PDA

View Full Version : Bypass Config?

Navagon
04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Every time I start the game it begins the auto config process, including immediately beginning to test my graphics processor. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so drawn out. Is there any way to bypass this process after it has been completed the first time?

The rest of the game runs fine maxed out, but I can't seem to load it without initiating this entirely pointless process each and every time.

Everything is up to date. But I can't seem to find a patch for this game (if there is one).

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Phenom II x4 3Ghz
4GB DDR2
GeForce GTX 260

EDIT: Oh and this is the Gold Edition of the game, by the way.

Sneaksie
04-26-2010, 06:02 AM
It seems that the game can't save autodetected settings... try to run it using administrator rights (right-click the game executable and choose 'Run as Administrator').

Navagon
04-27-2010, 12:18 AM
It seems that the game can't save autodetected settings... try to run it using administrator rights (right-click the game executable and choose 'Run as Administrator').

I tried it with run as admin set on the engine.exe (main game executable) and then also on the config.exe. I then also tried both Vista and XP compatibility. None of it made a difference.

Would it be possible to provide a pre-configured settings file set to Ultra? If I had that file would it stop making me wade through the auto-detect each and every time?