PDA

View Full Version : GiantBomb Quicklook WoP

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Not BoP exactly but it's a good vid and some nice publicity for the console version.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-wings-of-prey/17-2489/

winny
05-17-2010, 07:16 PM
It's interesting hearing a pure 'gamers' view on the game... As opposed to all the Simmers opinions that we normally get.

They're having fun with it which is the best advert for it..

Does anyone know if WoP is available as a download or is it just hard copies?

I'm tempted because it just looks tighter(?) than BoP.

dkwookie
05-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I got it from steam Winny. You can get it half price from the yuplay site I believe.

bobbysocks
05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Wings of Prey available for online purchase via yuPlay

Gaijin Entertainment is proud to announce the release of the downloadable version of Wings of Prey, a new World War II flight combat simulator for the PC. The eagerly anticipated game is available for online purchase through yuPlay.com for $49.99. Flight sim jockeys who acquire Wings of Prey through the digital distribution store will receive two exclusive planes at no extra cost.

The final version of Wings of Prey arrives on the heels of an intense gameplay and technology beta test. In the coming months, Gaijin will continue to enhance Wings of Prey and nurture a dynamic online community, with special emphasis given to the release of new missions and additional the planes. In addition, players will be able to stock their virtual hangars with some of the most powerful planes of the Second World War. The first downloadable plane, the Curtis P-40E, is available now for a small fee.

Buy and download Wings of Prey at yuPlay.com

Wings of Luftwaffe can be purchased for $15.00 USD from yuPlay.com

winny
05-17-2010, 07:54 PM
I got it from steam Winny. You can get it half price from the yuplay site I believe.

Cool, ta.

Is there a subscription fee to play it online?

dkwookie
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
No its free, you need to create a yuplay account but thats free

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
I still want to wait for the disc (if it's coming? :confused: )

Pretty amazed the demo ran so well on my four year old PC.

dkwookie
05-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah it doesnt seem to be that taxing on the PC hardware front. I put it on mine and got very smooth performance at 720p with maxed graphics.
The Steam version is limited to 3 installs which is pretty poor. I would rather get a disk version if it doesnt have this harsh DRM
That was a good video. Those guys trying to land and take off were hilarious

winny
05-17-2010, 10:19 PM
My PS3 has kinda made this an easy decison.. 2nd YLOD earlier and this time I'm not bothering with the screwdriver..

I'm downloading the demo..

winny
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Well the demo won't work on my laptop..

On the plus side I just got home with a nice new slim.. Gonna have quite an empty hanger for a while.

dkwookie
05-19-2010, 01:06 PM
If you decide to get the full wop let me know. We can go kick the crap out of some pc users on team battle!

Was your dead one a fat ps3? You will be surprised by how quiet the slim is. Only issue I have with it is headset pairing takes a lot longer

winny
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
If you decide to get the full wop let me know. We can go kick the crap out of some pc users on team battle!

Was your dead one a fat ps3? You will be surprised by how quiet the slim is. Only issue I have with it is headset pairing takes a lot longer

Yeah it was, the fat b'stard.. And the slim is nice and quiet, a little whiny for my liking, sounds like an angry wasp now instead of an AC-130.

Gilly
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Well the demo won't work on my laptop..

On the plus side I just got home with a nice new slim.. Gonna have quite an empty hanger for a while.

If it's only the drive winny you should be able to copy the data across via ethernet. There's instructions on the ps3 site

dkwookie
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah it was, the fat b'stard.. And the slim is nice and quiet, a little whiny for my liking, sounds like an angry wasp now instead of an AC-130.

Well either of those are better than the 360 spin dryer sound. My sons 360 is on bedroom floor and we can hear it in living room downstairs

winny
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Well either of those are better than the 360 spin dryer sound. My sons 360 is on bedroom floor and we can hear it in living room downstairs

Yep, the 360 certainly is a wonder of modern technology.