PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty: 'Crossworlds'

feanor
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
King's Bounty: 'Crossworlds' Announced
http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_crossworlds/

Fans of the King’s Bounty series will be thrilled to see their requests were answered as King’s Bounty: Crossworlds will also include a full-scale game editor. As in the multi-award winning 1st game, the player has many options to battle both new and old enemies. Various new skills and abilities, as well as a flying steed, will help to overcome the hordes attacking the kingdom. The Princess is also accompanied by her tamed dragon, at the very beginning it is small, but its abilities develop steadily until it becomes an incredible ally. The dragon will do its best to protect the Princess during the battles, starting with simple attacks and finishing with fire breathing and volcano summoning.

Key Features:

* 2 brand new campaigns (Champion of the Arena with boss battles in a gladiatorial tournament and Defender of the Crown with battles in unique tactical arenas with a random selection of enemies and allies).
* Massive expansion of the original King’s Bounty: Armored Princess - Orcs on the March, featuring new units, spells and quests.
* New creatures to slay or use in combat.
* 70 new items, 8 new item sets, including one for the pet dragon and 3 component artifacts.
* 7 new quests allow players to continue their journey.
* 50 new abilities and skills.
* 13 new spells.
* Game Editor for King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

The King’s Bounty series are adventure games with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The character and their army of companions travel across a huge continent, visiting dozens of different locations all connected to each other. Communicating with NPCs, collecting resources and recruiting an army the player will control their character in real-time mode, while all battles take place in classic turn-based mode with a strong emphasis on tactical elements.

Platform(s): PC
Genre: RPG/Strategy
Publisher: 1C Company
Developer: Katauri Interactive
Release Date: Q3 2010

rancor26
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM
NICE!!!:grin: can't wait for this.

mare911
05-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Still no multiplayer?

Anyway I am glad to see another expansion, this is a great news :mrgreen:

Rhygadon
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Does "massive expansion of the original KB:AP - Orcs on the March" mean that we can continue playing with a character who has finished the original campaign? Or will we need to start with a new character, like we had to do with the Gift Bag?

cabal2k
05-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Hope the releasedate is not for russia only and we must wait until 2011 :(

jake21
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Bit confused is there one campaign (expansion of existing campaign) or two ? I.e, is the arena just a series of fights or an actual campaign if it is a campaign is it as large as kb-l/kb-ap or very short ?

Either way this sounds good :) (but sadly it sounds like the last int he series).

DeRex
05-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Excellent! :)

Metathron
05-25-2010, 02:29 AM
I would like to know about the Russian/English version release dates as well.

As for the campaigns, looks like there will be one regular campaign, and two "single scenario" play modes.

No multiplayer, but a map editor. At least the series is evolving.

Good news and much anticipated, more than Starcraft 2 in my case!

rancor26
05-25-2010, 06:19 AM
I would like to know about the Russian/English version release dates as well.

As for the campaigns, looks like there will be one regular campaign, and two "single scenario" play modes.

No multiplayer, but a map editor. At least the series is evolving.

Good news and much anticipated, more than Starcraft 2 in my case!

Well if this was just announced i wouldn't expect release dates to come out in awhile.

Mandea
05-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Some of the features had been announced many months ago, so it may be released in September.

Mandea
05-25-2010, 08:37 AM
http://translate.google.ro/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsbounty.ru%2Fforum%2F index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D6039%26st%3D280&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8
additional info+pics. I used google for translation.

bladeking77
05-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Awesome news. And even though I'd like to finally see KB 2, with male main characters, and something other than that Pet Dragon, this will suffice.
Can't wait for this. :grin::grin:

Zechnophobe
05-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Can't Wait!!!

Is there a price tag somewhere up ins here? What should I be budgeting for?

I honestly can't tell from this whether it is just an expansion or basically a new standalone application. Are these two new campaigns sizable... or are they just like a bunch of sequential fights?

Hope the Editor is as fun as it sounds like it is!

jake21
05-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I translated katurai page (via google translate) which stated it was stand alone so it is no longer a freebie; my guess is that it will be more or less same price as current kb-ap ($40 ish on release but this is speculation).

Can't Wait!!!

Is there a price tag somewhere up ins here? What should I be budgeting for?

I honestly can't tell from this whether it is just an expansion or basically a new standalone application. Are these two new campaigns sizable... or are they just like a bunch of sequential fights?

Hope the Editor is as fun as it sounds like it is!

Mandea
05-26-2010, 07:53 AM
some pictures. http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_bounty_crossworlds/

karabaja
05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
looks amazing, can't wait :)

Zechnophobe
05-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Just remember,
... when I'm waiting outside your door... again
... when I'm calling you on the phone... again
... when you have to break my heart... again

... You MADE me LOVE you.

Mandea
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
additional info (scroll down in order to see the translation):
http://translate.google.ro/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingsbounty.ru%2Fcros sworlds.php&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Elias_Maluco
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
additional info (scroll down in order to see the translation):
http://translate.google.ro/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingsbounty.ru%2Fcros sworlds.php&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Darn, that looks amazing. Still dont understand if there´s 3 or 2 new campaigns, but in any case, its awesome.

And even more awesome: campaign editor. Now we will see what this faithfull community can come up with.

I buying this on day 0, I hope english version dont take too long.

Zechnophobe
05-28-2010, 10:11 PM
The uh.. picture of Amelie in the Defender of the Crown blurb is a little bit..

... a bit sorta um, with that thing strapped to her leg, and... um.

I sorta forgot what I was talking about.

ckdamascus
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
The uh.. picture of Amelie in the Defender of the Crown blurb is a little bit..

... a bit sorta um, with that thing strapped to her leg, and... um.

I sorta forgot what I was talking about.

That she got a boob job, garter belt, and some strange leg armor that looks detachable? Ok, so she caved in. Besides, if you maxed out all your skills, and had a few million in the bank, why not indulge yourself a little. :)

Alto
05-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Well these two mini campains is the first step towards online play imho ( although it could already be done ). It's similar to Heroes of Might and Magic Tribe of the Easts dual system.
Where one picks a hero and some prepacked troops,spells, abilities and skills and fight the opponant. And nowadays you can even have 3 players fighting at a time.
But I am looking forward to it nevertheless and to top it off a campain_editor...that will come in handy :) Can't wait to see what ideas this great community has to offer in that departement.
Alto-out......

Zhuangzi
06-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Haven't posted for a while here, but YAY, more King's Bounty. :cool:

Loved the first two installments - bring on the third. :)

CyberGuy
06-02-2010, 12:13 AM
By the time they release "Crossworlds" I would have finished playing the game Disciple 3. Yes, it is true that the early Russian version has many bugs but I hope that the official English version will have many of the bugs ironed out so that I can enjoy it as much as the two installments of King's Bounty. After finishing Armored Princess, I got bored and I am currently going through PC turn-based strategy/RPG withdraw.

joasoz
06-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Best news I have had in a long time. One of the few bright lights still left in the PC gaming business (along with Stardock`s Elemental War of Magic game)

jake21
06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Best news I have had in a long time. One of the few bright lights still left in the PC gaming business (along with Stardock`s Elemental War of Magic game)

Yea I have to agree on both of these IPs (and developers; after all both space rangers and galactical xxx were great). To a small degree I almost wish more for a space ranger 3 before a KB 3 :)

I hope they do not get distracted with multi-player stuff.

