PDA

View Full Version : Qitters make me laugh.....

SEE
04-04-2010, 10:25 PM
some folks get real peed when it happens but I don't get wound up about it. Some people quit becuase they feel out of their depth and this is understandable. The problem is when the host quits having invited players but only if he can win!

Please, if you are hosting and inviting then play the full match. If you feel out of your depth, or are new to the game, then switch your mic on and engage in conversation or ask for help, pointers. No need to pull the plug unless there is a serious lag issue or the opponent is being rude, obscene, etc. I would rather spend 20 minutes helping someone than engage in a dogfight in these instances. In my early encounters with the better players, Beaver, Pope, Brickster, etc I always asked them for help to improve my game and they were only too happy to give it.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
They just reinforce my decision to only play sim.

markyboyacebassist
04-05-2010, 04:10 PM
They just reinforce my decision to only play sim.

More elitist crap!

P-51
04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
More elitist crap!

Get your ass on Sim and see who gets shot down in a ball of flames repeatedly..

SEE
04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok, this was a 'Realistic' game and my preferred level is SIM, which I mentioned in far too great detail so I dumbed down the post and focussed on the point I was trying to make. I have had the same happen on Sim ...it's the player not the level in my experience. I enjoy the occasional game of Realistic but what a pity the Dev's didn't include Flaps...:( Generally, in SIM people quit because its just too difficult for them and they rarely host a session which is probably why it happens less. On Xbox we need to forge alliances between players and preffered levels due to the lower number of players so I would not, and never will, consider one level as superior to another. If I did, and ended up in a Realistic match tagged as the 'Elitist SIM player'...........my name is there for a good thrashing and a warm welcome to the Realistic club!.......:grin:

Luftwaffe_Rommel
04-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I could not agree more, I myself hate quiter of any kind, because had they stay long enough we could have won. I'm Luftwaffe_Rommel "332nd Fighter Group" is my comment. I'm a real player of the game, if u want to have a match with me sometime i would love to play with or against u. By the way, I hope is not anytime soon, cuz i'm planing to retire for the moment of Il2 and the PS3 altogether as it is affecting my academic performance. Though i'll be back to kill or get killed by other players. Luftwaffe_Rommel, u may call me Rommel, considers himself a descent average fighter in arcade but a terrible pilot in realistic and simulator modes. my friend i look forward to hear from u. by the way u sound like u r really good. Plus i have some questions for u.
Well, that was long but necessary: some Honorable mentions of awesome good fighters i have met
Azteca72 Quote "die perro n d rodillas"
Zeilerboy Quote; "the plane go BOOM"
thunder1200 Quote; "Rangers lead the way"
JessicaRulz no Quote; my quote to her Luftwaffe_Rommel "ur a girl who knows how to handle a bf109 like a true German ace"
Firepilote no Quote

markyboyacebassist
04-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Get your ass on Sim and see who gets shot down in a ball of flames repeatedly..

You've just proved my point, Evangelist was referring to the act of quitting, not the mode of game play!
The point being if you're hosting a room,whatever level, please have the manners & grace to let it reach it natural conclusion.
I guess just because you may be "King of the Hill in Sim" I should now be quaking in my pilots boots, afraid not geezer, I have made many good friends playing this game on all levels.
Evangelist beats me all the time when I play him at Sim,I just smile & move on to the next battle.
Don't let this become another Sim better than realistic, better than arcade thread.
That has been played to death over & over again on this forum.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
More elitist crap!

It's my experience. Never had a host quit on me in Sim mode and people rarely quit because they're losing. Conversely, even in the past two weeks of the 5/6 Realistic games I played half the hosts quit and there was only one single game where players weren't quitting because they couldn't get a kill.

markyboyacebassist
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
It's my experience. Never had a host quit on me in Sim mode and people rarely quit because they're losing. Conversely, even in the past two weeks of the 5/6 Realistic games I played half the hosts quit and there was only one single game where players weren't quitting because they couldn't get a kill.

