PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Pad Custom Layout

MACADEMIC
05-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi all,

A few questions regarding the custom layout for the pad, perhaps some of you have answers:

- Absolute throttle: this is a yes/no option under Settings. Any ideas what it's for? When I tried to go for the yes option, the throttle was stuck at 0% and could not be moved.

- Zoom: There are two lines for Zoom camera but I didn't find a way to make it work successfully. Has anyone figured this one out?

- Nonlinearity: Why would one want to make the controls behave in a nonlinear way? Ideas?

- Deadzone: I don't quite understand why you would want the already small controls of the pad to be even less sensitive. How would that make sense?

- Brakes: there is no option to configure them and in fact they seem to be missing, or has someone found how to configure/use them?

- Free look: By the way, I found out from reading through previous threads that there's the opinion that with custom pad layout it would not be possible to look around as freely as with aviator layout. EDIT: I had written 'This is not true, it is possible. You need to configure all the Look left, right etc'. Sorry, I was wrong in this. You need to leave these empty and set ONLY the Camera axes to the same stick and it works!

If you have some experience/knowledge about customising the pad please let us know!

Many thanks.

MACADEMIC

JOED70
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM
All those settings are meant for fine adjustments on a Flight stick as I said notice the default nonlinarity is set to 50% try adjusting it down it will straighten or should the problem you mentioned about abrout yoke movement at the end of anlog sticks axis

winny
05-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Absolute Throttle is for flightstick throttles.. instead of using buttons to + & -

MACADEMIC
05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Absolute Throttle is for flightstick throttles.. instead of using buttons to + & -

Thanks Winny!