PDA

View Full Version : Online Scoring Rip

bladegrip
04-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Why do i get points taken from me when i am rammed by another person???:mad:

Anyone know where i can get a online scoring guide?

dkwookie
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM
On PS3 you get 5 points for a kill and get deducted -1 for a death. Any type of death will do, shot down, rammed, rocketed, fly into a tree, they all count the same. That's on team battle and deathmatch.
Capture airfields is different as you need to lower opponents score total. Other team loses -1 for any kind of death and also -1 for each second your own team has airfield(s) in control.
Strike is same -1 from score total for each death but also you loose ticket scores for each bomb other team drops on your ground targets. The bigger the bombs the more points taken per bomb. Can't say exactly how many points for each type of bomb (anyone know this?) but my spitfire 2 x 250lbs take 4 points off for direct hit. I guess you can scale that up so a B17 with 8 1000lb bombs would take about 60 points off if all bombs direct hit

JOED70
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Tickets in Strike = Hit points of Damage .

The ships in British map for instantence seem to be worth around 300 tickets

300 Tickets = 1 ship

the bunkers seem to be around 75- 100 hit points

1000lb bomb direct hit seems to do around 40-50 points damage

These are just my observations

kozzm0
04-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Why do i get points taken from me when i am rammed by another person???:mad:

Anyone know where i can get a online scoring guide?

You lose a point because you died

The scoring should be -5 for dying, and if everybody gets negative points, everybody loses. Then it would be much more realistic. Except in real life, if you die, you don't get a chance to get any more kills.

Blatant kamikazes are a disgrace to the game

To get credit for a kill, your target needs to be damaged significantly, and die within a fairly short time after you last damage them. It's considered good form to bail out if plane becomes unflyable, instead of waiting to crash, so whoever made it unflyable gets credit.

In strike, the tickets are one thing, but you won't get any stars unless you completely destroy a target. You get 2 points for each destroyed target. Kills get no stars at all. Or maybe 1 star, I don't recall, it's been a while since I've done strike.

In airfields, you get 20 points for making a capture, and 5 points for a kill.