PDA

View Full Version : headset opinions

bobbysocks
04-23-2010, 05:33 PM
i want to get a headset for game play. i have an AV8R and am on xbox...dont know if that makes a diff or not. whats a decent set to get that isnt going to break the bank?

imnotgeoff
04-23-2010, 06:25 PM
i would highly recomend the turtle beach x41's they are amazing,they are a wireless 7.1 surround sound headset,you get a mic which you can unplug from the set if you dont wana use it.also you get a digital optical cable with it
which you need to get the proper 7.1 effect,if you use the normal red/white bits off your scart lead and plug them directly in to the base unit it has to alter the sound to get the right effect.also it has a spare socket so you can plug anthor set of headphone directly into it...ANNND you can also have your home cinema kit plugged in and playing the sound at the same time,ive got them and my god they are good,especialy when playing il-2 with my ace combat 6 flight stick

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx4/home.aspx

markyboyacebassist
04-23-2010, 07:39 PM
you can get an original XBOX headset over the ear, cheap & cheerful !!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GameCom-Halo-2-Headset-Xbox/dp/B0006L2JHU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272051856&sr=8-8

The AVR8 uses the smaller jack socket, this headset is cool for talking to fellow pilots!:-P

bobbysocks
04-23-2010, 08:18 PM
cool...have to go a local walmart first to go shopping and see if they have one for about the same price ($42-49usd on amazon.us) but looks like a plan...
would love to be able to talk.... was on for the first time this afternoon. had fun. first game was in sim against david and someone else. got SKUNKED! did manage to shoot one of them down while they were distracted with each other. 2nd game was in real and did well. i will be on a lot more...hope to see you all in the wild blue....just look for the sitting duck...haha

BRIGGBOY
04-23-2010, 08:35 PM
for my ps3 i just use a sony ericsson bluetooth phone headset i got of ebay for £5 and that works great when i can be arsed to have it on