Tianx
06-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Awesome cover art.

I like the picture of lake fairies laying on the dragon's beak :)

Mandea
06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
great news:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/captainblood/news.html?sid=6264752&mode=previews
september (in english) and 40 hours sounds great. check the pictures too :D

Metathron
06-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for sharing, Mandea.

One quick complaint, though: do they have to keep recolouring existing units? Give us something new for pete's sake!

guciomir
06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
more screenshots http://www.gry-online.pl/S026.asp?ID=9414

game preview in polish (use google translate guys!): http://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=6628

quite a lot information!!!!

edit:

The most important thing is that the Orc March campaign is in fact the reworked version of campaign from AP. I guess the company wants to show the players what they can do with scenario editor. I do not know how big the changes will be, but I guess they will be significant and i hope we will not get a boring experience here. The second thing is that Arthur scenario seems to be quite big and interesting. We do not get any information about new 3d models, but only about "new monsters". Does it mean we will only get recolored versions of units? Or maybe we will get both new models and recolored old units? Again, my guess is that scenario editor will give us a chance to make our own skins for all existing models.

Rhygadon
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
A few impressions:

- The two new campaign modes look more and more interesting the more we see. It's encouraging that they look like fully-written campaigns, not just a series of battles without context. Leveling up unit types sounds interesting, as long as it doesn't lock us into using the same units throughout a whole campaign.

- I wonder if the "70+" new items in Orcs on the March will mostly be the ones from the Gift Bag.

- I agree with Meta about the recolored units. I don't even mind that much when it's clearly just a variant on an existing unit (e.g. Blood Shaman), but painting an Imp green and calling it a Faun is just insulting. It gives the whole thing a bit too much of an "amateur mod" feel.

- Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but seeing in one of the screenshots that you have an option to take out a contract on an assassin named "Altair" set off alarm bells. Humorous references have always been part of KB, but they've been references to classic literature and film, not other video games. Maybe I'm just scarred by the dying days of HOMM (Spazz Maticus, anyone?), but lower-grade humor sounds like a sign that the franchise has been handed off to lesser minds ...

- Are "witch hunters" dressed in black a thing from Russian culture? I'm surprised to see a unit so close to the one from Disciples.

Zechnophobe
06-07-2010, 05:28 AM
If you look in your Hall of Fame, you will already see that Alistair the Assassin is part of the 'in jokes' in KB. Unless you've filled up most of it already that is.

Elias_Maluco
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I am in great expectation for this. Whenever a pre-order comes out, I want to be the first in line.

Metroplex
06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Great news! I love this game!
As for 'Alistair' it is a reference to Dragon Age, a much loved or hated party member depending on who you ask, I made him king though.:)

Zechnophobe
06-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Actually I mis-typed, it is 'Altair' not "alistair" which is of course assassin's creed.

Zhuangzi
06-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Whatever. I will be first in line at Gamersgate for this, just like I was with The Legend and Armored Princess. :-P

Metathron
06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Actually I mis-typed, it is 'Altair' not "alistair" which is of course assassin's creed.

Are you sure you're not reading a bit too much into it? Altair is also the name of one of the brighter stars in the sky. If they are indeed referencing anything at all, I think this is more likely.

Whatever. I will be first in line at Gamersgate for this, just like I was with The Legend and Armored Princess. :-P

Not if I beat you to it. http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3697/tonguehands.gif

Zechnophobe
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
In both that list of challengers, and the list of hall of fame, they have an Assassin named Altair. It is possibly they were going for something else, but when a character has the same exact name and occupation as another main stream game, it is pretty good indicator.

Metathron
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, what shameless plagiarism, then.:mrgreen:

Mandea
06-10-2010, 08:49 AM
new info:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=ro&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://progames.mail.ru/document/5227/view&rurl=translate.google.ro&usg=ALkJrhh9ILp_oare3FG8VoGUTqoNTcbq9g

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=ro&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://faber-visum.livejournal.com/&rurl=translate.google.ro&usg=ALkJrhhjD2TU_KZI_zIFBxHUkK6VvHjoFA

RYTEDR
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Picking out all the exciting, juicy tidbits:

In the military academies, you get bonuses consistent with your class (don't know if this was already common knowledge, but listing it off anyway.)

The game has been rebalanced.

The infernal dragon is a summoned creature, and apparently summoned creatures (at least the infernal dragon and ice orb...they didn't exclusively say anything about the Phoenix or Book of Evil, but it's reasonable to assume as those two creatures really were not worth their weight in mana) now scale in strength depending on the level of intelligence and, what I'm guessing, the skill of "Summoner".

Rune Mage is a level 5 unit for the humans.

Fauns can lull enemies to sleep, and give nightmares to sleeping creatures, which causes "great" damage.

Assassins have "Knowledge of Vulnerability", which means whenever he kills a creature with a crit or a back-stab, he permanently receives a boost of damage against that type of creature, up to the maximum of double damage.

Alchemists can make new (new as in new new or just recharge his other potions? Up for speculation) potions during battle.

And the warrior class has the ability to learn "counterattack", which makes humanoid warriors "often respond to enemy attacks." The wording makes me think it's not like the Veteran Orc's skill but I don't know.

160 page manual providing all the info we need for the map editor, which apparently is quite extensive. Looks like you might be able to create your own AI with this tidbit: "But to arrange a sea battle, teach monsters tear chests you from under the nose or create a task with 20 endings..."

They have stated they plan to make perhaps several more KB games, and that the KB3 is very likely going to be King's Bounty Online.

Mandea
06-10-2010, 01:16 PM
as far as I understood the online project was a whole different thing and there is no word yet about KB3. and the online project is likely to be some kind of MMO (I hate those games).

RYTEDR
06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
as far as I understood the online project was a whole different thing and there is no word yet about KB3. and the online project is likely to be some kind of MMO (I hate those games).

That's really unfortunate if that is true, but I thought the wording was quite obvious toward the continuation of the KB franchise:

"Difficulties can hardly stop dedicated fans the game, and after some time after additions we will see a lot of interesting modifications, and even new campaigns. On the question whether there is a chance to see a full third part or the such, should be considered King's Bounty Online, Ivan Magazinnikov replied evasively, but optimistic: "wait and see. The potential universe King's Bounty is huge, and it will be enough for many games. "

Unless I'm interpreting that wrong, it seems pretty direct to me.

I'd hate it to be a MMO though. Simple hosted skirmish games where you pick your army/item/skill/spell/companion/etc. lineup with a set amount of gold/leadership/crystals/runes/etc. would be simpler and much more superior, in my opinion.

bladeking77
06-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't like MMOs either, and would love to see many non-MMO sequels to KB. :)
As for Crossworlds, it is getting more and more interesting with every new info about it. :)
By the way, RYTEDR, where did you get those informations??? I looked at many sites and seen many things, but what you wrote was completely new to me. :)

RYTEDR
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Last post on the previous page, sir. :D I just took all the interesting new information I could find and put it into the post. I might've missed some info that might be new to you so you should go ahead and read it yourself!