Are you playing on XBOX or PS3?
The reason I'm asking is I'm lead to believe there are far more players in the PS3 world than the XBOX
I can only speak from the XBOX side of the equalization & must admit if you are an XBOX gamer you have been unlucky.
I have not had a host quit on a realistic room.
But I have to admit most of the time we seem to know each other as the XBOX world for BOP has been shrinking quickly.:(

SEE
04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
This player turns up again in a SIM game hosted by an excellent flyer, Unfortunately his first encounter is with the host who promptly shot him down within minutes of the start....he quit and left his team a man short. I had to laugh even though he was on my team. Next session starts and he jumps in again....(jeez...you gotta be kidding I thought!).....the teams are random but he is in the stronger formation with experienced SIM players....this team wins and....yeah you guessed........ he didn't quit....says it all really!

SEE
04-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Are you playing on XBOX or PS3?
the XBOX world for BOP has been shrinking quickly.:(

......might also explain why Hurricanes joystick has gone limp......have that problem when my joystick shrinks...........:grin:

Luftwaffe_Rommel
04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
This player turns up again in a SIM game hosted by an excellent flyer, Unfortunately his first encounter is with the host who promptly shot him down within minutes of the start....he quit and left his team a man short. I had to laugh even though he was on my team. Next session starts and he jumps in again....(jeez...you gotta be kidding I thought!).....the teams are random but he is in the stronger formation with experienced SIM players....this team wins and....yeah you guessed........ he didn't quit....says it all really!

though i never played simulator, the hardest i have venture is realistic, I never quit a game, that just shows u are not a good player. And I don't mean a good pilot, but a good host or visitor. U have to keep flying no matter if u are winning or losing. I have sometimes played in teams in CA were we start even. Then the only guy playing in my team is just me vs 2, 3 or even 4 guys. Some of them pitty u and let u land then do silly stuff, others just keep killing u. For instance I once played in a group of 4 on 4. then all my partners quit and i was alone. Finally after letting my score drop to 50 the other team of 4 decided to let me land and capture the airfield. They though i was a noobi, since the only thing i kept doing throughout the game was land [no shooting] then they let me win the game. later they wrote me that they had send a message to the quiters. "Had u guys help him out, u could have won, he was on fire, got each of us 10 after he capture the airfield". a false thing that i got each of them 10 times, but true that i won the game. I was surprise about this outcome.

Months later, in strike I playe on a team of 6 vs 4 [2 just join my team because i had the b17]. as the game was almost over i stopped bombing the other team bases to a score of 30 vs our score of 500. The opposite team only had one brave he111 remaining who kept playing even when the other 3 players had quit. Then, I decided to go crazy and help that bomber, so i did. Burn my bases in no time and the he111 won the game. I later wrote "Not a gift from Rommel, but a way to show fairness, Thank u for the game my friend".

markyboyacebassist
04-07-2010, 11:20 PM
though i never played simulator, the hardest i have venture is realistic, I never quit a game, that just shows u are not a good player. And I don't mean a good pilot, but a good host or visitor. U have to keep flying no matter if u are winning or losing. I have sometimes played in teams in CA were we start even. Then the only guy playing in my team is just me vs 2, 3 or even 4 guys. Some of them pitty u and let u land then do silly stuff, others just keep killing u. For instance I once played in a group of 4 on 4. then all my partners quit and i was alone. Finally after letting my score drop to 50 the other team of 4 decided to let me land and capture the airfield. They though i was a noobi, since the only thing i kept doing throughout the game was land [no shooting] then they let me win the game. later they wrote me that they had send a message to the quiters. "Had u guys help him out, u could have won, he was on fire, got each of us 10 after he capture the airfield". a false thing that i got each of them 10 times, but true that i won the game. I was surprise about this outcome.

Months later, in strike I playe on a team of 6 vs 4 [2 just join my team because i had the b17]. as the game was almost over i stopped bombing the other team bases to a score of 30 vs our score of 500. The opposite team only had one brave he111 remaining who kept playing even when the other 3 players had quit. Then, I decided to go crazy and help that bomber, so i did. Burn my bases in no time and the he111 won the game. I later wrote "Not a gift from Rommel, but a way to show fairness, Thank u for the game my friend".

