PDA

View Full Version : How to configure 'Free Look'?

tecnoformula
04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi there...

With default 'wireless controller' profile, you can press R3 and look around smoothly with the analog stick....

Yet with 'Custom Controls' I can't find how to map the free look controls...Am I missing something? Or are you confined to Up/Down Left/Right look only when using a custon button layout?

Any help appreciated...Thanks...

JOED70
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Tecno

I wish I could help I too have the same questions I have been playing around with Custom controls as well and can not come up with a soultion .

There seems to be no guide to controls here I have searched and have had no luck.

Perhaps some one might be able to help if they can tear them selves away from the distraction that is the multi colored ALLCAPS qoute crazy fourm friends counting Mail Order Bride " but the goat sounds seem to have the effect of the Sierns of accient lore .

JOED70
04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Can some help this gent. I have looked but can not seem to locate the answer .

If some one could post an awnswer it would be great

Or better yet a descrption or graphic of what the differnt layouts are

I know a lot of people use the wireless avaitor lay for ps3 out but a good description of what button dose what would be nice.

Also keyboard use with IL2 and PS3 has anyone had any luck with that

I would love to use my wingman stick and a usb numberpad combined for some functions

kozzm0
04-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Aviator layout is best for dogfights.

the button layout is:

r1/l1: rudder right/left. Holding the button is full rudder, which doesn't work in most situations. Tap them to get a bit of rudder. It's a sacrifice for good visibility. Holding rudder will increase your roll rate when you switch direction.

r2/l2: throttle up/down. Neutral is 55%. Master this and you can make an opponent overshoot with ease since you have better throttle control.

guns: circle. always fires both mg and cannon.
flaps: l3. Careful in hard, slow turns not to raise your flaps.
map: start. Try to spot by looking first. If you spot the bogey on the map, you still have to look to find if they're high or low.
pause menu: start + select
gear up/down: select
rockets: square
bombs: triangle

winny
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi,

As far as I can remember there is a problem with the zoom function when you use the custom layouts. It won't work!

Like kozzm0 said, most people use the Aviator layout for gamepads as the free look is a proper free look with the right stick.

I use a TM hotas stick and a very small tracker ball type mouse which i have mounted on the throttle (for Sim) so I can look around, as the hat switch won't look towards my six.

trk29
04-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Winny is correct the zoom function will not work with custom layouts either.

I will have to look but I think I play with custom 3. I hold down L1 and that enables free look with the right stick.

buelligan
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I use a TM hotas stick and a very small tracker ball type mouse which i have mounted on the throttle (for Sim) so I can look around, as the hat switch won't look towards my six.

I have the PS3 tm hotas (are you using the same) and am tying to configure free look to a mouse so I can get into the sim mode more, how did you do this? I cant map the mouse at all! Thanks

winny
05-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I have the PS3 tm hotas (are you using the same) and am tying to configure free look to a mouse so I can get into the sim mode more, how did you do this? I cant map the mouse at all! Thanks

I didn't map it.. you just plug it in, Left click to free look right click to zoom. I have the TM hotas.

buelligan
05-06-2010, 01:03 AM
I didn't map it.. you just plug it in, Left click to free look right click to zoom. I have the TM hotas.

Thanks for the reply winny, been sratching my head on that one for a while lol.