PDA

View Full Version : The Never Ending Airfield Inspection

lcastell
05-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi Folks,

I would appreciate some information on how to complete the "Airfield Inspection" under the "Battle of Britain in the IL-2 Sturmovik:BOP on the XBOX. I fly the mission, do a touch and go landing on each of the three airfields and then anxiously wait for the "Mission Completed" signal, which never comes. I fly the mission again, this time touching down twice on all three airfields, and then making the circuit again doing a total of 12 touch and go landings and still the mission doesn't end. Can someone please tell me when this mission will end. As far as I can tell this is one of the more dangerous tasks, because at least 75% of the pilots must die of boredom.
There are two other points that I would like your input on as well. After I am into this mission for a while, when I toggle to see the map view, the plane goes into a sharp left bank, and dive. When you switch back to normal view you are quite surprised to see the ground a few feet away and coming up fast. It doesn't do this initially when I start the "Airfield Inspection", only after I have been flying and visiting the airfields for a while, but when it starts it does it every time. Also, when you land your plane and let it stand for a while is there any way to re-start and take off. As I push forward on the throttle, the engine doesn't start even though I can get the "WEP" throttle indication. In case it make a difference, I am flying using the Saitek AV8R in "Realistic" mode. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

KAV
05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
TAG landings doesnt always work out.
I have had the same problem, in sim on my ps 3.
I need to conduct a full stop, reset flaps and throttle down. Check the map for the staus on the airfield, it should stop blink and go all blue.
Then taxi for a take off, rest flaps for take off an full throttle.
Hope this helps.....

scottyvt4
05-29-2010, 06:52 PM
I need to conduct a full stop, reset flaps and throttle down. Check the map for the staus on the airfield, it should stop blink and go all blue.
Hope this helps.....

took me ages to figure this out on arcade :mad: As Kav says come to a complet stop should sort it :o

JOED70
05-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Full Stop landing is required do brakes work on Xbox? since no patch ?
And Yes you must succesfully takeoff as well I remeber the trouble that gave me trying to learn to taxi

lcastell
05-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Hope this helps.....
KAV and scottyvt4 thanks so much for the info. I'll give it a try. The only silver lining that I can see in the difficulty I have had completing this section is that after 3 or 4 hours of practicing landings I'm pretty good at it. Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

:-)

Robotic Pope
05-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Hope this helps.....

Do not check the map while you are stationary on the airstrip. When you return to your plane the AI will take control of your plane and try to take off, often crashing into an object or just falling off the end of the runway :mad: . Check to make sure the airstrip is blue AFTER you have taken off.

Also make sure you are allways flying the highest (lead) plane in your list of alive pilots. If you take over control your wing man, when you go into the map the AI will suddenly bank sharply to return to its wingman position.

Robotic Pope
05-29-2010, 09:37 PM
KAV and scottyvt4 thanks so much for the info. I'll give it a try. The only silver lining that I can see in the difficulty I have had completing this section is that after 3 or 4 hours of practicing landings I'm pretty good at it. Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.

:-)

lol wait 'till you try it in Sim, that will really make you hate this mission.

Irishmandkg
05-30-2010, 04:35 AM
I was having trouble on this level as well. Now I know what to do. Might actually play the game after two months of collecting dust. (between Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption I don't play other games much):-P

scottyvt4
06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
lol wait 'till you try it in Sim, that will really make you hate this mission.

yep ............. can nail manston but the other 2 you run out of room quick if you get back off the deck on the next touch down you put a wheel through the wing followed by loads of cursing and swearing lol

bobbysocks
06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
the way i finally did it was to set up on a LONG low final (@ 400 feet)......wheels down, chopped throttle until i was practally falling out of the sky. if you want to shave speed faster...fire your guns in bursts. hit the runway right where it begins and as soon as the tail wheel hits and you know you arent going to bounce...pull back on the stick and start shooting. i did go off the runway and down into the field...but it still gave me credit.