You're a top bloke mate!
You play the game with the ethos it warrants and I take off my pilots helmet to you!:-P

markyboyacebassist
04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
......might also explain why Hurricanes joystick has gone limp......have that problem when my joystick shrinks...........:grin:

Might that be a case of A.G.E. my friend! LOL! :-P:-P:-P

clangod
04-12-2010, 04:18 AM
In my limited time with the game so far I have witnessed a many players quit for apparently no reason. It's a bit irritating when the host does it as of course the whole game ends but I personally boil it down to poor sportmanship.

I've played nowhere near as much as the majority of you here and quite frankly I suck, but isn't the whole premise of the game to fight until the last kill? Tides turn in battle and given the game itself almost anything can happen. So, I struggle to get kills in sim but I love that mode. What better way to challenge my nerves and skill? It was P-51 who recently introduced me to sim and subsequently this site so I can only say I'm glad he did.

I'm not here to argue about which difficulty setting is better but I will say that I was blown away by the sim mode in comparison to arcade. For arguments sake, I find the aim assist reticule distracting and the sim games far more immersive. Be that as it may I do dabble in all games modes (at least for the time I've played so far)...

Anyway, it's pathetic for players to drop out because they are losing. As I said, I suck but god dammit if I can at least hang around to be the player most often shot down, then it cuts some slack for the seasoned pilots on my team... If anyone needs a distraction, I'm it. :)

I fear however that I will be forever trying to unlock the online planes as even though I've only been playing over the last 3 or 4 days, most of the sim games I've joined only ever seem to have 3 or 4 players in them. At the moment I have a hard enough time just getting a decent sight on them let alone scoring big. Out of said games with limited players, most times players have left and left just one other player in the game with me. This I admit can get extremely frustrating but I will not stop till the last. Unless of course it's an arranged thingy and thanks again for your time P-51. I look forward to shooting you down some time lol.

Bottom line is I'm hooked so I plan to become a true contender over the coming months. There's heaps of good info on this site so for those of you who have spent all that time posting with us newbies in mind, I thank you. Awesome work.

Quitters belong on the ground.

David198502
04-18-2010, 11:06 AM
hey clangod!
if youre playing on xbox then you can add me to your friendslist!i prefer simulator mode and as anybody knows, who already played with me, im no quitter. so we could have a lot of fun shooting each other down. my gamertag:david198502

scottyvt4
04-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Anyway, it's pathetic for players to drop out because they are losing. As I said, I suck but god dammit if I can at least hang around to be the player most often shot down, then it cuts some slack for the seasoned pilots on my team... If anyone needs a distraction, I'm it. :)

I fear however that I will be forever trying to unlock the online planes as even though I've only been playing over the last 3 or 4 days, most of the sim games I've joined only ever seem to have 3 or 4 players in them. At the moment I have a hard enough time just getting a decent sight on them let alone scoring big. Out of said games with limited players, most times players have left and left just one other player in the game with me. This I admit can get extremely frustrating but I will not stop till the last. Unless of course it's an arranged thingy and thanks again for your time P-51. I look forward to shooting you down some time lol.

Bottom line is I'm hooked so I plan to become a true contender over the coming months. There's heaps of good info on this site so for those of you who have spent all that time posting with us newbies in mind, I thank you. Awesome work.

Quitters belong on the ground.

i agree with the above ive seen myself in a 4 on 1 (me) and played to the end imo it can only help hone you're skill ;) lol hence my dog fighting on all levels is still really poor as MQ, brigg, gilly, DKwookie and others will testify lollol :oops:

but unless its uneven teams and an unlimited time limit and one airfield in a CTA or really really laggy will be the only times i will quit, and i never quit as host ................ ever. its not fair on the guys playing and if people are looking for unlocks ect ect.

as clan said quitters should just stay grounded lol

just love this game its one of the best :grin: and so are one and all playing excellent bunch of guys/gals :)

PantherAttack2
04-18-2010, 12:12 PM
People will always quit, no matter what the game is. Quitters never learn how to lose properly... even if you're getting your butt kicked stay in the game.

