, im spending some quality time with the mrs :D Saturday or Sunday should be good for me.

Could do with some "free flying" prior to it if anyone fancies it, just to get to grips with the game again and also landing/taxiing/take off, due to not playing this game for a long time.

bobbysocks
06-15-2010, 03:39 PM
just a suggestion to think about. if you are partnered up with someone...you might want to set it up where you are on opposite teams. that way you can get a read out of distance. flying formation isnt the issue but if you are going to do a head on break away pass it might be nice to see the meter count down the distance....what do yo think?

The_Goalie_94
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
just a suggestion to think about. if you are partnered up with someone...you might want to set it up where you are on opposite teams. that way you can get a read out of distance. flying formation isnt the issue but if you are going to do a head on break away pass it might be nice to see the meter count down the distance....what do yo think?

I plan on making it a free mode. so we can read the distance on everyone. If anyone plans on flying a bomber, please tell me so i can make it limited ammo, so you can waste the gun turrets. I encourage a B-19 and maybe a P-47 so we can do a memorial flight. But it is not a must, i just think it would be cool.

FOZ_1983
06-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Unfortunately, in team modes you get those horrible red and blue markings on the plane, personally i find this tends to ruin the experience a little. But i'll go with the flow. Never struggled when pairing up in the past though on FFA.

I plan on making it a free mode. so we can read the distance on everyone. If anyone plans on flying a bomber, please tell me so i can make it limited ammo, so you can waste the gun turrets. I encourage a B-19 and maybe a P-47 so we can do a memorial flight. But it is not a must, i just think it would be cool.

Since loosing all my data i dont have any of the planes unlocked anymore, i only have a select few. Someone else wants to take the Hurricane then thats fine and i'll offer my services with the P47. Much easier to taxi on the ground with the P47 also when using the joystick.

markyboyacebassist
06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
TheGoaltender94 - P-51D
BobbySocks - P-51D

Thats 4, keep it up!

666th pilots
Sgt Madmax Fury
jimjamjaro
Veneski Risskov

and, Robotic Pope!:cool:

FOZ_1983
06-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Veneski still on live? He'd not been on in so long that i think i deleted him.

Nice amount right here, what aircraft will people be taking? And is sunday looking like the best time for this?

The_Goalie_94
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
666th pilots
Sgt Madmax Fury
jimjamjaro
Veneski Risskov

and, Robotic Pope!:cool:

other then you (who has been playing more Forza 3 then anything :) ) i haven't seen those guys in ages. I know Veneski hasn't been online for a good 50 some days.

Sunday does not look too good, like i said i have exams next week, so after them would be prefered.

markyboyacebassist
06-17-2010, 01:35 PM
other then you (who has been playing more Forza 3 then anything :) ) i haven't seen those guys in ages. I know Veneski hasn't been online for a good 50 some days.

Sunday does not look too good, like i said i have exams next week, so after them would be prefered.

If you were living in the UK you would realize that the Xbox 360 IL2 BOP online world is very small.
There is a hardcore group that play mainly Sim (realistic is my thing) so gaming options are small.
Due to time differences I can only hook up with players in the USA & Canada for maybe an hour as I have to work (like most adults) which means rising early.
The 666th Squadron(which I started) has 30 members of which only 2 regularly maintain contact & play IL2 BOP with me.(Jimjamjaro & Veneski,) Veneski has changed his gamer tag to SmOkEyJoE 56025 .
I can't recall having had an invite from you?
I hope your airshow is a success, please count me out as I expect I shall be sleeping when you have finished school & get online.
Foz, anytime you feel like a freeflight let's hook up!:cool::cool:

FOZ_1983
06-17-2010, 02:55 PM
If you were living in the UK you would realize that the Xbox 360 IL2 BOP online world is very small.
There is a hardcore group that play mainly Sim (realistic is my thing) so gaming options are small.
Due to time differences I can only hook up with players in the USA & Canada for maybe an hour as I have to work (like most adults) which means rising early.
The 666th Squadron(which I started) has 30 members of which only 2 regularly maintain contact & play IL2 BOP with me.(Jimjamjaro & Veneski,) Veneski has changed his gamer tag to SmOkEyJoE 56025 .
I can't recall having had an invite from you?
I hope your airshow is a success, please count me out as I expect I shall be sleeping when you have finished school & get online.
Foz, anytime you feel like a freeflight let's hook up!:cool::cool:

I work early morning so cannot stay online to late, the latest at a push (absolute push) is 1:30am, and aside from that i like to spend as much time as possible with the girlfriend :) So set a date and time and i'll fly if im free.

