PDA

View Full Version : Anyone currently working on a russian to english translation of the fan manual?

Baqar79
05-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Why I ask is I've managed to download the 1.7.0.2 Russian fan manual and thought I would have a stab at trying to translate it (with Google translate of course!). However the document in encrypted, so I'm basically starting from scratch. I'm not even the slightest bit proficient in writing documents and so it is a bit of a learning curve; in fact, it has taken me about 20 hours to get through about 11 pages (some of the graphics have to be redone as they're Russian only and irfanview pixel painter is how I edit them :grin: ); and the results are clearly inferior to the Russian one. I haven't even worked out how to create hyperlinks and bookmarks yet!.

I have much much more respect for those that write these documents. If any of you wonder why there isn't an English translation, try it yourself and you will start to realize why there isn't.

I might try to keep at it for a bit longer, there is some useful information that I'm learning as I go along, but I have a pretty poor work ethic, so if any of you are actually translating it, I might give it a miss, otherwise I'll ponder on and hope that extrapolating 400 hours worth of work isn't quite right :P