Anyway, whether it's an MMO or not, I am just thrilled to hear that KB is still going strong. The map editor is something I wanted since I HEARD about the game, and now that it's coming and looking very thorough and powerful I don't think I could ever be turned off now. ;)

pavned
06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
About the map editor, will you people post your best creation on the forum?

Hope so! Really don't ahve a lot of time to myself (just became a dad) but I'm sure looking forward to try some of your maps. Considering the level of expertise and cleverness of the peopple on this forum I'm sure they will all be great.

RYTEDR
06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
See, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. :D The community could simply skyrocket with all the constant new content of being able to create your own campaigns/scenarios. If I make anything that I think would be interesting, I'd so post it here to share with others.

I already have a couple plans, but I'm trying to keep myself from getting too carried away, as we have no idea what limitations the editor has.

Coin-coin le Canapin
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM
The screenshots are in english... does that mean that we won't have to wait 6 months before a english release ?!

Nike-it
06-11-2010, 11:47 AM
The screenshots are in english... does that mean that we won't have to wait 6 months before a english release ?!

99% that both versions will be released simultaneously.

guciomir
06-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Nike-it, do you know if map editor from russian/english versions will be compatible with polish KB? (I mean: will polish player be able to play campaign created by english player and vice versa?)

Coin-coin le Canapin
06-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Great!
Any information about other languages (french...) ?

Elias_Maluco
06-14-2010, 03:07 PM

This is the best news.

Here I was already preparing to paciently await for another 6 months for the english version.

Zhuangzi
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm happy as well. In fact KB games have been appearing regularly each year for a while now. TL was Sep 08 and AP Oct 09. Could we have CW by Sep/Oct 10? I binge on these games for about two months and then eventually get sick of them. Bring it on. :cool:

BB Shockwave
06-15-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. There seem to be a lot of new possibilities for the editor, if they managed to add stuff like this "adrenaline" for a campaign. I wonder, whether we will be able to edit units, spells, abilities, items too for new maps?

By the way, although I played AP with the Warrior only so far, I thought the Summoner Skill already affects the Phoenix and the Evil Book, or doesn't it?

Zechnophobe
06-15-2010, 09:29 AM
It doesn't, no. It only increases the number of units summoned. It doesn't give stats, health, or jack diddly to Phoneix's and books.

Erkilmarl
06-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm writing this at work and can't access the game, but any way, I was wondering what did we promise NOT to do when we installed the game? There was much about modding and changing the game. Does this have to be changed as we later will be installing the map editor?

rickah88
06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
And now the $1million dollar question: Will it be released only as a download, or with it be available on disc?

guciomir
06-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I think my original question was missed as it was the last on the page.

Nike-It do you know if the campaign made by english/russian player will be compatible with polish KB? I ask because if you say "not", polish players will likely try to ship english KB instead of buying polish.

clinek
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
First off, this mods looks great. I seen on one of the screenshots that we are able to buy skills for our troops; awesome idea! I do have one question regarding the map editor though, are we able to make units with the new editor coming out for this game because Im kinda dissapointed in the choice of the remade units. To be honest, i dont care if they remade a goblin, goblins suck in the first place. Who cares if there is a new goblin that sucks just a little bit less than the other one. And whats the deal with making a level 5 human who is a mage? Make a flying creature like an angel so that they can run away from overwhelming unit stacks. I beat the game with 0 losses for both KB;AP and KB;TL and i always used dragons and units who can "hit and run" since most of the armies you fight are "impossible".

If there is a unit editor im definitely remaking azrue, crystal, fairee, and rust dragons from HOMM3. an offensive spellcasting dragon would be bad ass. for the crystal dragon, make thier special ability hit all surrounding troops with crystal shards inflicting physical damage and causes bleeding. Rust dragons could have an attack similar to bone dragons but has a chance of causing plaugue instead of poisening. For azure dragons, give them the fear ability like in HOMM3 which causes units to sometime freeze in panic.
s

Where are all of the cool units? Titans, hydra's, behemoths, Chimera's, medusa's, Pit lords, different types of golems, a ninja that cast invisibility on it self and can throw throwing stars at enemies, ghost dragons, ect. I think they made a huge mistake by changing the colors of units and calling them something else. Just opinion though. Anyways, i love this series so im excited to see the new changes they made. Fun stuff

bladeking77
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM
As far as I understood from Russian forum, you won't be able to edit Models, nor Animations, nor Particles(not sure what those are actually). That's why I think they aren't putting new models, just recoloring the old ones, so that they show us what the Editor can do. I still hope there will be plenty of things to Edit, so that we can make some cool stuff with it. :)

By the way, I completely agree on the units there. Angels, Titans, Behemoths, Hydras and some Golems would be great addition to KB, and Minotaurs would do the trick as well. To tell the truth, I completely expected Angels to show up as a 5th Level units for Humans when I played KB - TL for the first time. Was pretty disappointed there. Still haven't found a fair match for the awesomeness of the KB, though.

And the Crossworlds is closer every second. :grin::grin::grin:

clinek
06-21-2010, 09:59 PM
i dont really care if im able to make the units look completely different or not. Ill color a peasant blue and call it a dragon ha ha. I just wanna know if you can edit unit stats, skills, and thier names without actually editing the files and such. Modding units the old fashion way is a real pain in the ass. It would be really cool if they made that possible

BB Shockwave
06-21-2010, 10:04 PM
I agree with the above posters. Still, if we can find a way to import other 3D models from other games into KB, there'd be great possibilities...

clinek
06-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Thats asking a bit much though. If you look at games like the elder scrolls 3 morrowind, they give you all the tools that you need to create as much stuff as you want from the construction set. Just give us the resources and we will make better units than the designers of the games. Can you imagine how many different types of units people would create and how seemingly endless the game could be if modding units and the maps was available to all of us? People would make a mod that is twice the size both KB:AP and TL put together as well as a wide array of units and items. People already do it without the game editor. That might be bad business for the company though. If everyone is creating stuff, what ideas would be left for them for the next game?

Elias_Maluco
06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Thats asking a bit much though. If you look at games like the elder scrolls 3 morrowind, they give you all the tools that you need to create as much stuff as you want from the construction set. Just give us the resources and we will make better units than the designers of the games. Can you imagine how many different types of units people would create and how seemingly endless the game could be if modding units and the maps was available to all of us? People would make a mod that is twice the size both KB:AP and TL put together as well as a wide array of units and items. People already do it without the game editor. That might be bad business for the company though. If everyone is creating stuff, what ideas would be left for them for the next game?

How is that bad business? MODs can keep the players hooked to the game til the next expansion or game or even, if the users create good enough material, interest new players. Keeping an active community is always good for any game. User created content is never bad business.

Look at the new Starcraft 2 editor. Shit is so powerful its basically a game making tool. People that arent into RTS are getting interested on SC2 just for the editor.

clinek
06-22-2010, 06:39 PM
its not bad business for this expansion, as a matter of fact, it would draw in so many more people but its bad for future kings bounty games. The style of Kings bounty, HOMM, ect is so original but if everyone has access to create new units there leaves little room for new and exciting ones. When you have such massive games like World of warcraft and the elder scrolls series, there are endless possibilities on map expansion as with kings bounty but its more of a concern with new units. If everyone on this forum makes a new unit, how many orginal ones do the game designer have to come up with? Its just taking away some of the excitment for the new games. I know if i created all the units i had in mind, I really wouldn't be that excited about the creatures that the designer came up with in the next game. I would be excited about the new quest and items but an essential part of the game is just less desireable past this point.

