PDA

View Full Version : Dear 1C, official word on steam MoW patch?

djsatane
05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello,

I am one of many Men of War owners who bought their copy on Steam. We are stuck on patch 1.11.3 for a long time now.

Now, as everyone is aware there is official patch released 1.17.5 and 1.17.5.1(hotfix) for all owners of Men of War *EXCEPT* the people who bought the game on steam. There are no updates for the game on steam and there is no official word anywhere that one can find about it. When trying to ask about it on DMS forums threads are locked and we are guided to ask these questions here.

So here it is, 1C whats the status on 1.17.5.x patch for Men of War for steam version of the game? When will it be released?

Its been almost a month now since these patches were released for everyone else but steam version owners. Are steam owners neglected for a reason? Are we not important enough?

Thanks for your time.

Nike-it
05-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Guys, we sent the patch files to Steam and must be out ASAP. I'll check the situation once again.

djsatane
05-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Guys, we sent the patch files to Steam and must be out ASAP. I'll check the situation once again.

Thanks!

[SOE]No.Mam
05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
question:

who is owner or dev from official MoW homepage? BestWay or 1C?

is it realy so hard to add a downloadlink or information from last patch (1.17.5 + .17.5.1) to official MoW homepage? :evil:

KnightFandragon
05-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Whats the hot fix all about? gunna have to go find it

Korsakov829
05-19-2010, 11:11 AM
1.17.5.1 fixes issues with singleplayer.

I don't know whats going on with the homepage, looks like its been abandoned.

Nike-it
05-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Right now the official MOW site is closed for any updates, we will place all relent files ASAP.

djsatane
05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello, thanks for your replies.

I have a suggestion. If the updating of the Steam version of Man of war game takes a long process due to circumstances related to how Valve operates or whatever else here is suggestion:

Release a 1.17.5.1 patch for Steam owners of Men of War game that user can manually patch their steam version of the game. This involves disabling auto update for the game in steam and its no big deal. Many steam owners do this for other games.

Problem currently is, 1.17.5.1 seems to be out for everyone but steam owners, if the files were already sent to Valve, why not package it as manual patch for steam owners and release it for download.

thanks.

Dwarden
05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
i add my word to this, i really hope You guys already gave 1.17.5.1 to Valve and can have talk (ideally over phone) with them to put it on asap...

it's real shame that most of STEAM users can't play or refuse to play because of just 'not working/missing' patch ...

it also hurt sales and i'm pretty sure up2date Men of War with some nice discount may sell like crazy :)

sithmace
05-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Right now the official MOW site is closed for any updates, we will place all relent files ASAP.

Not very encouraging since i only just a day or so ago purchased this game.

Any chance in a progress report on how talks with steam have gone? im quite abit anoyed i have just spent money on this game to then find out the only person i can play online with is the other poor steam members who cant get the patch installed due to the lack of there being one for steam atm.

There is literaly 0-1 servers up for 1.11.3/1.16 versions.

Its very fustrating seeing a huge list of servers with players who purchased a hard copy of the game and then finding out you cannot join a single one of them.

So any info you have on this situation would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks.

Korsakov829
05-25-2010, 01:05 PM
ASAP: As Soon As Possible

Don't think anybody got a chance to do anything about 1.17.5.1 patch on Steam.

sithmace
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
ASAP: As Soon As Possible

Don't think anybody got a chance to do anything about 1.17.5.1 patch on Steam.

Not being funny or anything mate but apparently this patch has "un-officially" been out for some time now, not only has the 1.17 patch been out, the 1.17.5.1 has been out alil bit now and the 1.16 has been out a bolt load longer, i think for them not to have atleast the 1.16 patch on steam yet is by far insane to think they havnt been given the "chance" yet.

Every other game on steam manages to get updated when hard copys are updated, if something is stopping customers getting the full features of the product they purchased it should be priority number 1 to make sure that they are able to within the shortest time possible.

Its like giving you a baseball bat and a ball, and a team to play with, but putting a fence between you and the team, its just retarded.

I suppose alot more people have more right to be raging about this but since i only brought the game days ago i feel i have been cheated out of the online experience and this should be stated on the steam version if its not going to be updated for a good while to come.

Korsakov829
05-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Every other game on steam manages to get updated when hard copys are updated, if something is stopping customers getting the full features of the product they purchased it should be priority number 1 to make sure that they are able to within the shortest time possible.

Every other game on Steam usually comes from North America, like Modern Warfare 2, which is often updated. This is not the case with Eastern European games. The patch files should soon be available, just wait a week longer.

Dwarden
05-25-2010, 08:35 PM
and yet another week passed and nothing is resolved ...

sithmace
05-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Can we atleast get an update on the situation and why its taking as long as it is?

Korsakov829
05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Contact the person who usually gives updates on situations.

gulfy32
05-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Almost 2 weeks since this post, anyone home?

Nikitns
05-31-2010, 08:59 AM
just download the patch, install it into a fake MoW folder then copy & paste into ur steam MoW folder. U will then get an Outfront exe which u can use for Multiplayer.

I too have Steam version and I play MoW 1.1.75 or whatever it's called just fine

Check the MoW forum on steam if ur in doubt.

PS. valve isn't usually this slow.....

djsatane
06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Steam has just updated my MoW game to 1.17.5 version, is this the latest? In game it says 1.17.5, I thought latest was hotfix 1.17.5.1? Since there is no news on steam abuot this update I just wanted to ask here.

Korsakov829
06-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Steam has just updated my MoW game to 1.17.5 version, is this the latest? In game it says 1.17.5, I thought latest was hotfix 1.17.5.1? Since there is no news on steam abuot this update I just wanted to ask here.

Better then then no update though, right?

[SOE]No.Mam
06-03-2010, 08:35 AM
1.17.5.1 was only a hotfix for first, old 1.17.5 patch. actual 1.17.5 patch include 1.17.5.1 hotfix.