PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of getting this game....

Dr.Rockzo
05-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi all, I used to do IL-2 bigtime back in the days on PC but as years have passed my trusty old computer can't "keep up" with the most recent games anymore and I really can't afford a new one at the moment, HOWEVER, I've got a PS3 and I found out only yesterday that Il-2 had been released on the PS3. I used to play full realism back in the PC days with cockpit view only, manual mixture and propellar pitch settings etc. so I wonder if it is possible to adjust that on the PS3 version aswell? And also, is it possible to use my trusty old Saitek Evo FFS on the Playstation?

scottyvt4
05-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi all, I used to do IL-2 bigtime back in the days on PC but as years have passed my trusty old computer can't "keep up" with the most recent games anymore and I really can't afford a new one at the moment, HOWEVER, I've got a PS3 and I found out only yesterday that Il-2 had been released on the PS3. I used to play full realism back in the PC days with cockpit view only, manual mixture and propellar pitch settings etc. so I wonder if it is possible to adjust that on the PS3 version aswell? And also, is it possible to use my trusty old Saitek Evo FFS on the Playstation?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

there are a fair few that fly realistic, it will differ from the pc version, you can play cockpit, hud or third person! you cant adjust flaps in real but you can on sim. You can however adjust the arielons and elevators in real and sim. You aquire unlocks and aircraft as you play through the Campaign answell as online.

most of the ps3 guys are on the forum play realistic :)

as for aircraft this isnt in there Saitek Evo FFS but you will find this useful just click the link and its a full list of all the aircraft in the game ............ i think lol

click me (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10456[url)

and i would defo purchase this, its smooth and detailed very well in arcade you "red out" and "black out" in realistic and sim ............. arcade is exactly that

Robotic Pope
05-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You can however adjust the arielons and elevators in real and sim.

LOL @ the Arielons, they sound like E.T's. :-P

Its adjusting your controllers sensitivity, not really adjusting anything real on the plane. Thats what the trim does in sim.

scottyvt4
05-08-2010, 07:41 PM
LOL @ the Arielons, they sound like E.T's. :-P

Its adjusting your controllers sensitivity, not really adjusting anything real on the plane. Thats what the trim does in sim.

damn i thought i'ed done my customary (sp) = spelling after it :mad:

any pope didn't realise this was an international spelling bee :-P:-P:cool: lol

in the words of my name sake Mr T "dont make me mad sucker" lmao :cool:

Dr.Rockzo
05-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi all, thanks for the replies! :) so yeah, is it possible to adjust elevator trim like it is in the PC versions aswell as adjusting mixture and Prop. pitch/speed? :) if so I'll buy this game at monday, heheh. is it also possible to configure the controls to be used with a joystick and keyboard combo (which I'm also used to from the PC version)??

trk29
05-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Hi all, thanks for the replies! :) so yeah, is it possible to adjust elevator trim like it is in the PC versions aswell as adjusting mixture and Prop. pitch/speed? :) if so I'll buy this game at monday, heheh. is it also possible to configure the controls to be used with a joystick and keyboard combo (which I'm also used to from the PC version)??

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is not as detailed as the pc version you can't adjust mixture and prop all you can do manually is trim in sim mode. Yes you can assign keys to your joystick, but one problem we found is that when you do a custom control layout you can't assign a zoom function to a button.

Panzergranate
05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Actually, reducing the sensitivity settings slows the reaction response of the aircraft.

Last year Widar and myself conducted some experiments with the roll rate of the Spitfire IX in simulator mode with various control settings and found that at 100% the aircraft reacted noticeabily faster than when the settings were at 50%.

Reducing the setting of the controls has the same effect that a steering damper has on a motorcycle.... it slows up the reaction rate control it is attached so that a user with slower reaction abilities can cope.

I fly realistic and simulator with everything at 100% which allows me to make some snap turns and compensate for the twitchness of certain aircraft to positive advantage.

Quick and instinctive reactions soon become second nature with practice on real and sim modes.