PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a sucky Arcade pseudo-pilot

Lahatiel
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I try and try and try. I just can't seem to get the hang of dog-fighting in this game. Is it plane choice? Speed? Controller? Lag? Aim (is lag shooting involved)? Most of the time I can't even kill a plane on the ground...I'm pulling out the rest of my hair here.

Any viable tips out there for me to work on? Any positive reinforcement would be greatly appreciated.

P-51
04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I try and try and try. I just can't seem to get the hang of dog-fighting in this game. Is it plane choice? Speed? Controller? Lag? Aim (is lag shooting involved)? Most of the time I can't even kill a plane on the ground...I'm pulling out the rest of my hair here.

Any viable tips out there for me to work on? Any positive reinforcement would be greatly appreciated.

Ooooh Cookies!!

What system? PS3 or360?

dkwookie
04-17-2010, 09:47 PM

Well you need to use lots of rudder and keep changing speed. Treat right stick on pad same as left stick. Basically keep moving up down, slow, fast, ruddering left and right all at same time. Dont keep still. As for aiming reticle, ignore guidline cos its bogus. What you need to do is start firing using your own judgement. Soon as you see flashes on enemy you adjust it to match your turn and fire with opponents turn. You need to get used to where to aim depending on how fast your target is turning. Cant help much here but just practise at aiming distance and adjusting. Only real tip is ignore the aiming reticle in arcade cos its only use is to judge opponents speed.

Lahatiel
04-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I am on PS3. I had started figuring the aiming reticule was useless. You would have thought I'd had learned that in the first 10 matches rather than the first 100, however, it is hard to get away from it. It just calls you like the dark side of the force with cookies. I'll work on that and see how it goes.

Thanks.

tvalk
04-18-2010, 05:54 AM
I think I was playing against you last night and helped you bring your kill count up a bit. If your having trouble maybe i should just give up altogether. I think I had one kill last night total.

Good Luck and Godspeed!

Lahatiel
04-18-2010, 10:53 AM
On occasion I have had a decent game, but that is the exception not the norm. Usually if I do good in a dog-fight it's a fluke. I guess I just expected this game to be as easy as Hawx to master, and Hawx is very clearly not even in the same league as Il-2.

scottyvt4
04-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Well you need to use lots of rudder and keep changing speed. Treat right stick on pad same as left stick. Basically keep moving up down, slow, fast, ruddering left and right all at same time. Dont keep still. As for aiming reticle, ignore guidline cos its bogus. What you need to do is start firing using your own judgement. Soon as you see flashes on enemy you adjust it to match your turn and fire with opponents turn. You need to get used to where to aim depending on how fast your target is turning. Cant help much here but just practise at aiming distance and adjusting. Only real tip is ignore the aiming reticle in arcade cos its only use is to judge opponents speed.

I am on PS3. I had started figuring the aiming reticule was useless. You would have thought I'd had learned that in the first 10 matches rather than the first 100, however, it is hard to get away from it. It just calls you like the dark side of the force with cookies. I'll work on that and see how it goes.

Thanks.

DK is who i would listen too (even although im still crap at dog fighting).............. devastatingly dont matter what you're whether its the lil gay i-153 or i16 type24!!!!

just keep plugging away and it will come together eventually :grin:

i will look out for you and tvalk see if we can get on the same teams ect etc im just back online after a wee while off so more pants as usual, play in CTA's or strike stuk's are a pain in the arse to down but will help hine you're skills

happy flying :grin:

Shadowcorp
04-19-2010, 01:34 PM
just to add to what wookie has said, In arcade there are only a few competitive aircraft:
1-i153 noobish i know but deadly in the right hands
2-I-16 type 24 also noobish
3-hurricane MkII
4-Spitfire MkII
5-La7 like all the more modern aircraft in arcade it losses most of it's advantages