PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased! Looking to fly online.

Horsebite
04-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I just had ankle surgery so I'm off my feet for up to a month. I own all the IL-2 games on PC, and Pacific Fighters (my fav). I played the demo for this last summer and completely forgot about it until my wife picked it up at the store for me last weekend, because she remembered me mentioning it a while back.

I love it! Unfortunately I don't have a joystick for the 360, but I am managing quite well with the controller on realistic mode. I could fly on simulator, but I can't locate any targets!! I'm currently at the Invasion of Sicily campaign, have played all so far on Realistic and I'm absolutely loving it. Especially the graphics, the game looks amazing! My wife thought I was watching tv! ;)

Anyway, sad to see that there's little to no online presence for this game. I was hoping there might be a weekly get together to fly online? I'm dying to try it out, because online is what really makes you a better pilot. I am still awful at shaking enemies on my six, but in Pacific Fighters I learned fast what I had to do to stay in the air, thanks to the multiplayer.

markyboyacebassist
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Geezer,
Welcome to IL2 BOP on the Xbox online, my gamertag is Sgt Madmax Fury, there's a regular group of Xbox pilots that are on most evenings.(GMT) I play realistic mainly & some Sim. If you would like to add me to your friends list I'll gladly put you in touch with some of the other chaps! :-P

Luftwaffe_Rommel
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Near my area gamestop has just put IL 2 sturmovik birds of prey for the ps3 on sell for $19.99 US. A lot cheaper than when I first bought it for $54.99. may be I just could have waited a little and could have same some money. Oh well, it was nice sharing this finding. Sell ends this Weekend.

Horsebite
04-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Actually, Rommel, the PS3 version is on sale this week. The Xbox 360 version has been marked down permanently to $19.99 and can be purchased used at Gamestop for $17.99.

Can't beat that price for this game! I'm having a blast. I got to play online today with some folks and it was a blast, even though I got destroyed quite a bit.

In all the IL-2 games I've played, I've never been good at shaking people off my six. They can always get rid of me, but I can't figure out how to do lose anyone! Maybe some day I'll figure it out!

Lost Apiarist
04-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Glad to have you in the skies. You can add me to your friends list if you like. I am pretty new to the game as well. Actually with all your previous IL experience you probably have more experience than me. One day I won't be the newest pilot in the skies ;)

Lost Apiarist

Spln_Sir
04-21-2010, 01:41 AM
There have been some great games in realistic modes lately. Play with your settings under options and profile until you get that Spitfire Mk IX just right!

Gilly
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
There have been some great games in realistic modes lately. Play with your settings under options and profile until you get that Spitfire Mk IX just right!

Says the G6 spitfire killer!!!

Shadowcorp
04-21-2010, 10:19 AM
knowing a spitfire optimal performance is a key adavntage for those who don't fly them.... i try to have a go with all the more popular aircraft so as to better understand their weaknesses. But spln is lethal to everything that is not flying his team 109s included

Horsebite
04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Glad to have you in the skies. You can add me to your friends list if you like. I am pretty new to the game as well. Actually with all your previous IL experience you probably have more experience than me. One day I won't be the newest pilot in the skies ;)

Lost ApiaristI own all the games, but I'm awful at all of them haha. I can shoot down enemies, but if I get someone on my six I always die! I just can't shake people.

scottyvt4
04-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I own all the games, but I'm awful at all of them haha. I can shoot down enemies, but if I get someone on my six I always die! I just can't shake people.

welcome to the site :)

damn i thought i was the only one in that exclusive club ........... well on the PS3 i am lol :rolleyes:

Horsebite
04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Haha, I really don't know what it is but I am baffled by guys that can just make a turn and somehow end up on my six and end up shooting me down. I can fly for 20 minutes with a guy on my six and I can never get rid of him. This problem dates back like 8 years since I first started flight sims. I need help! Hahaha!

bobbysocks
04-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Horsebite...sent you a FR in Xbox. i am EST and depending ( and what else i have going on that day) will be on after 11.

BRIGGBOY
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Says the G6 spitfire killer!!!

not on sim but maybe arcade

Gilly
04-24-2010, 07:48 AM
not on sim but maybe arcade

good to see that you haven't caught that holier than thou sim righteousness

BRIGGBOY
04-24-2010, 01:45 PM
good to see that you haven't caught that holier than thou sim righteousness

ok maybe i worded it wrong i was actually talking about the planes perfomance as in sim it is like flying a canal boat

Gilly
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
ok maybe i worded it wrong i was actually talking about the planes perfomance as in sim it is like flying a canal boat

Fair comment, I was being sarky anyway Brigg, should have added smiley tongue bollox but hate that sort of crap so didn't

Davedog74
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
me 2 gilly

Horsebite
04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Accepted your FR Bobbysocks.

What do you guys think about possibly having a weekly Sunday afternoon fly? Maybe 2pm EST? Let's work something out and try to have 5-10 guys on.

blacksungregg
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Good luck buddy. I'm always checking games online but never see anybody online. Sure a pity for a such a great game. Maybe when they get a sequel going with better online features, this game will flourish. Mainly having people enter mid game would be the first thing, and rotating games without ending outright.

bobbysocks
04-28-2010, 11:22 PM
blacksungregg... have you tried to create a game? that worked for me. got to get on only twice last week and will be on more this weekend.
horsebite...cant do sundays...unless i take my game system to work...which cant happen..lol. maybe fri or sat??