Heroe
06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Do the devs read this forum? I would like someone to make thread of suggestion about the bad things that were in legend, and in AP.. and about the good things in previous games.

P.S. somebody mentioned morrowind? :) what an epic game! :)

clinek
06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
thats actually a really good idea. i think im going to start that now. and your god danm right that morrowind is a great game. KB is awesome but the elder scrolls series is the best ever created BY FAR. i heard they may be in the process of a new one called Alinor which takes place in the summerset isle. Its just specualtion at this point though

Zechnophobe
06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Random Ideas:

1) Don't limit how many units you can have in your army by the leadership, instead limit how many from your army you take into combat. So you can have 1000 black dragons, but only the first 4 will follow you into combat.

2) Rebalance melee units, especially those that can be retaliated against, and have low hit points. Give them SUBSTANTIALLY more damage, or damage resistance. Dwarves, foremen, barbarians, berserkers, dragonflies, etc... most of these units are just not worth using because Melee units are so inherently weak in their mode of attack.

3) Make ranged units have a MAX range. It wouldn't be so bad with melee units if the 'ranged' ones weren't infinite range. Even doing half damage they still do so much more.

4) Make more ranged units actually HAVE a melee penalty. I think the only one in the game that does is the bowmen. Either that, or make it not 'the norm' to have a melee penalty and then give bowmen a trait making them specifically do less damage in melee.

5) Give some units weakness to Poison.

6) Allow druids to cast "Overgrowth" ability that resurrects plant units.

7) More unit variety throughout the early game! Only problem with both AP and TL that I've really got, is that you NEVER get certain classes of units in the early game. I wanna try out a small army of demons some time!

8) Berserkers aren't well designed. Humans would strictly rather have barbarians, AI would strictly have berserkers. There is almost no interesting overlap.

9) Make Bless cost less, and/or last longer.

10) For 'wife' or 'armor bearer' style units, make their starting locations randomized a bit. Add s'more variety.

11) Give single unit summons +1 Morale for each point of Summoning Skill.

12) Include better descriptions for items (A lot are poorly translated or just baffling).

13) Create an 'auto-save' for each new game, so a person can elect to restart that same game.

Zhuangzi
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
14. Hurry up and release the game! I need my KB fix for 2010. :-P

Mandea
06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Zechnophobe has excellent ideas. I like almost all of them.

pavned
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Zechnophobe

For Wife/Armor bearer I think we should be able to get a party of them but be able to select only one for battle. They should have their own reserve of tropps, so in battle it will be like the last battle of KB:AP where you can't cointral their troop but makes it intersting.

Plus they should add more avdenture related ability like the scripting of scroll from Elenhel

clinek
06-23-2010, 03:47 PM
you guys know that i did start a thread specifically for suggestions, complaints, ect for this game. I started it so hopefully the designers of the game (if they even read the forum) would look to see some common complaints. please post some ideas there if you have them. Zechnophobe, I think your ideas really good. I tried to avoid asking for them to change the game too much though. When you say ranged units should have a range max, it think it would be more appropriate to say it should do more damage the closer the units are away from the archer. If you shoot a gun for example, its going to do more damage to a close object as opposed to one further away and you are also going to have more accuracy. I agree 100% with how no units have a weakness to poisen. your first suggestion, that why we have reserve slots.:). For your second suggestion, i mentioned in my thread that the mod made by pcbun about how units have individual levels should be implemented into the game. you can give certain benefits to units by leveling them up. If you wanna take peasants along your entire game, they will eventually become tanks due to gaining levels and having new skills.

I agree with your 6th suggestion. The seventh suggestion is cool, but i want something to look forward to later in the game. If for example, you have access to archdemons, and dragons at the first castle, you really have no challenge in the beggining. berserkers do suck for us, but keep in mind that enemy heroes cant use spells when its thier turn either. we have the benefits of rage and mana, i guess its only fair for the enemy to have some type of advantage. i do agree with the rest of your suggestions though. Read mine tell me what you think

Elias_Maluco
06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Inst too late for gameplay sugestions? They are probably just fininshing the game as we speak.

clinek
06-23-2010, 06:50 PM
well we already know what this game is all about but this thread is designed more for later games that they make. KB:TL wasn't very popular at first because no one really knew about it. I was actually drunk at north carolina when i found KB:TL at a dollar general for 5 dollars. future KB games on the other hand will continue to grow in success due to how much everyone is now raving about first two. My point is, more KB games will be made in the future and we are just trying to give some suggestions towards improving the gameplay for the later games

Metroplex
06-23-2010, 09:13 PM
One feature I would love in future KB games would be the ability to sell back troops you no longer need as you've found better ones...

Zechnophobe
06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, SOMEthing to do with extra troops would be nice. Put them to work on the farm? Sell to animal handlers? Dunno.

clinek
06-24-2010, 01:04 AM
yea i dont know about putting troops to work at a farm. a 20 ton fire breathing behemoth like a black dragon wouldn't mix very well with a farm... thats like putting ents to work as a chimney sweep. i think i would sell my peasants to the dragons in ultrax

Metroplex
06-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Some shops when you visit them have empty boxes, so that should be a place to sell back unwanted troops for a set price, say half the price you paid for them.

Mandea
06-24-2010, 04:36 AM
I would rather pay to convert the troops I no longer need with those I want. Selling them wouldn't return much money.

BB Shockwave
06-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Random Ideas:

1) Don't limit how many units you can have in your army by the leadership, instead limit how many from your army you take into combat. So you can have 1000 black dragons, but only the first 4 will follow you into combat.

Why? We have the Reserve slots for the exact same purposes. Maybe give us 3 more reserve slots.

2) Rebalance melee units, especially those that can be retaliated against, and have low hit points. Give them SUBSTANTIALLY more damage, or damage resistance. Dwarves, foremen, barbarians, berserkers, dragonflies, etc... most of these units are just not worth using because Melee units are so inherently weak in their mode of attack.

I'm sorry to say, but... have you even finished the game? How can you say this? Ranged units are powerfull, but so are melee units. Gorguls, Black Knights, Tirexes, Black Dragons... they do incredible damage in melee. Of course, if you are playing a mage with weak attack skills, they don't do that much - but neither do your ranged units. The game is perfectly balanced that way, melee units are not weak, in fact, In battle I sometimes fear enemy melee units more then ranged ones. Have you ever seen how much damage a stack of 3000-4000 Dragonflies can do? I had fights with 10-15 stacks of dragons and thousands of dragonflies, and I had to sheep/fear the latter because they could wreak havoc if let loose.

3) Make ranged units have a MAX range. It wouldn't be so bad with melee units if the 'ranged' ones weren't infinite range. Even doing half damage they still do so much more.

You again make it seem like they do that much damage... They don't. You are not playing right. I have never had problems with enemy ranged units.

If you really fear them, use creatures like Bone dragons or skeletons - they take only 1/3 damage from ranged attacks, no matter what type.

