PDA

View Full Version : A question about posion, fire damage aftereffects.

Danielsan2000
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I have started lots of games and noticed that the AI after effects seem to be a lot higher than mine, on Debir, with no opponent heroes involved the AI archers can often do 100% dmg on the aftereffect of fire, while mine seems to be restricted to the 25% as mentioned in the description ... the same goes for poison. Is it just me?

Razorflame
05-28-2010, 07:21 PM
it's depends on how much archers shoot the arrow

the higher the stack the more chance u inflict more after effect damage

some items and medal increase this damage too:0

Zechnophobe
05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
You mean the chance that the after effect will be placed from something like Fire Arrow, yes?

It could be that they are using higher levels of the spell than you. A level 3 Fire Arrow always burns.

Danielsan2000
05-29-2010, 11:54 AM
No, I am talking about poisoning and fire effects from creatures (arrows or bite), if I have 10 archers shooting firearrows at guardsmen the aftereffect is at most 25% as stated in the description, if the AI does the same with 10 archers they have 100%+ damage on the aftereffect.

Elwin
05-29-2010, 12:03 PM
damge of burn and posion depends on total stack health. You are recieving way more since you have bigger stacks.

Danielsan2000
05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Aaaah, that makes sence Elwin, I thought the % was relative to the initial damage, thanks for clearing that up, was wondering why the AI always did more damage. Will have to remember that when using spells like poison skull. Thank you for clearing that up.

Rhygadon
06-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes, this is why it's often good to drop fire/poison on a big, slow-moving stack while you focus your other attacks on archers or fast attackers. The longer you wait to whittle down the burning stack, the more work the fire will do for you.

(Of course the -DEF effect pulls a bit in the other direction, but you can get the best of both worlds by attacking during the final round of the fire ...)