Markyboy, if you and Veneski fancy a free flight any time jus tto hone skills and get some techniques in etc and pefect things then im game for it :D and when this air show does happen we'll have whatever we need to do down to a fine art. If poss though send me a message on live a good 20 mins in advance so that i cancome off whatever im playing and also let the guys know that i'll be coming off to join you guys.

markyboyacebassist
06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Foz Quote, "I work early morning so cannot stay online to late, the latest at a push (absolute push) is 1:30am, and aside from that i like to spend as much time as possible with the girlfriend So set a date and time and i'll fly if im free."

The Hurricane wont be to pleased you're seeing somebody else Foz!:confused::confused::confused:

FOZ_1983
06-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Foz Quote, "I work early morning so cannot stay online to late, the latest at a push (absolute push) is 1:30am, and aside from that i like to spend as much time as possible with the girlfriend So set a date and time and i'll fly if im free."

The Hurricane wont be to pleased you're seeing somebody else Foz!:confused::confused::confused:

Its all good, theirs always room for the Hurricane obsession ;) haha. My girlfriend knows i love her to bits though so its all good.

If you fancy a free flight later then just let me know and we'll sort something. If not then no worries, we'll have plenty of time to arrange something.

The_Goalie_94
06-17-2010, 07:30 PM
im thinking june 28th, anytime. I get that day off from everything hopefully. I might have a something to do at 5 o'clockish, but does that sound good?

markyboyacebassist
06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Its all good, theirs always room for the Hurricane obsession ;) haha. My girlfriend knows i love her to bits though so its all good.

If you fancy a free flight later then just let me know and we'll sort something. If not then no worries, we'll have plenty of time to arrange something.

Had us a little airshow tonight at Manston.
Sgt Madmax Fury
Robotic Pope
SmOkEyJoE 56025
EvangelusE
TC 42Sherman

After forming up we all landed at Manston, took our turn at giving a display, then after a take off en mass we had a dogfight up to a total of 20.Pope was at a disadvantage flying a P51B.The winner was, EvangelusE so he owes everyone a beer!!:-P:-P:-P

The_Goalie_94
06-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Sgt Madmax Fury
Robotic Pope
SmOkEyJoE 56025
EvangelusE
TC 42Sherman

After forming up we all landed at Manston, took our turn at giving a display, then after a take off en mass we had a dogfight up to a total of 20.Pope was at a disadvantage flying a P51B.The winner was, EvangelusE so he owes everyone a beer!!:-P:-P:-P

Should of asked if they wanted to participate in mine. Anyway, i will do that myself. What planes you all fly? Its nice to see some activity is happening. Anyone pull off anything spectacular.

Robotic Pope
06-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Sgt Madmax Fury
Robotic Pope
SmOkEyJoE 56025
EvangelusE
TC 42Sherman

Oh, I thought I won by way of having least deaths ;) I was pretty pleased with my 8 kills 16 deaths in the Mustang mkIA before I started practicing tailslides and got killed 4 more times after Smokeyjoy got to 15 kills.

Its a shame I missed you guys doing your airshow though. Important phone calls always come at bad times huh? haha although it was lucky I had just finished parking my plane otherwise it would have been non stop crashing.

bobbysocks
06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
music behind the maneuvers would be cool!

The_Goalie_94
06-19-2010, 10:28 PM
For sure. i still want someone to record it. Any ideas?

The_Goalie_94
07-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Alright, i think we shall try this again. For...hmmm this wednsday. I think thats enough time for everyone to check in. So who's in? List your gamertag and plane you will be flying. Contact your friends as well. I got two people in so far. Yes you can fly in pairs and such just list who with and what aircraft. Settings will be se to realistic with limited ammo (for bombers) so lets see who we can get. I am hoping for around 10-12 pilots.

Lost Apiarist
07-15-2010, 03:47 AM
So Wednesday the 24th? What time? I will try and be there with

LA-5/7
or
IL-2
or
I-153

Whatever you deem most appropriate :)

The_Goalie_94
07-15-2010, 08:13 AM
So Wednesday the 24th? What time? I will try and be there with

LA-5/7
or
IL-2
or
I-153

Whatever you deem most appropriate :)

I think we should try to lean toward fighters, so we dont need to put limited ammo on for the convenience of people who have a flight stick so they can stop. As for time, i dont know yet.