4) Make more ranged units actually HAVE a melee penalty. I think the only one in the game that does is the bowmen. Either that, or make it not 'the norm' to have a melee penalty and then give bowmen a trait making them specifically do less damage in melee.

OK... so how about Skeleton Archers, Druids, Beholders/Evil Beholders, Catapults, Archmages, Necromancers...

And even the no-melee units can be easily beaten with the right combination. Sure Elves are tough even in melee, but if you use, say, a Ghost to block them? They are pitiful against that +50% physical resistance. Similary, magic damage dealers blocked by a Black Dragon are dead already.

5) Give some units weakness to Poison.

I think the current situation - where some units have absolutely nil poison resistance - is good enough. I regulary use Poison attacks to kill dragons, only damage type they have no defense against.

6) Allow druids to cast "Overgrowth" ability that resurrects plant units.

Agreed there, though maybe Ancient Ents should get this - it'd give them something to do while they get to the enemy.

7) More unit variety throughout the early game! Only problem with both AP and TL that I've really got, is that you NEVER get certain classes of units in the early game. I wanna try out a small army of demons some time!

I think the "Arena" part of crossworlds will be just that. But if we get the Editor, we can easily do maps where you can, for example, hire all Level 1-2 type units in the first maps, and then later higher level ones on other maps.

8) Berserkers aren't well designed. Humans would strictly rather have barbarians, AI would strictly have berserkers. There is almost no interesting overlap.

IT's the same as Berserkers have been in HOMMIV, I think that's the inspiration for them. I never use them and the Berserk spell as well, because I like to control my units. (Side note, wouldn't it be nice to have a Berserk spell that works like in Heroes?)

9) Make Bless cost less, and/or last longer.

With high intellect, it lasts for plenty of rounds. And the mass version is costly only, which is OK IMHO.

10) For 'wife' or 'armor bearer' style units, make their starting locations randomized a bit. Add s'more variety.

Again, editor. I have some ideas for armor bearers myself that I want to try out. I'm curious about this new rumored armor-bearer werewolf-dragon who is an unit that fights by your side in battle...

11) Give single unit summons +1 Morale for each point of Summoning Skill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't summons get the same morale bonuses as your own units?

12) Include better descriptions for items (A lot are poorly translated or just baffling).

Agreed. Especially add better explanations for morale items, what they like or dislike.

13) Create an 'auto-save' for each new game, so a person can elect to restart that same game.

I think people should be smart enough to do that for themselves. The game with the 3 Quicksave slots and castle autosave system is very well designed in that regard.

Zhuangzi
06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I would like to see the ability to sell units too - it's annoying having to stash units in castles, especially when you know you'll never use them again.

Another thing I'd like is variable costs for units based on location. Would add a randomising element that might mean you'd use a different unit than you normally would because you got them cheaper.

LASTLY, a screen showing unit locations for purchase - something like the search screen in Space Rangers 2.

jake21
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
I would like to see the ability to sell units too - it's annoying having to stash units in castles, especially when you know you'll never use them again.

To me this is part of the strategy (combined with scarce money (at least at the start; in KB-L money was better balanced makiing the sale talent a real factor; in KB-AP money is excessive once you get midlevel)

Another thing I'd like is variable costs for units based on location. Would add a randomising element that might mean you'd use a different unit than you normally would because you got them cheaper.

This might be interesting; trade travel for moeny

LASTLY, a screen showing unit locations for purchase - something like the search screen in Space Rangers 2.

This would be very helpful; to me these kind of features are 'proper' as they display what you have already learned. The catch is that it NOT display when units change at a location until you visit the location again (i.e, no knowledge is provided beyond what you ahve already learned).

--

Zhuangzi
06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Yep that last point is probably the most important for me. I'm too lazy to put notes on the map or anything, and then I can't remember where that stash of Royal Griffins was exactly. :-P

Can't friggin' wait for this. Even without my wishlist.

Heroe
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Just use notes on the map to write where your favourite units are sold.
There is absolutely no need for all unit shop database.I hope they wont make game-website game...
Its enough that games lost their true interface by making them look like website(in a way)

Zechnophobe
06-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Why? We have the Reserve slots for the exact same purposes. Maybe give us 3 more reserve slots.

No, there is a huge difference. Right now it is very difficult to manage fluctuations in leadership. Your Elf Crown gets unhappy? All your stacks rebel. You have to find a castle to drop off the excess troops, suppress it, and get them back. There don't exist things like 'a spring of valor that gives a small bonus to leadership for the next combat' because of how much of a pain it would be to organize your troops around it.

I'm sorry to say, but... have you even finished the game? How can you say this? Ranged units are powerfull, but so are melee units. Gorguls, Black Knights, Tirexes, Black Dragons... they do incredible damage in melee. Of course, if you are playing a mage with weak attack skills, they don't do that much - but neither do your ranged units. The game is perfectly balanced that way, melee units are not weak, in fact, In battle I sometimes fear enemy melee units more then ranged ones. Have you ever seen how much damage a stack of 3000-4000 Dragonflies can do? I had fights with 10-15 stacks of dragons and thousands of dragonflies, and I had to sheep/fear the latter because they could wreak havoc if let loose.

Almost every ranged unit in the game is a viable unit to use in your main army. Can you say the same for melee units? Dwarves, hyena's, bears (all three flavors) orcs, furious goblins, dragonflies, peasants, thorn warriors, spiders, foremen, miners, barbarians, berserkers, cerberus, unicorns, swordsman, guardsman...

Maybe you've used a few of those units for a little while... but most of them are gargbage. Oh no, a stack of 3000 to 4000 dragon flies! They do decent damage and then die in droves to the first thing that attacks them.

You again make it seem like they do that much damage... They don't. You are not playing right. I have never had problems with enemy ranged units.

If you really fear them, use creatures like Bone dragons or skeletons - they take only 1/3 damage from ranged attacks, no matter what type.

Fear? this isn't about my worry that they'll hurt me, but rather that my choice for army is strongly limited against certain types of units. A slow melee unit is simply stupidly easy to defeat. You can kill MASSIVELY overleadership forces if all they have are bears, hyenas, dragonflies, etc, and they'll never get even close to you.

OK... so how about Skeleton Archers, Druids, Beholders/Evil Beholders, Catapults, Archmages, Necromancers...

And even the no-melee units can be easily beaten with the right combination. Sure Elves are tough even in melee, but if you use, say, a Ghost to block them? They are pitiful against that +50% physical resistance. Similary, magic damage dealers blocked by a Black Dragon are dead already.

I guess I wasn't really clear, I was referring to units that ONLY have a melee attack. Not ones that can fly, hit multiple stacks, and do long rows of damage as well.

I think the current situation - where some units have absolutely nil poison resistance - is good enough. I regulary use Poison attacks to kill dragons, only damage type they have no defense against.

Yeah, but you'd think that SOME kinds of units would be harder to kill with poison? Just seems like a wasted design opportunity.

Agreed there, though maybe Ancient Ents should get this - it'd give them something to do while they get to the enemy.

I think the "Arena" part of crossworlds will be just that. But if we get the Editor, we can easily do maps where you can, for example, hire all Level 1-2 type units in the first maps, and then later higher level ones on other maps.

