PDA

View Full Version : New player

molsoncanadians
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I used to play IL2 and Pacific Battles on PC but haven't played for at least 2 years. I was very excited to learn about BOP. I have ordered it for Xbox and I can't wait to join online. I have been a huge fan of flights sims for PC. I must say, this forum is a very refreshing change. I have been playing Modern Warfare2 on Xbox and the community there for the most part is a terrible display of how people should not talk to eachother. Everyone here seems, polite, helpful and friendly. I am looking forward to being shot down repeatedly but a group of such nice people. :grin: See you online...my Xbox gamertag is the same as my user name here Molsoncanadians. The game has been ordered and I hope to be online in a week or so. See you there!

Regards,
Mark

Horsebite
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Welcome! I just received the game on Sunday so I'm brand new as well! Feel free to add me: Horsebite on XBL.

scottyvt4
04-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone,

I used to play IL2 and Pacific Battles on PC but haven't played for at least 2 years. I was very excited to learn about BOP. I have ordered it for Xbox and I can't wait to join online. I have been a huge fan of flights sims for PC. I must say, this forum is a very refreshing change. I have been playing Modern Warfare2 on Xbox and the community there for the most part is a terrible display of how people should not talk to eachother. Everyone here seems, polite, helpful and friendly. I am looking forward to being shot down repeatedly but a group of such nice people. :grin: See you online...my Xbox gamertag is the same as my user name here Molsoncanadians. The game has been ordered and I hope to be online in a week or so. See you there!

Regards,
Mark

hi and welcome :) i play on the PS3 but though i would say hello :o

its exactly the same on the PS3 too :evil:

scotty

molsoncanadians
04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Sounds good horsebite...I'll add you. Don't have the game yet though. What time zone are you in?

SEE
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
welcome to BOP and the forum, there are a few regulars on Xbox who are also members of this forum, any problems joining or finding matches then just search the threads or post for GT's............;)

GT Evangeluse (SIM / Realistic)

1.JaVA_LGorrit
04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi molsoncanadians,

Feel free to add me if you want.
I play on XBOX360, GT= LGorrit.
I play mostly in the evening time Western Europe Time (GMT+1).

I must warn you though not to get too excited about the online play.
If you don't have any friends in your friendslist who play IL-2, you will be hitting the refresh button to find new games quite a lot.
Lobbies are not flooding with people like with COD MW2.

But playing online is a blast, no doubt.

Hope to see you online soon.

Salute

Lost Apiarist
04-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Lots of games online if you network with folks from here. If you are just trying to find one in the lobby though it is pretty dead.

bobbysocks
04-23-2010, 06:00 AM
molsoncanadinas, LGarrit, and Lost Apairist....and a sent you FRs on xbox. just got thru everything and am anxious to fly now. time zone is EST...us.

ter4torn
04-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Hello everyone,

I've had this game for several months and have been slowly playing through it. I found this forum when looking for an unlock guide and it looks like the only way to unlock all the planes is to play online (and the only way to play online is to add friends who are into this game). I'm in Vancouver and often online late evenings (10:30-midnight PDT). If anyone wants to play, please add me. The xbox name is ter4torn

bobbysocks
04-27-2010, 06:05 AM
welcome ter4torn.... i might be on that late...i am est. game tag Bobbysockser

Rambo Rich 360
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Hello everybody! New guy here too. I've played thru the single player campaigns and had a blast and was looking for some online action as well.

Don't know if I can get my headset to work with the AV8R flightstick or not (haven't had the opportunity to try) but would love to get shot down by you guys :grin:

I can play realistic mode, but on sim I can't even find the targets i'm supposed to bomb. I'm on a 360 with a standard def TV, so the screen may not be ideal...

Feel free to add me to your friends list as well - Rambo Rich 360

I'm not on all the time (have to share with the ole lady), but if I am, hit me up!

bobbysocks
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
welcome rich. what time zone are you in?

Rambo Rich 360
04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
welcome rich. what time zone are you in?
I'm in the Pacific time zone, but can be found playing at every weird hour. I work from home so at times I stay up late, or get up early, etc.