PDA

View Full Version : Would someone explain "rage" to me? (and a few other things?)

Odindusk
05-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi there - new player and I've sorta just fumbled my way to a level 5 mage while slowing learning the game through trial and error. Few things I'd love to have answered that I haven't previously come across in other threads.

1) what does rage do in this game? I don't understand its function.

2) what is "initiative"? A couple of spells/items mention this.

3) is the damage of a unit's attack a direct result of how many members are currently in that unit? Like sometimes something in my party will hit for 1-3 damage. And I don't understand why.

4) my intuition says that 3/3 Alchemy is a must, but I'm not sure if the rune investment is worth the runes that it will help me to save later on in the game. Thoughts?

5) sometimes one of my units will be able to move, and then attack. And other times that same unit will only be able to move and then they're done. What causes this?

Thank you much!

Elwin
05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
1)If you dont see its function means you didnt get chest of rage yet. Which is not good. Do the main quest a bit and gate rage spirits. Its used to use their abilities.
2)
Initiative decides about moving order of untis. Higer intiiative moves first
3) dont get it
4)alchemy 3 is not must, thats no good to learn all posible spells, half of them you willn not ever use.
5) each units has his action points. Its showed by the dots in the right down corner. If unit has 2 action points he can move 1 hex and then shoot for example.

Odindusk
05-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks much - that answers a lot!

I'll rephrase #3:

Does the stack size of a unit increase how much their attacks hit for? Like will a single archer do less damage than a stack of 30 of them?

Elwin
05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Of course more units more damage