IT's the same as Berserkers have been in HOMMIV, I think that's the inspiration for them. I never use them and the Berserk spell as well, because I like to control my units. (Side note, wouldn't it be nice to have a Berserk spell that works like in Heroes?)

With high intellect, it lasts for plenty of rounds. And the mass version is costly only, which is OK IMHO.

With high intellect, you very likely have better spells to cast. This spell costs 10 fricken mana at level one, for two turns of bless. It's absolutely silly.

Again, editor. I have some ideas for armor bearers myself that I want to try out. I'm curious about this new rumored armor-bearer werewolf-dragon who is an unit that fights by your side in battle...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't summons get the same morale bonuses as your own units?

They do not. And I was really just trying to think of a way to make summons like the phoenix and book a little better based on the skills we currently have.

Agreed. Especially add better explanations for morale items, what they like or dislike.

I think people should be smart enough to do that for themselves. The game with the 3 Quicksave slots and castle autosave system is very well designed in that regard.

It's a feature, because users are dumb :P. Well, more reasonably, an initial save is great when you didn't realize that you wanted to share this game. CIV 4 did this, and it was awesome. If you had an interesting map, or the randomness of the game was cooler than normal, you could go back and find the initial save and send it to a friend.

I know I've had some games of KB where I wish I'd had an early, non overwritten, save of the game to share with some people. Would also let us do a 'gave of the month' type thing.

clinek
06-25-2010, 07:02 PM
guys, not all units are supposed to be equally useful. That just the way the game is and that just the way all other games are. thats like saying all items in the game should be equally as good. its not designed to work that way either. would the game really be possible to beat if all units were just as good. If for example bears could teleport anywhere on the battlefield, you would be murdered. Most enemy stacks that you face are well over twice your leadership and i really dont think i could go through the game fighting an army of black dragons that has twice my leadership. i dont think any of you would either. why do you think you get certain units later on in the game? Why do you also think that you get bears, hyenas, peasants, ect early on in the game? bears have great health, great defense, and have great damage when they get attacked, they just have shitty movement. if you went head to head with them you would lose, we just use strategy to beat them. thats what this comes down to. Dragonflies are terrible units when it comes down to it but if you equip a couple items that gives 1+ poisen/fire damage, they do INCREDIBLE damage, have good movement, and good initiative which will allow them to attack first. It all boils down to one thing, strategy. Anyone here who has played the game and knows the ins and outs should be able to win flawlessly with almost any unit stacks (like i said some do just plain suck). Im sure when you first played KB:TL you thought bears were gods when you first got them at that little animal place in debir because of how much damage they could soak up and because of how damage they could dish out compared to all the other units in that area. I wont lie, thier movement makes them blow ass but they sure as hell can soak up a lot of damage and send it right back the enemies way. I dont want every unit to be equal. Some are just better and that the way it should stay.

Zechnophobe
06-26-2010, 12:15 AM
There is a difference between not all being equal, and a large number of the units be fairly useless. I mean, almost the entire dwarf race is unplayably terrible.

I'd much rather each race be roughly equal, with a few 'all star' units that will pull you in one direction or another when you are considering army makeup. That's how it works with elves.

Heroe
07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
i hope they wont make each unit as good as the other... or else it wont make any difference, a bear or a black dragon... games need crap units crap spells.(it may sound weird but its true)

bladeking77
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I agree with @Heroe. If all Units/Spells/Items were equally good, you wouldn't know which to choose. It would just create unnecessary confusion. This way, if you want to ease it for yourself, you can choose stronger units and if you want a challenge, you can choose weaker units.
By the way, I still haven't seen a unit in KB that totally suck. Even the worst of them have at least some advantages.

May the Devs keep up the good work in Corssworlds as Well. :grin:

Heroe
07-01-2010, 03:51 PM
cant wait for crossworlds. I hope it will contain many bosses.Damn in AP bosses were fun to fight, especially driller on that bridge.I wished he went even more far and far away.. Epic boss. ;)

Metathron
07-01-2010, 04:09 PM
It's not about making all units equally good. Is that even possible?

It's about giving the sucky units more of a fighting chance. I'd be quite satisfied with giving these sub-par units an extra boost, perhaps something in the vein of the zombie's pass ability.

bladeking77
07-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I know what you're trying to say and I mostly agree with you.
Several units are too weak to use... But that still doesn't mean that they can't be a real pain in the ass when your opponent has them.
And I'm not saying that they shouldn't make them a little stronger. I too would love to see some of those units have cool talents, or at least better stats.
I would also like to say that there are also some too strong units on AP. TL was better balanced and therefore more of a Challenge (On Impossible) than AP.

I hope we understand each other, :grin: and I hope that Crossworlds is pretty much already done and that they are now taking time to Balance and Polish it. :grin:

rickah88
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Why am I not surprised I didn't get an answer to my question as to whether this game will be available on hard copy: initially, later, or never??

travelingoz
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Zechonophobe,

Reading between the lines here...Seems like you want the new expansion designed to conform specifically to your style of play!

The beauty of TL and AP was/is it's ability to accommodate almost any style of play! Sure some units are lame but as others have already pointed out, when an NPC has 1000's of them, they present their own unique challenges!

And because of most of the things you want changed, the game has excellent re-playability! Hopefully the Dev's will use the same commonsense that has already produced 2 winners and give us a 3rd installment at least equal in fun as the first 2!

Zechnophobe
07-13-2010, 05:43 AM
As odd as it sounds, I think I want the game to confirm oppositely to my play style :P. I feel the reason I play the way I do is because it is ultimately the most effective way, and would like it not to be!

Or I guess you could say that my play style is wanting to have a lot of different options. Then yes, I am horribly biased towards having as many strategic options as possible.

Rhygadon
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Random Ideas:

This ... is absolutely brilliant. I agree with all your other suggestions ... but this one alone would instantly solve several of the most annoying problems in the game, without requiring significant recoding or rebalancing.

I hereby dub this concept Unlimited Non-combat Leadership.

Let us all chant its name until it echoes from the rafters and even the devs can hear it from their perch on Olympus!

UNLIMITED NON-COMBAT LEADERSHIP!

malcolmm
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
This ... is absolutely brilliant. I agree with all your other suggestions ... but this one alone would instantly solve several of the most annoying problems in the game, without requiring significant recoding or rebalancing.

I hereby dub this concept Unlimited Non-combat Leadership.

Let us all chant its name until it echoes from the rafters and even the devs can hear it from their perch on Olympus!

UNLIMITED NON-COMBAT LEADERSHIP!

This is not something I would be in favour of. I like the decisions involved with trying to determine which troops to select. Part of the decision process is how many are available for resupply locally.

Zechnophobe
07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Really? I don't think I've ever cared how many are nearby. I choose my force based on the total number of that troop available to me at the moment, and then by how good the unit is. I never grab troops because "hey they suck, but at least there's a lot of them nearby."

welcome
07-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Why am I not surprised I didn't get an answer to my question as to whether this game will be available on hard copy: initially, later, or never??

Since AP is coming out in hard copy, it's likely Crossroads will too.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78455

Pazvante
07-19-2010, 06:02 PM
AP is already out in hard copy -at least in Spain. It's €9.95.

I have already made a gift out of one copy to a friend.

