PDA

View Full Version : To Trim or not?

SEE
04-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Just curious, how many players 'trim' their a/c each time they start a combat session/respawn (I never bother as it's more hassle than its worth with the deadzone issue on Xbox but .......)?

winny
04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Just curious, how many players 'trim' their a/c each time they start a combat session/respawn (I never bother as it's more hassle than its worth with the deadzone issue on Xbox but .......)?

I usually forget to do it. It's a case of where are the bad guys, dive, kill/die repeat... And anyway when I used to try and trim I could never get it right.

haitch40
04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
i find it annoying as it resets after each death and i also found that if you change your flaps you have to change your trim

bobbysocks
04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
i used to try to trim but dont even bother with it anymore. once you get into the thick of it you its pointless anyway.

Soviet Ace
04-12-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think BoP's trim works correctly. It just seems different than on '46, which just feels like you get the trim better than on BoP? I don't think there's any perfect place for trim on BoP, so I hardly ever trim.

JOED70
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Trim is very important for Gunary . If you are tracking someone in the saddle other wise you will be chaseing the piper.

But remember trim is speed dependent. if you trim for straight and level at 190 mph and you speed increaases to say 275 mph your trim will be out.

I allways trim at Start and then retrim if i find I am fighting the nose of the aircraft . I allways trim once I am tracking a target befor I open up .

You must move your control stick in the direction you wish to trim . while holding the trim button once you get the desired angle of attack release trim .

Robotic Pope
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Trim is very important for Gunary . If you are tracking someone in the saddle other wise you will be chaseing the piper.

But remember trim is speed dependent. if you trim for straight and level at 190 mph and you speed increaases to say 275 mph your trim will be out.

I allways trim at Start and then retrim if i find I am fighting the nose of the aircraft . I allways trim once I am tracking a target befor I open up .

You must move your control stick in the direction you wish to trim . while holding the trim button once you get the desired angle of attack release trim .

Yeah I do the same. Exept you don't need to hold the button down, just press it when you are flying level and it will continue to fly like that with no stick imput.

Oh and I trim constantly while coming in for landings on CTA.