In a matchmaking game in Halo 3 I played a 4 vs 4 game of slayer. All 3 guys on my team quit 1 or 2 minutes in (mostly because 1 guy quit, which caused another guy to quit, which caused another guy to quit, a chain reaction thing), but I stayed in there and even though I lost the match I was pretty proud of myself, since they had only won 23-17.

The Lesson: Even if the odds are against you, stay in the fight, if you quit you have no chance of winning at all; even if the chances are very slim, you still have a chance if you don't quit. Plus, if you quit all the players on your team will be angry, and it might cause another person to quit because they think since they are outnumbered they can't win.

Lahatiel
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I try not to frown too much on quitters. In the very beginning I got very frustrated a quit a couple of games too and contemplated just giving up completely. I fully admit it! I got over it and started sticking too it and actually started unlocking some planes :-P.

Look at it from their point of view: Some are new (like me) or very young (not like me). Heck, momma might be calling them to do their homework. If you are absolutely blowing someone out then give them a reason to stick around. There is no reason you can't let someone have 1 kill to your 10. Even as much as a no0b as I am; I'll give someone a chance that no one has given me yet. I bet if you will let a quitter think he/she can be competitive in a match they'll start to stick around.

The learning curve of this game is kinda steep from my point of view. I wish I could have run into some of you guys before...I stand to learn a lot.

Amy'sKeeper
04-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm coming here to attack anyone, it might seem like it though; I understand why and I'll try hard to keep it from coming across that way. I apologize in advance though.

I've played a lot of games in the only two months I've had it. Most were in Arcade where there seems to be more people who will quit because they're get beat and don't think they have a chance. You guys all seem to be throwing a blanket over anyone who quits for any reason.
I've quite quite a few games myself. I've actually quit at least 5 games because I kept dying, 11 deaths in under three minutes in one very bad case. 10 spawn kills(who the computer so graciously gave 7 to someone), complete and under bull in a 10 minute dogfight with 7 people. I quit not because I was losing(I haven't even won half of the games I've finished) but because from the looks of it, it was going to keep happening. So I left the game and sent the host a message apologizing and telling him why I quit.
In a more recent game: my sister let my dog out of the house and kids around here are really bad with animals if you know what I mean. I quit the game because I was worried about my dog.
The game I quit this morning, a 10 minute team battle game on realistic playing with people I didn't know. The people on my team would do everything they could to keep the other team from scoring. I sent one of the other players on the opposite side an apology and he wasn't very happy and his team started doing it as well. I bailed, it's pointless to play a game where you're not having fun because of people playing like that.

The people who quite for no reason other than they're losing suck and need to grow up a little bit more in this respect. The people who seemingly quit for no reason shouldn't be harped on, should be ridiculed because there's a chance that they had a good reason to quit. Not every host who quits does so because they suck or feel "over their head."
"Life isn't easy, we can't control everything that happens. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt"
~Garvis. Not me, some guy my dad used to work with.

There's more I could say but it's already starting to seem like I think I'm better than everyone, which I don't/am not and I think this is a long enough first post :) This on a PS3 btw.

scottyvt4
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
waaaaaaaoh dude .................. think the point of the thread is really aimed at the ars*eholes who get wasted and quit or a host thats getting his/her ass handed to them on a plate!!

genuine reasons as stated above or like you're house is burning down, there is a power cut or a connection error fine absolutely ive been thrown out many a game that way. Ive quit due to glitch kills too and so have most IMO

but ive been playing the game long enough to know now when and who will just quit and thats that, it sticks out like a sore thumb!!

im no way an expert in any field in BOP and the guys i usually fly with will say so ........... but you can tell who quits for quitting sakes as Panther points out you will always get them!!!