It has a 34 page colour manual, a map of Teana and the stats/description of the bosses.

malcolmm
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Really? I don't think I've ever cared how many are nearby. I choose my force based on the total number of that troop available to me at the moment, and then by how good the unit is. I never grab troops because "hey they suck, but at least there's a lot of them nearby."

I didn't say easy availability of a unit was the only factor I considered, I said it was one thing I considered.

megakill
07-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes, Crossworlds will be released both in digital and retail. Digital - first.

Zechnophobe
07-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Do you know if the Digital release is still on track for Q3, by any chance?

You have responded like you know things, and therefore it is our job to extract every bit of information we can from you!

Mrzafka
07-28-2010, 07:01 AM
Polish publisher has King's Bounty: Crossworlds still scheduled for September 2010 on their web site. It's a boxed version and will be in Polish obviously. So let's keep our fingers crossed...

Zechnophobe
07-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Hmm, okay. I'll just buy another computer so I can play Civ V and Crossworlds at the same time.

megakill
08-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Do you know if the Digital release is still on track for Q3, by any chance?

You have responded like you know things, and therefore it is our job to extract every bit of information we can from you!

Well I kinda run the publishing business for 1C, so yes I know this for sure!
I am sorry that I cannot reply often in the forum. Release date is set for 17th.
There will be preorders on major sites, Steam for sure. We need couple more weeks to fix everything. Game will be also shown in Germany at GC.

Zechnophobe
08-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Well I kinda run the publishing business for 1C, so yes I know this for sure!
I am sorry that I cannot reply often in the forum. Release date is set for 17th.
There will be preorders on major sites, Steam for sure. We need couple more weeks to fix everything. Game will be also shown in Germany at GC.

Excellent! Thanks for the information! You've been pretty good lately about coming in and telling us stuff, and we appreciate it.

I even saw some Armored Princess ads on other websites recently, and was happily surprised to see that actual advertisements for it exist, since I'd only ever heard of it word of mouth, or via steam product lists.

Good luck on fixing everything :).

rickah88
08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
@ Megakill,

When will a hard copy be available in the US(Amazon, etc)? Or Amazon UK if that has an earlier release date?

Elias_Maluco
08-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes, Crossworlds will be released both in digital and retail. Digital - first.

So, can you tell when are we gonna have a preorder availiable? I would buy it right now if I could.

megakill
08-25-2010, 10:44 AM
US box and UK box dates are being now discussed with local publishers. For example THQ is just bringing KB AP to retail, so I assume that Crossworlds box would be later than digital for sure.

Preorders should start around 2 weeks before Sept 17th - we are finalizing this with Steam, GG and others participating in preorder deals. I assume it will be around 10% off minimum.

Plus we will bring KB platinum at a nice price - KB Legend + AP + Crossworlds + editor

Zhuangzi
08-25-2010, 10:58 AM
US box and UK box dates are being now discussed with local publishers. For example THQ is just bringing KB AP to retail, so I assume that Crossworlds box would be later than digital for sure.

Preorders should start around 2 weeks before Sept 17th - we are finalizing this with Steam, GG and others participating in preorder deals. I assume it will be around 10% off minimum.

Plus we will bring KB platinum at a nice price - KB Legend + AP + Crossworlds + editor

What about a bonus for us loyal fans who have already bought Legend and AP when they first came out? For instance, I have both from Gamersgate and will get Crossworlds the same way. Maybe a 20% discount on Crossworlds? :-P

megakill
08-25-2010, 11:06 AM
What about a bonus for us loyal fans who have already bought Legend and AP when they first came out? For instance, I have both from Gamersgate and will get Crossworlds the same way. Maybe a 20% discount on Crossworlds? :-P

Well, that maybe allowed me and my beautiful wife to have a daughter that is hopefully going to be even prettier than her mother. So you could be proud for taking some credit in helping to make this world a brighter place :-)

Seriously though, we have proposed various digital places to run their own deals for customers that bought previous games. We cannot control them, but I hope that some good deals would be offered.

Zhuangzi
08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, that maybe allowed me and my beautiful wife to have a daughter that is hopefully going to be even prettier than her mother. So you could be proud for taking some credit in helping to make this world a brighter place :-)

Seriously though, we have proposed various digital places to run their own deals for customers that bought previous games. We cannot control them, but I hope that some good deals would be offered.

Well, then I am proud to have bought them. In addition to the two digital copies I bought from Gamersgate, I also got a disc copy of The Legend and I will do the same for AP and Crossworlds eventually. To be perfectly honest with you I don't always pay for the games I play (it's about 50-50) but I am proud to support Katauri for making 3 games in a row that I really like (or 4 if you call Space Rangers 2 Reboot a different game from Space Rangers 2: Dominators).

I think we got a 10% discount on AP for preordering on Gamersgate so I presume it will be the same again for Crossworlds. Am I right in thinking that September 17 is the date we're looking at here?

megakill
08-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, then I am proud to have bought them. In addition to the two digital copies I bought from Gamersgate, I also got a disc copy of The Legend and I will do the same for AP and Crossworlds eventually. To be perfectly honest with you I don't always pay for the games I play (it's about 50-50) but I am proud to support Katauri for making 3 games in a row that I really like (or 4 if you call Space Rangers 2 Reboot a different game from Space Rangers 2: Dominators).

I think we got a 10% discount on AP for preordering on Gamersgate so I presume it will be the same again for Crossworlds. Am I right in thinking that September 17 is the date we're looking at here?

Where do you live? Maybe we can send you some special gift like a t-shirt with signatures of the devs or smth like that? Thank you for supporting our games so much!

Yes, Sept 17th is the Day. :-)

Zhuangzi
08-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Where do you live? Maybe we can send you some special gift like a t-shirt with signatures of the devs or smth like that? Thank you for supporting our games so much!

Yes, Sept 17th is the Day. :-)

I live in Western Australia. Yes, a t-shirt would be cool! To think that I only heard about King's Bounty just before it came out in 2008 because I was looking for info on Disciples III! 2 years on, I've played hundreds of hours of the two KB games and I can't even be bothered buying Disciples III after I played the demo and wasn't impressed (lovely art - horrible AI).

EDIT: just got myself a DVD copy of AP new on ebay for US$22. I wanted to get this eventually anyway in case Gamersgate ever goes bust. :)

megakill
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I live in Western Australia. Yes, a t-shirt would be cool! To think that I only heard about King's Bounty just before it came out in 2008 because I was looking for info on Disciples III! 2 years on, I've played hundreds of hours of the two KB games and I can't even be bothered buying Disciples III after I played the demo and wasn't impressed (lovely art - horrible AI).

