PDA

View Full Version : Empty Skies On PSN

dkwookie
06-03-2010, 08:13 AM
I went online last night early and then a bit later and it was dead as a dodo. Quietest I have ever seen it. Hope the Red Dead factor is a short term thing.

olife
06-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I went online last night early and then a bit later and it was dead as a dodo. Quietest I have ever seen it. Hope the Red Dead factor is a short term thing.

yes agree with u,i think the "big" games like call of duty or red dead or others are the favorites of ps3 gamers,i can understand it cause it is a very good games. il2 is very good too but stay a game for the planes fanatics in my opinion,i m lucky cause many psn friends of me are a planes fanatics.

KAV
06-03-2010, 08:59 AM

I was to, but didnt see you :confused:

But there where games to pick still.....

dkwookie
06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
I was to, but didnt see you :confused:

But there where games to pick still.....

I think I just missed you last night Kav. I was on about 8 gmt then went back on before 11gmt.

I got a couple of arcade dogfights but they were 4 player matches.
The fine weather probably not helping. It's beer garden weather in UK at the moment. Supposed to be rain next week

KAV
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Wookie

Thats the problem, summer !

Its getting to much to do in the garden, kids wont sleep until late and there is beer beer and beer in the sunset .........

Shadowcorp
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
personally i found the last games i played on il2 very repetitive and boring, no variation; everyone was in the same plane they always are, flying in exactly the same way they always fly.
Due to a significant lack of developement and support this game has barely changed since release and that lack of support makes me think ;
I'll wait for the next one.
i will be back but not for more than one or two games in a session
There are just way more entertaining games out there red dead, modnation and battlefield to name but a few. These are supported well with no un professional tiffs between developer and publisher

winny
06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Guilty..

Although I got the urge to turn Red Dead off last night for the first time since I started playing it. Great game but like GTA once the wow-ness has worn off it starts to become a bit of a chore.. quite funny too tho, when I first played online with shadow and gilly the kid I was laughing at shadows little mexican character for about 10 mins.. it was perfect!

IL-2 will be back in the drive soon.. I'm also eagerly anticipating the sequel which should be (if they've listened) an awesome game.

JOED70
06-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Guilty..

IL-2 will be back in the drive soon.. I'm also eagerly anticipating the sequel which should be (if they've listened) an awesome game.

What is this sequel you speak of ? I thought thier was no plans for a new consol version of Wings of War?

I was on last nite for about 2 hrs as I am most nites . from 1900 till 2130 local time (-4GMT) played some good matches with ADBill and Killakid ScottyTV and Bousat speaking of he few a LA7 and La5 in couple of matches with no bomb loads to killhimself with . Pleasent change He is very skilled I just don't understand why he has to ruin matches with his Constant bomb/crash or boom and zoom in the ME163-B.

Anyways I will be back on tonite as per normal hope to see some of you around Allthough I know its late hours across the pond .:cool::rolleyes:

winny
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
WoP was just BoP for P.C.. I think it was probably renamed because the console publishers wouldn't allow them to use the BoP title on PC, exclusivity..

As far as I'm aware the Devs are already working on the sequel. They already stated that they were working on it and they also said that they were planning 3 games on this generation of consoles in 12/18 month cycles, BoP was the first.

Let's hope we see a publisher who will support the game fully.

KAV
06-03-2010, 04:54 PM
WoP was just BoP for P.C.. I think it was probably renamed because the console publishers wouldn't allow them to use the BoP title on PC, exclusivity..

As far as I'm aware the Devs are already working on the sequel. They already stated that they were working on it and they also said that they were planning 3 games on this generation of consoles in 12/18 month cycles, BoP was the first.

Let's hope we see a publisher who will support the game fully.

Gordonvembu, the canadien BoP player told something similar.
A new version is coming up..........

f1rebrand
06-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Guilty..

Although I got the urge to turn Red Dead off last night for the first time since I started playing it. Great game but like GTA once the wow-ness has worn off it starts to become a bit of a chore.. quite funny too tho, when I first played online with shadow and gilly the kid I was laughing at shadows little mexican character for about 10 mins.. it was perfect!

Gilly the Kid. That's genius.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
06-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Pacific MP carrier battles will be so nice. I'm clutching on to the idea that they invested too much in creating the BoP engine to not make a sequel. I just hope we get a sim mode with cockpits for all planes next time.

dkwookie
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Well BoP has it's faults but what's good in the game and community outweighs the bad. For every glitch kill there is an epic dogfight. For every cascouboy there is a McQ or Kav.
I still rate BoP as best game I have played on this generation of game systems.
Once you guys get tired of flogging your donkeys there is a spot on BoP open at any time

KAV
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Well BoP has it's faults but what's good in the game and community outweighs the bad. For every glitch kill there is an epic dogfight. For every cascouboy there is a McQ or Kav.
I still rate BoP as best game I have played on this generation of game systems.
Once you guys get tired of flogging your donkeys there is a spot on BoP open at any time

Thanks wookie, that goes for you and many others who all know who they are :-)

This game will never die for me. There is so much in the game and online that keeps me coming back.

The problem though, is not the game.
It the coming SUMMER and its long evenings which makes it difficult to sneak onceself to a proper game session . . . . . . . . . . . . .:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

dkwookie
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
That's true Kav. I am posting on my iPhone sat next to a lake in Dunham park at the moment! We get so few days like this in the UK we have to make the most of it

winny
06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Pacific MP carrier battles will be so nice. I'm clutching on to the idea that they invested too much in creating the BoP engine to not make a sequel. I just hope we get a sim mode with cockpits for all planes next time.

There's a thread on the IL-2 forum somewhere called developers diary..

In it they say they are working on the sequel for WoP it also says somewhere that they've learned that the PC guys and the console guys are the same people basically and that they will now treat the console games and PC games as the same thing.. Do a search for it I found it really interesting because they're talking about what's in the PC WoP2(?) so it might be a glimpse of what we'd get on console too.

EDIT: Actually it might be on the yuplay forum, I can't remember... My short term memory is ruined.

winny
06-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Gilly the Kid. That's genius.

I wish I'd come up with it.. sadly gilly has it as his comment on PSN

McQ59
06-04-2010, 07:47 AM
That's true Kav. I am posting on my iPhone sat next to a lake in Dunham park at the moment! We get so few days like this in the UK we have to make the most of it

I second that wookie. Embrace the sunny days and build up for the BoP-nights that enevitably will come.

I waited so many years for a game like this to come, so I'm sure I will play it for just as many years as I waited. Sequel or not. I'm not half-way to master but a few planes and tactics yet.