1st game i played in online was a CTA with a guy called ratman ................... doing i got was unreal i was in a blenhiem 23 or so deaths by the end kept at it to the end

welcome to the site Amy's keeper :D

crjav8er
07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Lots of PS3 quitters lately. Nothing worse than 2 or 3 seconds from a hard fought CTA or strike win to have the host (who is on the opposing team of course) quit out.

Lahatiel
07-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Lots of PS3 quitters lately. Nothing worse than 2 or 3 seconds from a hard fought CTA or strike win to have the host (who is on the opposing team of course) quit out.

It's worse than I have ever seen here lately. Out of 12 games tonight I was able to finish 3 because the hosts kept quitting. One host quit when he could no longer out number us and the teams finally evened up...go figure.

If they are quitting on me, and I kinda stink, I can only imagine what you other guys are going through.

Shadowcorp
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
host your own and stop whinning

dkwookie
07-19-2010, 02:12 PM
host your own and stop whinning

LOL good advice shadow. Alternativly keep a note of the quitters and boycot their games. There are plenty of great hosts who never quit. Maybe try some realistic. You get less quitters there. Lots of new players in arcade and it's the new ones who tend to quit. It doesn't bother me any more cos I don't give a fig about the leaderboards

Gilly
07-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Add the quitters to your block list and then when you host a game they'll be unable to join. Simple!
Prime example was the strike last night when a certain French 'pilote' quit with 3 minutes to go when he realised he wasn't going to win. Thankfully as i was host it didn't mean the game finished there and then. There seems to be an obsession by some players to 'enhance' their leaderboard scores which any decent player knows aren't to be trusted anyway. I can prove there inaccuracy by the fact it's lost half my strikes somehow!!
As you've said yourself Wookie, 'you could shoot at Dover radar station for a week and still end up climbing the leaderboards'

Lahatiel
07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
LOL good advice shadow. Alternativly keep a note of the quitters and boycot their games. There are plenty of great hosts who never quit. Maybe try some realistic. You get less quitters there. Lots of new players in arcade and it's the new ones who tend to quit. It doesn't bother me any more cos I don't give a fig about the leaderboards

I could care less about the leaderboards myself, but I would like to be able to finish unlocking planes/weapons...not a whine, just an observation.

It would be great to host myself, but the dsl is rather unstable. Thanks for your understanding.

Gilly
07-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I could care less about the leaderboards myself, but I would like to be able to finish unlocking planes/weapons...not a whine, just an observation.

It would be great to host myself, but the dsl is rather unstable. Thanks for your understanding.

If you're on PS3 keep and eye out as most decent players play of an evening after 7pm GMT and you're more than welcome to join us. Never quitting is one of the gentlemans rules we play by no matter what the outcome. We'll also happily help you unlock weapons and aircraft within normal play. That said the bombs for the 190 F8 are more down to luck than skill. Same for the bombs for the 51D whereby you end up 'kamikaze-ing' targets constantly!!!

McQ59
07-19-2010, 02:53 PM

Join the realistic crowd. Great guys, entartaining and funny games, and we don't give a flyin' f#*.. about the leaderboard. Most of us have unlocked all planes and stuff, and are happy to help out pilots to unlock. Just tell us what you'd like to unlock when I'm hosting both CTA and Strike or whatever, and we'll set up the teams to help you win/unlock. No problem. Just flyin' fun mate!

olife
07-19-2010, 03:14 PM
even if the best way to learn how to win is to loose,in fact if u really play only for the fun ,it is not very important if the other guy quite or don't quite...for me no probs,the other(s)guy(s) can quite if he(they) want,i don't know why he (they)quite,and it is not my problem...

Drvn1
07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I have only left one match and that was due to a game chair breaking in the middle of a hprrible match lol.. i was getting shot soo much my game chair blew up haha.. I have no issues losing. I have found that everyone is more than willing to help and i have learned and improved a huge amount since i started playing sim with these guys.. thanks for the flights :)