EDIT: just got myself a DVD copy of AP new on ebay for US$22. I wanted to get this eventually anyway in case Gamersgate ever goes bust. :)

I have passed info about you to the team. Hope they will act properly or face my wrath :-)))

Zhuangzi
08-26-2010, 12:29 AM
I have passed info about you to the team. Hope they will act properly or face my wrath :-)))

Thanks Megakill. Looking forward to being able to preorder on Gamersgate. :)

feanor
08-26-2010, 07:33 AM
KB:C new screens http://beta.orange.pl/gry-galerie-zdjec.phtml

Zhuangzi
08-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Posted this in the AP forum but I'm not sure if anyone's still reading that:

Guys, is there a way of UNINSTALLING the Gift Back without reinstalling AP? I ask this because the new Crossworlds expansion is apparently able to be installed over the top of AP, so I don't want any issues with the Gift Bag being there (I have the problem of hard crashes when I switch between Gift Bag on or off).

megakill
08-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Guys, is there a way of UNINSTALLING the Gift Back without reinstalling AP? I ask this because the new Crossworlds expansion is apparently able to be installed over the top of AP, so I don't want any issues with the Gift Bag being there (I have the problem of hard crashes when I switch between Gift Bag on or off).

Not sure, will try to find out.
However I found out complete info on the editor and posted it in a separate thread :-)

mare911
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM

Uninstalling >> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=177138&postcount=90

For your freezing problem try this >> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=161197&postcount=79

Zhuangzi
08-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks mare911, it's back to normal now. :)

Tianx
08-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Does this mean we cannot install the gift-bag and crossworld at the same time?

Nike-it
08-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Does this mean we cannot install the gift-bag and crossworld at the same time?

Unfortunately you can't. You will need to install Crossworlds on clean Armored Princess (no gifft-bag or other mods).

feanor
08-27-2010, 06:13 PM
3 versions for King's Bounty: Crossworlds

1C company has announced that King's Bounty: Crossworlds will be sold in three different versions. Before I go further still says that for now it does not concern France since it leaves our shores as December 10. The first for a price of $ 19.99 will require the game KB: Armored Princess to settle and it will add all new features and campaigns Crossworlds. The second for a price of $ 29.99 will be a standalone version of Crossworlds and will not request any other game to work. The third will find ourselves in a pack Crossworlds more original King's Bounty for a price of $ 34.99.

http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-7648-versions-pour-kings-bounty-crossworlds

Mivo
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Before I go further still says that for now it does not concern France since it leaves our shores as December 10.

The German release date seems to be September 23rd. My gamestore has it listed for 17.98 Euro (the expansion that requires AP). Doesn't concern me, though, since I bought KB:TL and KB:AP at GamersGate, and will get CW there, as well. Comes out a little sooner anyway. :)

markgil
08-29-2010, 01:24 PM
will crossroads be available on impulse?

Nike-it
08-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Sure it will. Crossworlds will be available in all popular digital stores.

markgil
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Sure it will. Crossworlds will be available in all popular digital stores.

thanks!

rickah88
08-31-2010, 02:03 PM
When will Crossworlds be available as a physical copy via Amazon, preferably in the US...or UK if that is scheduled sooner?

megakill
08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
When will Crossworlds be available as a physical copy via Amazon, preferably in the US...or UK if that is scheduled sooner?

I believe it will be couple of months after digital release.

malcolmm
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
3 versions for King's Bounty: Crossworlds

1C company has announced that King's Bounty: Crossworlds will be sold in three different versions. Before I go further still says that for now it does not concern France since it leaves our shores as December 10. The first for a price of $ 19.99 will require the game KB: Armored Princess to settle and it will add all new features and campaigns Crossworlds. The second for a price of $ 29.99 will be a standalone version of Crossworlds and will not request any other game to work. The third will find ourselves in a pack Crossworlds more original King's Bounty for a price of $ 34.99.

http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-7648-versions-pour-kings-bounty-crossworlds

If those are the prices for North America, that's very reasonable. Since I already have AP and Legend, I will only have to pay $20. No point in waiting for a sale, that's an instant sale.

Nike-it
09-01-2010, 06:46 AM
If those are the prices for North America, that's very reasonable. Since I already have AP and Legend, I will only have to pay $20. No point in waiting for a sale, that's an instant sale.

Yep, these are recommended prices for US market.

Elias_Maluco
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Quick question: I read here that Crossworlds demands a clean intall of AP. But I have Gift Pack installed and I dont want to uninstall it (I have a half-finished game going on).

Is it possible to install AP again on a different location to keep AP with Gift Pack and Crossworlds at the same time?

jake21
09-02-2010, 12:40 AM
As a follow on question does crossroad add the items found in giftbag ?

Quick question: I read here that Crossworlds demands a clean intall of AP. But I have Gift Pack installed and I dont want to uninstall it (I have a half-finished game going on).

Is it possible to install AP again on a different location to keep AP with Gift Pack and Crossworlds at the same time?

jake21
09-02-2010, 03:04 PM
bumping because I'm curious if crossworld includes gift bag or if we have to uinstall gift bag; then in stall crossworld then (can we reinstall giftbag?)

Zhuangzi
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Nike-it said in another thread that we'd have to do a clean install of AP before installing Crossworlds, i.e. to get rid of the Gift Bag. I would presume that many of the Gift Bag items are now in the Orcs of the Marsh campaign, but not having playing it yet I can't say that for sure.

Nike-it
09-03-2010, 07:01 AM
bumping because I'm curious if crossworld includes gift bag or if we have to uinstall gift bag; then in stall crossworld then (can we reinstall giftbag?)

For installing Crossworlds you will need to uninstall all mods and use clean AP. About items from gift bag in Crossworlds can't say now, should check it with the devs.

feanor
09-03-2010, 02:13 PM
KBC new videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrkvracBUs

Aesir
09-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately you can't. You will need to install Crossworlds on clean Armored Princess (no gifft-bag or other mods).

Unlike any other game+expansion on Steam, CW installs and overwrites game files for AP. This means, you can't play AP if you have CW and vice-versa. I realize you think that CW is supposed to be played instead of AP, but for a growing number of reasons, including mod compatibility, a complete failure for Verify GCF (a steam client function) to work correctly if you do it to the AP game link instead of the CW game link and...perhaps most painful for new users with completely clean installs - a loss of the larger, more detailed, and more basic game manual.

Why are you setting Crossworlds to overwrite the ..\kings bounty armored princess\ folder contents in Steam?
If you have separate appIDs in Steam, these problems go away entirely, as long as there is a separate install folder, for example:

..\Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty crossworlds\

Instead, folks are getting a messed up install - and some do not even realize they're playing Crossworlds with bits of old game data from Armored Princess (or vice versa).

Burekman
09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
@Aesir

Company of Heroes works in the same way and so does Dawn of War II. The expansion Chaos Rising installs in the same folder that the main game is installed to. It is not an uncommon practice to do things like that. In fact, only standalone expansions are usually installed in seperate folders, and Crossworlds isn't like that. It requires AP to run.

Of course the way this probably works is, you are "upgrading" AP into Crossworlds, so yeah, the mods and things like that won't work anymore because you are now running a different version of the game. If you want to start the vanilla version of AP, it doesn't exist anymore once the expansion is installed. This is why if you start either AP or Crossworlds form Steam, they both get you into the new menu where you can chose one of the 4 campaigns.

If you still want to start AP you have to first uninstall Crossworlds (right click -> Delete local content) and then "reinstall" Armored Princess (right click on AP -> Properties -> verify integrity of game cache).

Therefore, it is also logical that you shouldn't verify AP game cache if you have Crossworlds installed, as Crossworlds is the most recent version. You are verifying game data for the previous version of the game which doesn't exist anymore once Crossworlds is installed.