PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for US retail release

Yep.
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Any news on a release date for US retail? Are you guys even planning on doing one?

Metroplex
04-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Doing a quick and dirty search for 'Armored princess' on 'Video Games' category on eBay.com bring about 20 results (make sure you also choose 'worldwide') of sellers shipping it to the USA, most are brand new, so I guess there is no excuse, if you really want it then you'll get it by any means possible...:grin:
Don't wait for it to be on sale in retail on the USA, it may never happen, like in Australia, it is impossible to find KB:TL and the sequel in any retail shop even after all this time, so don't hold your breath, import it like everyone else does these days, that's what the internet is for!:)

Yep.
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Doing a quick and dirty search for 'Armored princess' on 'Video Games' category on eBay.com bring about 20 results (make sure you also choose 'worldwide') of sellers shipping it to the USA, most are brand new, so I guess there is no excuse, if you really want it then you'll get it by any means possible...:grin:
Don't wait for it to be on sale in retail on the USA, it may never happen, like in Australia, it is impossible to find KB:TL and the sequel in any retail shop even after all this time, so don't hold your breath, import it like everyone else does these days, that's what the internet is for!:)

I've already done this, got a copy off of US Amazon (there was only one seller with it and it shipped from the UK with an extra 5 bucks tacked on for shipping. It will take up to 3 weeks to get here according to the seller). My question is just in general, why isn't there a US retail release? I understand there are more ISPs with bandwidth limits in other parts of the world, but I know many people that very much prefer physical CDs to downloads.

PC game shops are pretty rare around where I live, I'd have to drive for almost 2 hours on an extremely crowded highway to get to a Fry's or Best Buy. But releasing it on CD in the US would make it available in those US locations, as well as for sellers that sell mainly on amazon, ebay, etc., which would then in turn bring in more sales AND recognition for 1C.

I know that the main surge of income for any given game is within the first week or so of release as well. So why split up retail releases like this?

Pankratz1980
04-24-2010, 11:27 PM
My question is just in general, why isn't there a US retail release?

On the other hand, Death to Spies Moment of Truth got released in the US, but unfortunately not in Europe - which is a shame, I can always buy it digitally, but I'd prefer a boxed version and am still hoping there will be one, just like I've waited for Armored Princess.

So we're in the same boat, only the games which we want to buy differ. ;)