PDA

View Full Version : The definition of annoying...

Rhah
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Hello people. Haven't posted in a while, hope everyone's ok?

Anyway, just thought I'd share an anecdote from my weekend. An old friend of mine is getting married, and I was invited to his stag weekend in Lincolnshire. Little did I know, that he actually lives about 500 metres south of RAF Coningsby, which is home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, as well as a crapload of Typhoon's and Harriers. On arrival, my friend told me of how he gets a free air display every Saturday and Sunday from the Typhoons and the BBMF. So... Unlimited alcohol, no nagging missus and free air displays :grin:....there's me thinking i've stumbled into the promised land....

But nothing flew all weekend... Stupid f**king Volcano. Just my bloody luck. The one weekend, probably since WW1, that the RAF was grounded and it had to be this one.
Still, the unlimited beer almost made up for it.

kozzm0
04-21-2010, 02:16 AM
To stop an Italian volcano, you have to pray to Vulcan. So for this volcano, you should make a sacrifice to the Norse gods. There's no Norse god of volcanos, but Odin could probably do something about it if the sacrifice is good enough.

Odin's favorite sacrifice of all is a blood-eagle, especially of a famous enemy.
The Saxon king Aelle was blood-eagled by Ivar the Boneless.

I'm not specifically advising you to blood-eagle someone though, so if you find yourself facing life in prison, don't blame me.

Soviet Ace
04-21-2010, 02:21 AM
You know, if you drink enough beer and other drinks like Vodka-7s, etc. you'll gradually start seeing things flying. lol